HOST Prize Values

Lost

I've been feeling this for quite a while so I'm finally making a thread about it.

I feel that HOST Prize values are just too low and this is because of a few reasons.

The HOST prize doesn't usually change all month except for having maybe some pins or different consolation prize mixed in. This means that the amount of each HOST prize that is won is extremely high. I understand that you want everyone to have a chance to win each prize, but this is a very small community, much smaller than VMK. Due to the fact that each HOST prize is flooded into the game, each prize loses value after 1 or 2 events. Nearly every HOST item is worth between a few K - 5k, with some going up to 10k. There is only a very small amount of items with much value and these items are either highly demanded, or were released long ago, these items are JC Pins (Which recently have been trading a lot less than usual), HM Clocks (Which have been traded a lot less than usual) and Dreams items (Most of these are never traded such as the chairs, or the clothing has been trading for less).

Due to the fact we have such a small community and so many events to get the same item, HOST prizes hardly seem worth the time any more. If you queue for an event for 1 - 2 hours and then have maybe a 15-33% chance of winning, then on average you would win a HOST prize every 7 hours of queueing. Considering you can trade a HOST prize for maybe 3-7k in most instances, and that most people can probably earn at least 5k per hour of minigames, probably more for most, then you are effectively wasting 30k-50k/ 6 hours if you try attend HOST events.

This is less a rant and more an observation that due to the community size and the length each item is available, HOST prizes are hardly worth trying to get any more. Some of the more fun events being ride-a-thons, mazes and guess the teleporter, if the queue moves fast you can get in quite a few times each event, are finally being things we see more which is good and bad, you get to play the fun events more but the prizes are more worthless.

I believe that events which are meant to be hard to win and get into, should give prizes which would help people attain higher valued items. Crate items being a way to get high value items, mainly benefits the rich. For me I just bought and traded for a lot of crates + keys, sure I worked hard for a lot of keys too but for people who are already rich it isn't that hard to buy bulk keys + crates and push the odds way in your favour and most likely get a bunch more super rares which makes you even more rich whilst the poorer people rely on mainly luck to get lucky on the few keys they have. That's why HOST events should be the events which maybe have an item for that one event (Maybe 1 event per month will give a different one time only item and no one knows beforehand so that some people would be less likely to abuse the use of clones on multiple computers) or only available for a week, or have 4 different main HOST prizes on a cycle each month, so the economy doesn't get saturated. Not only would it add some more fun with newer items, but it would mean that people lucky enough to win the event where it has only one event, would have a highly demanded item instead of something with practically no demand, or too much supply. Remember ATIS eye pin anyone? Things being rare from HOST event isn't a bad thing, it means there is competition for items, an economy which doesn't rely on firewalls, and more of a surprise each event.

Most HOST items are practically worthless due to the amount in-game, there are so many released, that most people have some and thus when people try trade them, no one wants them. I would like to see that change. HM rooms and pins are some of the most desired items in game but due to the amount released, HM pins are worth as much as most unwanted HOST prizes now, and HM rooms are dropping a lot too, as even though there is huge demand, the supply is just too high.

Last edited:

ShellePenn

You are looking at things in the immediate future and not the long term. I am sure when the original VMK community started it had the very same issue. I was late coming into the original VMK so most of the things that people got to begin with were absolutely unobtainable for me.

We have the same opportunity as the original VMK'ers. We have gotten in on the 'ground floor' so to speak. So accumulating things now are only going to benefit you a year from now, two years, three, etc.

You might feel that your HM pin set and rooms are low value now, but give it a year and you can ask your price for those pins. So I'm holding onto my 4 complete sets of pins and 7 rooms as an investment. And I suggest everything that is released you look at those items with the same long term investment possibilities.

Exodus

There's a difference between host prizes' values being low versuses their demand just simply going down or being down at the moment...

Currently the reason why HM clock values are low is due to a lot being circulated among trades (many who have hoarded finally let them go).

During the month of November, JC pins held a similar value as HM pins are holding (maybe slightly more) as it was being distributed. You have to consider there were less players then, and heaps attending these recent events. The value of HM pins will rise with time just as every retired host items.

Personally I've seen the value of dream items remain consistent (the hook and turrets) for those who are seeking them. However, the value drop of the shirt and ears might be associated with the unnecessary recolors of the dream shirts released. The unnecessary recolors of the princess minnie hats were apart of its drop in value.

You just have to give it time and not expect sudden value fluctuations... It's a gradual process most of the time.

