Here from Day One Badges Mk II

How long should we give out Day One badges for?

• One day

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • One day, but add a beta badge

Votes: 72 22.2%
  • Two days

Votes: 42 13.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 123 38.0%
  • A week

Votes: 60 18.5%
  • Two weeks

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • A month

• 3 months

• A year

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geggy - when I originally posted, I had posted the wrong end of beta date, that is what SplitLevelHead was referring to...

The dates are slightly off. You certainly wouldn't have been "Day 1" in Aug'05.

Check the dates on these items (released and retired), and you'll get the dates for VMK's beta period... http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Beta_Clothing
- - - Updated - - -

And I love that people are referring to the badge as "rare"... It was never a tradeable item that could be considered "rare" and has no value in game other than brag rights I suppose...

DGam'r

Three Days seems about a good amount of time for the badge to be handed out. Just make the third day have a specific time deadline.

Geggy - when I originally posted, I had posted the wrong end of beta date, that is what SplitLevelHead was referring to...

- - - Updated - - -

And I love that people are referring to the badge as "rare"... It was never a tradeable item that could be considered "rare" and has no value in game other than brag rights I suppose...
Look at it this way then. Years down the road (if it lasts that long), the original sum of people that were here to obtain the Day 1 badge will be sparse. A bad identifying and distinguishing those who have been here since then and still play will be something to be proud of. Sort of like... in RuneScape there's a Veteran cape available only to people who have played for 10 years or more. That's something to be quite proud of, the Day 1 badge can be applied under the same ideal.

Look at it this way then. Years down the road (if it lasts that long), the original sum of people that were here to obtain the Day 1 badge will be sparse. A bad identifying and distinguishing those who have been here since then and still play will be something to be proud of. Sort of like... in RuneScape there's a Veteran cape available only to people who have played for 10 years or more. That's something to be quite proud of, the Day 1 badge can be applied under the same ideal.
Exactly, it holds no real "value" other than brag rights...

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Three days are perfect, therefore the first players that sign up in those three days get the badge.

I think a Day One badge should be given out the first day, and have beta badges for anyone else playing in the beta phase.
I don't understand why it's such a big deal though...

The problem is if players are able to sign in. If they disconnect or the server is too much that they can't log in. Like the problems oVMK had. If players disconnecting and having problems signing in wasn't an issue I would agree that it should be one day.

Ness

I think a Beta Badge would be cool, but three days is fine for me! I have football games on Friday, so there's no chance I'd be able to play if it opened then.

The problem is if players are able to sign in. If they disconnect or the server is too much that they can't log in. Like the problems oVMK had. If players disconnecting and having problems signing in wasn't an issue I would agree that it should be one day.
Server connection issues can be easily fixed within only a few hours if not less... plus, Amy had already fixed those issues with oVMK. MyVMK isn't an entirely new game, it's literally the same exact code, Amy is still the developer.

I'd say a week... Obviously everyone here would enjoy and want a Day 1 badge but I've seen talk about wives and jobs, one being myself, and it'd be much better and more fair to those who don't get time at home all the time, to be able to have a week to obtain it. Not that it's life or death for us but it'd be neat to have :-)

I can see it now, "item releases for one day... everyone complains on forums they didn't get one and they want it to be available for a week."

I should be a fortune teller.

Like I've mentioned before, the more time you give people to get the badge, the less complaining you will receive. To avoid those "Oh, my computer wasn't working", "I was working/at school/baby sitting my neighbor's ficus", the badge should be available for a greater amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.