Host events? Which ones are your favorites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some of you that may have seen my previous thread, if so, you already know what this about :) We want your feedback regarding which host events are your favorites :D We want to make sure we keep hosting the types of events that you want to see!

To give your feedback, please fill out on this lovely form!!

We are excited to see what you all think! Thanks for reading!

-MyVMK Staff

I don't even know what more than half of these host events are. If you can never get in due to crashing and then being at the end of a huge line you never find out what these are. I know that at least the fast ones like rideathons and teleporters you can get in more than once. But rideathons need better prizes. I only got in 3 rides this past weekend and got no green keys. The poles are worthless especially when you only get 3. I only posted this in hopes that someone will listen.

camzilla

End of MYVMK as we knew it 5/2/2015
Was a good idea to have this poll that way you can hear what the players themselves in the majority like for events.

CandyCars

I don't even know what more than half of these host events are. If you can never get in due to crashing and then being at the end of a huge line you never find out what these are. I know that at least the fast ones like rideathons and teleporters you can get in more than once. But rideathons need better prizes. I only got in 3 rides this past weekend and got no green keys. The poles are worthless especially when you only get 3. I only posted this in hopes that someone will listen.
You got the keys, they are in your inventory, but they were not on the message. :)

I am sure that all of the Host Events take a lot of work and planning. We all should enjoy every one of them, and be thankful for what they have given us.
Keep up the good work. This past weekend's Pirate Ride-A-Thon was awesome. Thanks to Grizzly, Absolem, Nemo and Tink.

Lost

Long post about my opinions in general and about the results thus far:

Personally for me, and looking at the results, seems like people agree, that events like ride-a-thons and teleporters/ mazes are the most fun options. Why? Because we have have a lot of chances to get in multiple times, if we are late to one of the events we can still probably get in a few times, if we are in queue when it closes it seems like we still have a chance to win the main prize of the event. Fast queues and lots of small prizes that are useful in bulk for room building is nice to see. Spinners games are usually pretty fun and you may get in once or twice, I think the best spinner games are ones where multiple people play, so events with like 2 teams of 3 or 4 manages to get a lot of people through quickly. Also the dream squad is scoring pretty well, it's an event that doesn't require a queue, an event where you can build rooms and chat with friends and not worry about your fast pass breaking or anything. You have a chance to get loads of cool items without the hassle of queueing and waiting for hours. Sure you may not win every time, or you may see a host only a few times, but it's one of those events which is more part of the game instead of a room event. Pin trading is usually fun if there are pins that you want, if there isnt a pin you want it's kind of hit or miss. I think on VMK things like released the ATIS eye in only one event, or releasing a pin in low quantity such as for only a short time during the event gave it more of an edge, it isn't the same thing every time. I think an item trading event would be kind of cool, changing items during the event maybe at some events, giving the choice between a few items instead of pins. I would love to see more Yard Sales but the problem with them is that the amount of items in a room can lag people a lot and slow the event and on top of that if people don't know names of items it can also mean not many get in. I think a really cool idea for a Yard Sale event would be this: 2-4 HOSTs running separate rooms. That would give more people a chance, have a mix of different items and different additions of items in each room and allow more players to try the event. I mean if you look at a few of the HOSTs results, peoples favourite is trading events. Anyway enough of my ramblings lol. TLDR: I think Yard Sales are fun and trading events could be spiced up. Teleporter and maze events are probably my favourite due to simplicity and speed, and ride-a-thons are great for room builders. Events which allow more people to participate at once and thus make queues faster are a plus. Events with multiple rooms are a huge bonus due to choice of room and more chance of getting in at least once.

My favorite event was "Pluto's Great Adventure"...oh wait it isn't created yet. It's an idea though, right? ;)

Actually, I think there is a good mix/variety right now. I couldn't attend some events because they were always at a time I was unavailable, which is unfortunate because I saw screen shots of some rooms and thought they were awesome :)

greeniemimi

Just call me Mims. :)
I only replied to the first question. I didn't try to answer the others, as I don't remember which game was which and there were many I never made it into. There wasn't any space for comments, so I'll post mine here. :)

First, I think having more than one start room for mazes and ride-a-thons would be awesome. When there is only one host room open, odds are slim of getting in more than once. Maybe having CLs keep start rooms open, when only one host is available? Also, ride-a-thons on VMK meant we had nearly all day to accumulate those building materials, not just two hours. I missed out on both days this past weekend because of work.

Secondly, I'd love to see more building competitions. Teamwork, interraction, these are what makes MyVMK a community, not waiting in queue or riding for SITs. :)

Thanks for letting us give some input!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I can understand why it was only a 2 hour event do to lag during the ride a thon. The hosts/staff worked extremely hard to bring us amazing rooms. Would be nice to have more ride events through the month. Though I can understand how hard it is to get all hosts on at same time. I hope we can have more ride events in the future even if we use old rides the hosts have made. :) I think the choice for hosts has been very good. My favorite events though are the one that move fast and everyone can get in. I think pin trade there should be more than one host to make the queue move faster. Maybe a CL could help with that? Over all I am very happy with host events. Host events are one the great highlights of the game. :)

captmrose

Documented Disney Freak
I enjoy all of the host events that I've been to. The only complaint I have is when they last only 1 hour or 1.5 hours and it's a slow queue. Some of the more recent ones have involved up to 9 players at a time and that helps move the queue so much more quickly... For those of us that can't get in when the event first opens, it still gives us a chance to get into the event... as Captain Heather said earlier, even if we don't win, I really enjoy seeing the creativity and the time the hosts put into the builds. I agree with Littlebelle that for pin trading it would be great if there were two staff (hosts, Cls ) that could trade.... I always feel rushed when I go to pin trading... and sometimes I feel like I don't get to say thank you fast enough because I don't want to take up much time...
I don't have much luck with the teleporter games...at least for the spinner games it's an interaction with other players and or staff so it's fun...
Ride a thons are awesome especially with the keys or the subs as prizes... they are an important part of the theme I think. Plus again I get to see all the different creative sides of the staff :)
Thanks for asking for input and Thanks for the time the staff puts into these events!

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
I couldn't attend some of those events but I made sure to checkmark the ones I did attend and liked!
I really like teleporter mazes, ride a thons and pin trading, but for pin trading I'd like to see more than one host trading so that the queue moves faster. :)

There are some of you that may have seen my previous thread, if so, you already know what this about :) We want your feedback regarding which host events are your favorites :D We want to make sure we keep hosting the types of events that you want to see!

To give your feedback, please fill out on this lovely form!!

We are excited to see what you all think! Thanks for reading!

-MyVMK Staff
lol i did survey.. but don't know what some are because i never attended due to not having time. but my fav so far rideathon<3

Status
Not open for further replies.