Last edited:

nickky37

People get bored doing the same ole over and over. I enjoy the events also. And as @ShellePenn points out you are being short sighted. If the value of these items aren't enough for you simply don't get in que for the event. Quit worrying about the worth of an item and just have fun.

Ranch

With an item such as the HM room, I'm absolutely thankful staff has made it so abundant for us all. If I ever were to get a wild hair and want to build something with the room, I'd need 5 to 7 of the rooms to do it right. ;)

Lost

You are looking at things in the immediate future and not the long term. I am sure when the original VMK community started it had the very same issue. I was late coming into the original VMK so most of the things that people got to begin with were absolutely unobtainable for me.

We have the same opportunity as the original VMK'ers. We have gotten in on the 'ground floor' so to speak. So accumulating things now are only going to benefit you a year from now, two years, three, etc.

You might feel that your HM pin set and rooms are low value now, but give it a year and you can ask your price for those pins. So I'm holding onto my 4 complete sets of pins and 7 rooms as an investment. And I suggest everything that is released you look at those items with the same long term investment possibilities.
The problem is most the items won't raise in price and they are not items highly sought after, and the fact there are so many in-game means that even if someone wanted one, they would be able to get it at such a low price because so many people have them.

There is only a few items which will grow in value in my opinion. Those being HM Clock (first HOST prize), Dream items (One of the most desired and most enjoyed items in-game), Room Pins (Due to the fact that as people use them, the numbers grow less) and the JC and HM pin sets (They are some of the best pins in-game that everyone wants and in the future more people will want them as individuals and sets).

If you look at most other items, they are demanded enough to even out with the overwhelming supply, they won't grow or even be wanted because they are so easy to get because everyone has some, or some have many.

Compared with the crate prize system, the HOST prize system falls short because there is no stand out items that are worth much unless you want to wait 5 years. I don't really feel like waiting for 5 years for some items I have to go up 5k in value, which is probably the extent of change that most of the current released prizes will change.

nickky37

Then like the rest of us you'll just have to use them along with something else to trade for more valuable items and slowly build up your empire. If that isn't good enough for you don't do the event and play the mini games. And most likely if they do change it like you want you'll be one of the first to complain if you don't get that item each month. People need to play the game in all it's aspects. Including socializing and helping others. Not just ranting please make me "rich" quick or I didn't get something.

Exodus

The problem is most the items won't raise in price and they are not items highly sought after, and the fact there are so many in-game means that even if someone wanted one, they would be able to get it at such a low price because so many people have them.

There is only a few items which will grow in value in my opinion. Those being HM Clock (first HOST prize), Dream items (One of the most desired and most enjoyed items in-game), Room Pins (Due to the fact that as people use them, the numbers grow less) and the JC and HM pin sets (They are some of the best pins in-game that everyone wants and in the future more people will want them as individuals and sets).

If you look at most other items, they are demanded enough to even out with the overwhelming supply, they won't grow or even be wanted because they are so easy to get because everyone has some, or some have many.

Compared with the crate prize system, the HOST prize system falls short because there is no stand out items that are worth much unless you want to wait 5 years. I don't really feel like waiting for 5 years for some items I have to go up 5k in value, which is probably the extent of change that most of the current released prizes will change.
Well... if there's prizes currently being distributed such as the HM Room Pins and HM Pin Set Pins (Nemo said to keep an eye out for the calendar) then obviously they won't be highly sought out after for the moment... it only makes sense? But to say that "most" won't be highly sought after is very narrow-minded as you don't know how much they'll be demanded by incoming new players or players returning after having left for months.

Lost

People get bored doing the same ole over and over. I enjoy the events also. And as @ShellePenn points out you are being short sighted. If the value of these items aren't enough for you simply don't get in que for the event. Quit worrying about the worth of an item and just have fun.
Lets compare HOST prizes to a stitch hat then. If you want a stitch hat then for most the prizes, you would have to have 250+ mixed HOST items released in the past to be able to equal the value. There is such a big gap between the higher priced items that people have no change unless you played early on, or get luck with crates which we don't have any more. HOST prizes in my opinion should be something vaguely exclusive that adds to the trading atmosphere, not something that every has 10 of each if they go to a few events a week. Sure I think the events are fun but I am merely saying maybe they should switch up the reward system to add in some items which will hold more value, items that would be deemed acceptable in super rare offers instead of asked to replace because there are so many in-game that they aren't wanted.

