Horseback Riding

So, I'm on my university's Western Equestrian team. I didn't show this semester but I'm trying to next semester. I need clothes! My coach doesn't like anything bling-y/sparkly. I asked her to approve my outfit with black boots, black pants, black chaps, black belt, black button-down shirt, pink scarf, and a black hat. I don't know if she wants me to get an oval belt buckle. I also have to find makeup and a hairstyle. Does anybody here have experience with this? I just decided to pick this up and I really enjoy it.

I also have really weak ankles. Any tips on strengthening them so it's less painful to drop my heels? Also, what do you think about when posting at the jog?

Update! My outfit was approved. I'm wearing a purple solid western shirt ($129), black pants ($16), black boots ($70), black chaps ($60), black hat (hopefully borrowed), belt (hopefully borrowed), and a scarf (borrowed). I'm excited!

Anybody ride recreationally?

I was gonna say maybe try finding a Youtube video about it - Youtube has so many informational videos/tips on stuff like that! I actually did a horseback riding camp for a week one summer when I was younger and it was so much fun! One of my friends from high school joined the equestrian team at her college this year, since she didn't want to do the previous sport she was doing. It's so great you're getting involved though and making the best out of it! :)

Bumping this, I still have yet to find another rider. This past semester has been alright, I got 2nd place, then 6th (on the same horse, she decided she was done listening by that point), then I didn't place (HUGE class, and I have a problem with leaning forward when I think I'm sitting up straight). There's still spring semester :hearts: