Heroes of Winter Maze

Yes I understand that games are meant to be won. And you can win this game, you just need a mixture of time, skill, and luck. It took time for you to learn the path through trial and error and skill to understand that maybe there is a pattern to it. And I understand the frustrations with the last rooms, but I kept the last rooms that way because the whole way through I want there to be a possibility of, "am I going to make it or not?" and that feeling of relief when you DO actually make it through that last bit is exciting. Sure you may have gone through a lot of anger but you got it in the end. The last room isn't the last room, the WINNING room is the last room.

Thank you for your concerns about the difficulty though, I may not change the difficulty, but I do appreciate the input. I just want to spice up the list of events with something difficult and challenging! It's the players choice if they want to try it or not. :P
I don't consider the room where you're already on the ride getting the pin as the last room because there's no choice, I still consider the teleporter to get into that winning room as the last room because that's the last place I get to make a choice. It's not like I sit in the caught or wrong flight room and ask myself if I'm going to get through or not. I already know I lost before even getting on the teleporter. When I get to that "second to last" room, I don't think it's too much to ask to feel relief already when getting into that room, get on the teleporter, and see which random pin I got. You only consider the winning room as the last room because there's still a chance at losing in the room prior, and what I'm saying is that there shouldn't be any chance at losing in that room. I already ask myself "am I going to make it or not" in the 13-14 rooms before that along the way, but I shouldn't in the last room, or the "second to last" as the way you see it. Instead of having 43 rooms, might as well had one room with 40 something teleporters and be random chance if that's how you're going to make it seem. And yes we can win this game, but not by skill because if it was by skill, I would have won many more pins already. I've only fully done one route till the end and gotten the pin on one route since the other two I can't even get passed certain rooms (that dang closet room, I've only gotten to the room with confetti 3 times) even knowing the right path so I haven't figured out the last 2-3 few rooms in the other two routes. Since I know one fully, I've been doing that one for the past 4 or so events only and only have one pin to show for it, gotten into the second to last a total of 3 times and have won only once. So, with skill it can't be won because there's rng involved. Time dedicated is an understatement because as I said before, I've been doing the one route over and over since I know it's winning and have only gotten one pin in four events, that's 8 hours plus the two extensions so 9. There's been 6 events, two with a half hour extension, so that's 19 hours in total of just trial and error and a lot of losing, too much time dedicated so think that's more than sufficient time to have "completed" this level in the "game" and have more than just one pin to show for it.

I will continue trying but I think next time there should be some adjustments and by that I don't mean in the difficulty. I think the difficulty of the rooms are perfect the way they are, but maybe just in that last or "second to last" room they could be adjusted more in our favor if you're not even considering making it guarenteed. Probabilities to get to that room altogether considering how many choices there are in some rooms, times the odds, times the amount of rooms involved to get there, is pretty difficult and low as you had intended. Maybe that second to last room could be adjusted in the future considering how difficult it is to get there to begin with just once knowing the routes because of the chances, and just make it guarenteed pin. With the time needed to figure the routes and odds to just get to that room once, making it guarenteed wouldn't be just handing us the pin considering a decent amount of work and time is involved to get there. With as low the odds with so many rooms, if we manage to get there, I think the person is more than worthy of it especially when it's one of the busiest times of the year with people prepping their homes and dinner and shopping and spending time with family. I just think that second to last room would make it more fair in the future. Maybe also knowing that each route gives two pins, so it's random which one we get too could have been made clearer sooner. I'm sure it would have saved people a lot of time earlier on. Other than that, great job on the rooms. They were beautifully built. I hope the rooms can be used again for other events in the future so they can be even more appreciated.

For me there is rarely ever a q to get in (shocker with all the clones), going through the maze only takes a few minutes, and the rooms look great. And regardless you still win something in the end. Maybe people are a little too accustomed to having their hands held during these types of things. It's luck based, and intended to be difficult, I'm not sure what people expect.

Keep it difficult, it makes the prize all the more prize worthy.

On a separare note, VMK had a potc minigame, where you had a very slim chance at winning the sparrow suit-but it was near impossible. I played it hundreds of times growing up. This host event is infinitley more entertaining, not to mention easier (in terms of luck), than that game.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
It's not about "our hands being held" through these things. I've done other mazes throughout my years of playing that I think were much more difficult than this maze. The teleporters would actually change routes so you never knew where you actually would end up but at least sometimes they'd loop you back to an old room and you could try again without losing immediately. The pins were still difficult to get, some easier to get than others and they still had value and still hold some value. Not everything in the game needs to be rare or have value, but that doesn't mean it needs to just be handed to us either cause then that's no fun if there's no effort in getting it but there could be a better balance. Here, you can know the route and still lose. Just like I can have 30 sits pins and only pull once or twice, and other times pull 7-8 times. It's like spinning a generator, it's random chance. Yes, we always get something but that's with any host event ever or crate system. Even if you don't win, a consolation prize is given and that's what the four other pins are. I think with enough time in figuring the paths out, some of which is skill and trial and error, there should be more than just luck at winning or not. I think the difficulty is fine and odds in *most* of the rooms are fine, but like with everything, adjustments could always be made and in my opinion maybe that second to last room. Time and effort should pay off at some point, which I find a lot of times doesn't work that way on this game but I still play because I find it fun and challenging. I've been lucky enough to get one pin but I know others are not as lucky and they know routes too. We can help each other in the rooms because I've seen it, and honestly that's not something I've often seen ever in host events because everyone is competitive or maybe it's the spirit of the holidays but it's still up to chance. It's not even luck.