I don't see what is so wrong about wanted more items which have a decent trade value so we can start to get out of this firewall only hole in the trading atmosphere.

With an item such as the HM room, I'm absolutely thankful staff has made it so abundant for us all. If I ever were to get a wild hair and want to build something with the room, I'd need 5 to 7 of the rooms to do it right. ;)
I agree that some items are good too see a lot of. But these are mainly only room pins that are super useful to release in bulk. Most other past items are considered junk, and due to the fact that trading is a very big aspect of this game, it would be nice to have more options other than sprees and firewalls to get anything. Look at animation viewers, or randomisers. They are cool items and can be useful for rooms but so many were released that they have no value, people who didn't play back then can buy them super cheap and people who did play back then probably have a bunch and so never want more in offers etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1414265200][/DOUBLEPOST]
Then like the rest of us you'll just have to use them along with something else to trade for more valuable items and slowly build up your empire. If that isn't good enough for you don't do the event and play the mini games. And most likely if they do change it like you want you'll be one of the first to complain if you don't get that item each month. People need to play the game in all it's aspects. Including socializing and helping others. Not just ranting please make me "rich" quick or I didn't get something.
I like some of the events I just wish they would be more rewarding or a way to spice up the game more. I also find it quite rude how you assume I'd be one of the first to complain if I didn't get a more exclusive HOST item, on the contrary. I would be happy that there were items in the trading sphere that were actually demanded. I'm not saying to make people rich quick, I'm saying that HOST event prizes could be more varied so there are even more items worth trading for, and give more people the ability to get higher valued items. Most the super rares usually just mix their way around the same group of people, except when crate items give super rares. I think something that requires time and luck such as HOST events should reward players and give more people a change to get items they want instead of being asked to replace their HOST item as to most that item isn't considered worth much. Most items people only seem to want sprees or walls. Host items are all but forgotten due to the amount in-game.

Well... if there's prizes currently being distributed such as the HM Room Pins and HM Pin Set Pins (Nemo said to keep an eye out for the calendar) then obviously they won't be highly sought out after for the moment... it only makes sense? But to say that "most" won't be highly sought after is very narrow-minded as you don't know how much they'll be demanded by incoming new players or players returning after having left for months.
I strongly believe most of the past host items won't gain much or any value. This is very much a niche game that won't grow as huge as VMK was, in my opinion. Most the past host items, there are so many in-game that if they were demanded for new people or returning people, there are so many people who would want to get rid of soem of that item that the values won't go up at all. This is true for most items, not all but most.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

nickky37

The only way we'll get out of the FW, Roses and clocks required for items that in my opinion are outrageously price is to re-release those items. There is NOTHING in this game I will pay more than a couple FWs for. I may like it. I may want it. However nothing is worth more than that in my opinion. I think the Stich hat looks silly other than to make a HM type Room I have no interests in the clocks. I like the roses but they like the FW really amount to "money" or for a show of wealth. Play for items you really want otherwise it just takes the fun out of the game. And if you have 10 of a host item ( which I have never managed to do... ) Help out a noobie. Get them start with something of value even if it's only 2-5k in value. You'll be amazed how happy they are to get something... anything really... like that. Again trade the small value items to get the higher value items you desire. It take some time and work but this is what the average person does.

Exodus

I strongly believe most of the past host items won't gain much or any value. This is very much a niche game that won't grow as huge as VMK was, in my opinion. Most the past host items, there are so many in-game that if they were demanded for new people or returning people, there are so many people who would want to get rid of soem of that item that the values won't go up at all. This is true for most items, not all but most.

That's just my opinion.
I guess I personally don't care that host prizes hold a flexible value in terms of being tradeable, but I would have to say the most pleasing month was January in terms of host prize release. It was ppr waterfalls for 2 weeks, musketeer hats for 1-1.5 weeks, and I think a third prize that I particularly forgot about for the last week.

The only way we'll get out of the FW, Roses and clocks required for items that in my opinion are outrageously price is to re-release those items. There is NOTHING in this game I will pay more than a couple FWs for. I may like it. I may want it. However nothing is worth more than that in my opinion. I think the Stich hat looks silly other than to make a HM type Room I have no interests in the clocks. I like the roses but they like the FW really amount to "money" or for a show of wealth. Play for items you really want otherwise it just takes the fun out of the game. And if you have 10 of a host item ( which I have never managed to do... ) Help out a noobie. Get them start with something of value even if it's only 2-5k in value. You'll be amazed how happy they are to get something... anything really... like that. Again trade the small value items to get the higher value items you desire. It take some time and work but this is what the average person does.
Re-releasing firewalls would cause chaos and havoc lol. The community depends on a stable commodity to determine values of practically everything.

But I honestly think making host prizes more than moderately exclusive would call for the rich only getting richer.

MamaNutty

I like the host items given out for the month personally.
It makes it easier for those that can't be on the game 24/7 to obtain a chance to win it.
The weekly new releases are really helping this month for those trying to obtain the desired items( fires & clocks).Sprees are where it's at:)

nickky37

It may it would be more chaotic for the uber rich than for most of the player and the chaos would die down. Paying 15, 30 and even double that for an item is absurd to say the least.

Exodus

It may it would be more chaotic for the uber rich than for most of the player and the chaos would die down. Paying 15, 30 and even double that for an item is absurd to say the least.
Chaos wouldn't die down. Most of the "rich" who have obtained that many firewalls paid a fair price... The fact that one wants a re-release of an item simply because they don't wish for the economy to have items that exist to work hard towards to obtain isn't fun. At one point everyone had to work their way up, everyone. The new players need to as well should an economy exist within MyVMK.

nickky37

I am more than willing to work hard. I have used the small items to trade for items I really want... to a point. I will not try for Sparrow or Stitch or green flips. They are for players that want a show of wealth and that is simply my opinion. But the price of FW and such items are now are inflated too high by the few that hold the majority of them. This is a just game to make things such as Inferno and other items so out of reach is again absurd. Again my opinion. Also I am working my way up... and I am ok with host prizes be worth only 2-5k. I use them to work my way up with other items and credits sprees.

Exodus

I am more than willing to work hard. I have used the small items to trade for items I really want... to a point. I will not try for Sparrow or Stitch or green flips. They are for players that want a show of wealth and that is simply my opinion. But the price of FW and such items are now are inflated too high by the few that hold the majority of them. This is a just game to make things such as Inferno and other items so out of reach is again absurd. Again my opinion. Also I am working my way up... and I am ok with host prizes be worth only 2-5k. I use them to work my way up with other items and credits sprees.
Sparrow and Stitch are a completely other case. And there is roughly more than 3,000 firewalls in game (if I remember the stat correctly). So in reality, a few do not hold majority of them. In fact, I'm sure every player has gotten their hands on multiple firewalls through trades if they've been playing the game enough. I understand that's your opinion, but I'm trying to give you insight on why a firewall's value is as high as it is today.

Let me tell you the history of firewalls and the economy of the earlier MyVMK months. When they first came out on day 2 of MyVMK, the very small community of 200 or so knew that there would be some that would clone like no other for them. And that has been beneficial to date as there is a reasonable amount always in circulation, or else you would find firewalls being worth more than 40k today. We had a lack of ways to obtain credis. Shells came out within the first two weeks of MyVMK and that helped us mindlessly play and build credits to buy items to invest in that we knew one day would pay off (Halloween items). Then mid-October Fireworks was released but the pay out wasn't/isn't as great for an average player as it is today with JC being 300/per 5 minutes. Back to firewalls. During the month of October, it was common to be able to trade 2-4 firewalls per bat magic which was on sale for 10k during then. This exchange sort of stabilized those firewalls that were cloned as someone out there was having to pay credit labor for them through purchases of bat magic I guess. It wasn't until after MONTHS/a year that the value had risen to a stable 20k within the economy. It was all a gradual change... which only makes sense. Why is it fair that bat magic to date can be valued at 20-30k and not a firewall? It's been over a year since its release.. it only makes sense.

And the original VMK made it equally as absurd to obtain inferno and other goodies :) In fact, it required people to invest thousands of real life dollars to go to Disney parks to obtain pieces of plastic that held codes to stitch hats and other goodies. So I believe MyVMK is doing a good job in enforcing that same effort from the original.

MamaNutty

I was a big trader on vmk & very specifically remember this:
28 firewalls=Stitch Hat
3 Stitch Hats= inferno
Yet I don't remember ppl complaining about firewalls back then. Yes they were used as a game currency.. So what's the problem?

nickky37

I am fully aware of the history of MyVmk and VMK as I played that also. I also think MyVmk is doing great. I disagree with prices of things. My opinion. My first post on here was in support of their host rewards. And basically to work your way up to what you want.