Last edited:
I don't expect anything to be handed to me but I don't have hours of my time to go around in circles. I figured out that it was the way you intended it to be and realized that I didn't have that kind of time to invest for some pixels. It's all good! I just had better things to do.

The rooms look AWESOME! I wish I had some of that talent. But the event itself is a disaster. I think if we have events like this regularly, that are this difficult, a lot of people will loose interest in this game. I have only been able to get the 4 looser pins when there are 6 winner pins that I have only seen a couple people win. So it looks like no one will ever have a complete set. And it goes on for 2 hours???? WHY??? Make it 1 hour long, make it 1 pin that is hard to get, and have some different events that give people an actual chance of winning something. I haven't been able to win in the dreams event either. I've been here since November 2013 and this has been the most frustrating month to date. Hate to sound like a complainer, but just want to see this game grow instead of have people get frustrated and leave.

Question

Very Questionable
The rooms look AWESOME! I wish I had some of that talent. But the event itself is a disaster. I think if we have events like this regularly, that are this difficult, a lot of people will loose interest in this game. I have only been able to get the 4 looser pins when there are 6 winner pins that I have only seen a couple people win. So it looks like no one will ever have a complete set. And it goes on for 2 hours???? WHY??? Make it 1 hour long, make it 1 pin that is hard to get, and have some different events that give people an actual chance of winning something. I haven't been able to win in the dreams event either. I've been here since November 2013 and this has been the most frustrating month to date. Hate to sound like a complainer, but just want to see this game grow instead of have people get frustrated and leave.
i didn't realize you were forced to stay the whole 2 hours lol

If anyone leaves simply because of one event that they aren't enjoying, then honestly, that's on them. I'm normally the first one to call out staff for a bad month, but this month has seemed to prove that they can make items, make solid events, and make them somewhat challenging as well? Personally, I find it better that there are more rare pins, especially as someone who collects pins. Far too often everything is just uncommon, or slightly rare, with no real values being added to anything. At least with this event we're gaining rare pins that, yes, people have won, and we're seeing creative and well made rooms instead of things that are half done or rushed.

It's a maze. It's about luck. The event itself isn't difficult, but I'd say it's pretty great that they've made it two hours long. If people have hours to hop on rides for SIT, I think they can spare the two hours to ride around and see new and interesting rooms.

cuipet

I don't expect anything to be handed to me but I don't have hours of my time to go around in circles. I figured out that it was the way you intended it to be and realized that I didn't have that kind of time to invest for some pixels. It's all good! I just had better things to do.
" doesn't have two hours of my time to go around in circles" - still plays for two hours anyway- : ))

i didn't realize you were forced to stay the whole 2 hours lol
But, in theory, you could make the winning pins equally rare by just having the event be half as difficult and last half as long. Then the event is only half as frustrating and you're not sacrificing the value of the winning items.

Rizz

But, in theory, you could make the winning pins equally rare by just having the event be half as difficult and last half as long. Then the event is only half as frustrating and you're not sacrificing the value of the winning items.
In theory you could also accept your destiny, and know that you were destined to never obtain those pins.

God forbid vmk tries something a little more challenging.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
But, as I just got done saying, I'm fine with the pins being mega rare if they want to make it that way. I just think it would make sense to decrease the event time and increase the win rate. That way, the winning pins are still just as rare, the losing pins aren't so overwhelmingly abundant, and people are less likely to feel like bashing their heads against the wall after riding rides for 4 hours a day and only getting the same pins that they already have 40 of.

" doesn't have two hours of my time to go around in circles" - still plays for two hours anyway- : ))
I did invest a few hours trying to figure it out and make some progress, but left when I realized what the host had intended the event to be. I respect that people have that kind of time to devote to an online game, I just know that I do not. I hope no one takes it personally. I love that the game exists and hope it's around for a long time.

Celeste

Little Ball of Sunshine ☼
The Big City
Welcome to Disney Springs!

The Road to Downtown

Paradise Pier Bridge

The Big City: Downtown Disney

626 Mill View Street Corner

After Dark

Sugarplum Park

Parking Lot

World of Disney Outlet Mall

Little Shop of Wishes

Forecast: Light Snowfall

Erm...What's the Date?

Mysterious Island
Welcome to NOT the North Pole!

Lord of the Elves

Forest of Illumination

Reindeer Stables

1225 Claus Ln.

Humble Abode

Mr. and Mrs. Claus's Bedroom

Into the...Closet?

What the...

Icy Dungeon: Santa's Snowglobes

Forecast: Light Snowfall

Caught!

43 rooms in total! Spent about 2 weeks building the whole maze and it was stressful. I'm so glad to be able to finally show it off to all of you! <3​
Oh my! Didn’t realize how many rooms I haven’t been to yet :o. Also, just wondering how many people have actually won the rarer pins? Seems like for whoever has won they’ll be like ultra rares, and very valuable. Congrats to those who have. Really liked this maze, just wasn’t for me. After trying it so many times and getting no closer I got frustrated too easily and I gave up but that’s just me. I understand your intention to make it very difficult and for us to be challenged. I appreciate the change in pace in regards to events! Very good job building it and kudos to you for mixing it up :)

i loved this maze. it was a fun challenging event. i enjoy a challenge. all of the rooms are amazing <3