Jasmine

Chaos wouldn't die down. Most of the "rich" who have obtained that many firewalls paid a fair price... The fact that one wants a re-release of an item simply because they don't wish for the economy to have items that exist to work hard towards to obtain isn't fun. At one point everyone had to work their way up, everyone. The new players need to as well should an economy exist within MyVMK.
That wasn't the point of the post at all. Lost brought up getting past firewalls being the only currency and her reply was a response to his comment. You're completely taking her opinion out of context.

For the record though, with the small amount of players that actually have a large amount of firewalls (I'm defining this by 15-20+ firewalls, by the way), I do think "chaos" would die down if they were re-released. I personally believe gift cards are needed right now in the economy, but the re-release of those items possibly might help as well. It would just depend on how the release is done.

I would also like to add that even though you may think that the way MyVMK has dealt with rares and such has been great, everyone else doesn't think that way. Even Amy has shown concern over it. Why do you think items such as the firewall were re-released in the green crates? It was her attempt to correct the economy.

Let me tell you the history of firewalls and the economy of the earlier MyVMK months. When they first came out on day 2 of MyVMK, the very small community of 200 or so knew that there would be some that would clone like no other for them. And that has been beneficial to date as there is a reasonable amount always in circulation, or else you would find firewalls being worth more than 40k today. We had a lack of ways to obtain credis. Shells came out within the first two weeks of MyVMK and that helped us mindlessly play and build credits to buy items to invest in that we knew one day would pay off (Halloween items). Then mid-October Fireworks was released but the pay out wasn't/isn't as great for an average player as it is today with JC being 300/per 5 minutes. Back to firewalls. During the month of October, it was common to be able to trade 2-4 firewalls per bat magic which was on sale for 10k during then. This exchange sort of stabilized those firewalls that were cloned as someone out there was having to pay credit labor for them through purchases of bat magic I guess. It wasn't until after MONTHS and a year that the value had risen to a stable 20k within the economy. It was all a gradual change... which only makes sense. Why is it fair that bat magic to date can be valued at 20-30k and not a firewall? It's been over a year since its release.. it only makes sense.
Actually, most people had no idea that firewalls were going to be retired. Only certain people (some who were friends with staff members) were aware that the item was going to be retired and warned others about it. Not to mention that the cloning hasn't been beneficial at all. In fact, it's part of the problem we're having right now. Here's one of my posts from another thread when someone else said that:
That's the point, though. If so many weren't cloned, don't you realize they wouldn't have been used as a currency? They would've been so impossible to obtain that there's no way they could've been a currency.
Not to mention that if they weren't being used as a currency, they could've been re-released later without having to worry about the economy. And everyone who liked them for decorating purposes would have had access to them. Cloning is never beneficial.

Also, shells came out the same day (September 29th) that the firewall was introduced in game. Shells allowed some people to earn a lot of credits (and buy firewalls fairly), but for the most part, I guarantee the firewalls were cloned. Fireworks was then released in early October, as was the Fireworks competition. As for the economy back then... I remember trading a gas mask on Halloween and getting 5 1* bat magics for it. xD Things were definitely different.

I was a big trader on vmk & very specifically remember this:
28 firewalls=Stitch Hat
3 Stitch Hats= inferno
Yet I don't remember ppl complaining about firewalls back then. Yes they were used as a game currency.. So what's the problem?
The problem is that you're also forgetting that VMK had other "currencies" as well, such as in-park quests & their cards and the Disney movie reward program as well. People had other ways to attain the items they wanted (and no, it didn't require you to invest "thousands" of dollars. If you couldn't go to the park, you always had the option of buying the cards online for a possibility of a cheaper price - which was likely cheaper than a trip to Disney anyway). People aren't complaining about firewalls to be complaining; they're saying they want another currency to go along with them (such as gift cards).

Maliboomer

All I know is that something needs to be done about the firewalls running the economy. It is ridiculous that you can have an item worth “10 firewalls in value” but if you are looking for actual firewalls you are lucky to get 2 or 3. If you are paying for something in only actual firewalls you can get huge discounts on items that should be worth a lot more. People are complaining about firewalls because an actual firewall is worth way more than “the value of a firewall.” In the old vmk you could easily trade for items without any firewalls because other items were desired and had value. In myvmk you can’t easily trade for high priced items without firewalls.

That being said, maybe trying to keep host prizes at a higher value could help the economy and bridge the gap between the “rich” and the “poor” since everyone would have an equal chance to win the prizes. If you have to wait months for a Host Prize to be worth something, that is where the rich get richer because they are smart enough to buy low while they can and sell high when the demand increases.

Also, giftcards could help bridge the gap (: