HOST_Thanos Event Feedback

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
Hello Universe!

After running my first event, Queen of Hearts Croquet, this afternoon, I wanted to create a place where the players can give me feedback! As this was my first, there were some bumps, and I will be addressing them going forward before hosting the game again!

That being said, I welcome all feedback (good, bad, or indifferent) provided that it is constructive! If you didnt like something, and can explain why you did not like it (getting to the nitty gritty) I will be able to address the issues much quicker! If you liked the event, why, and if you didn't, what could be improved? Its also fine if it just wasn't your cup of tea!

Rather than making this exclusively about me, I would also love to hear what you all have to say on what TYPE of events you would like to see going forward! Do you prefer spinning games? Races? Something else entirely? First and foremost I am making these events for you all, and thus I want them to be fun for you! If you have an idea for gameplay, or you just really enjoy a certain type, please let me know here!

I believe all feedback is good feedback, so I will take any and all you would like to give me! If you ever have any questions feel free to post here or shoot me a pm!

Looking forward to your feedback,
HOST_Thanos
[DOUBLEPOST=1527518420,1526435060][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello everyone!

I was hoping to gain some feedback from last nights popup event, Navi River Journey. I know there had been some discussion formerly about wanting more popup type events! I will say, this was truly a popup event for everyone involved, as it was decided we would make and run it about an hour and a half before it began.

I wanted to make sure that everyone who came in had a chance to win the banshee pet, which is why we went for a simpler style of gameplay. That being said, I would love to have various styles of games in this type of event, first and foremost to keep them interesting, but also so they remain a challenge and something that you want to come out and play!

As is the nature of the popup, we announced it one hour before the games began, and my question to you is, did you feel adequately prepared to get on by that point? Obviously in this type of event, it can be very hard to pick a time when everyone can get on and play, and I do hope to run these types of events at a variety of times to ensure everyone can make it to them.

All of this said, I welcome any feedback you have on this event, and would truly like to know if it was enjoyable and something that you would like to see more of in the coming months, reserved for special occasions, of course. Anything you want to tell me, please post here!

Thank you all!
HOST_Thanos

Hiya.
I’ve enjoyed both events you’ve hosted thus far.
Queen of Hearts Croquet was confusing at first, but once the rules were explained and I saw other players playing the game, it made more sense. I thought it was really cool how one player had to move through acting like the ball for croquet.
For the Navi River Journey pop up I first want to say how gorgeous the rooms were. For only having an hour and a half to prepare, they were done beautifully! Even though it was simple game play, I like how you incorporated having to ‘link with our banshee’ in order to win. Keeping it to two players per spin was also a great way of letting us win. It gave us a 50/50 chance of being able to have our own banshee. I feel like an hour notice, as long as it’s later in the day, is a good amount of time to prepare. That way I feel like everyone can try and get on for the event.
Thank you for hosting your events!

Fruits

Morning Thanos!

Regarding the Na'vi River Journey pop-up event; I would recommend in the future having multiple pop-up events with the same winning prize. I know a lot of people would have loved to experience/win the banshee on the shoulder prize. Furthermore, considering that the pop-up event occurred on Memorial Day weekend is probably not the best time to have a pop-up event that would only happen once over the course of the month. In sum, I would love to see more pop-up events, but have multiple(at different times of the day) throughout the month with the same winning prize(a special/unique pop-up event prize). This way everyone has a chance of playing the pop-up event and winning that unique prize. This can kind of be seen like the Staff's current 'Hide and Seek' event!

I AM FROOT:FinalBattle:

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
Hiya.
I’ve enjoyed both events you’ve hosted thus far.
Queen of Hearts Croquet was confusing at first, but once the rules were explained and I saw other players playing the game, it made more sense. I thought it was really cool how one player had to move through acting like the ball for croquet.
For the Navi River Journey pop up I first want to say how gorgeous the rooms were. For only having an hour and a half to prepare, they were done beautifully! Even though it was simple game play, I like how you incorporated having to ‘link with our banshee’ in order to win. Keeping it to two players per spin was also a great way of letting us win. It gave us a 50/50 chance of being able to have our own banshee. I feel like an hour notice, as long as it’s later in the day, is a good amount of time to prepare. That way I feel like everyone can try and get on for the event.
Thank you for hosting your events!
Thank you for the feedback! I appreciate all the compliments! :D

Morning Thanos!

Regarding the Na'vi River Journey pop-up event; I would recommend in the future having multiple pop-up events with the same winning prize. I know a lot of people would have loved to experience/win the banshee on the shoulder prize. Furthermore, considering that the pop-up event occurred on Memorial Day weekend is probably not the best time to have a pop-up event that would only happen once over the course of the month. In sum, I would love to see more pop-up events, but have multiple(at different times of the day) throughout the month with the same winning prize(a special/unique pop-up event prize). This way everyone has a chance of playing the pop-up event and winning that unique prize. This can kind of be seen like the Staff's current 'Hide and Seek' event!

I AM FROOT:FinalBattle:
You are...... Frooooooot! Hello! I totally understand, and thank you for the feedback! Like I said, it was a last minute idea (even for me) and I have had some discussions on other ways of getting the banshees to everyone! Unfortunately, the opening coincided with the holiday weekend, and I apologize to anyone who may have missed out because of it! I definitely dont want any one to be isolated and feel as though they missed out! Going forward, I plan to be much more prepared for any popups, and hopefully will be able to run them across multiple times in celebration of whatever we are hosting it for! Thank you so much, and feel free to keep the input coming! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1528310162,1527640518][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello Universe!

My first event for my month- ... I mean Marvel Month has just ended!

The Mad Titan.jpg

This first game is The Mad Titan and is a spinning game, where you face off directly with me to see who can gain the most infinity stones. As is the nature of a one player game, it is a slow event, and I extended today to try and get as many players in as I possibly can! I will be looking at the calendar and adjusting as needed for future runs of this event. That being said, I welcome your feedback on this event! Did you enjoy it? Why or why not? Overall, from my perspective it ran pretty well, but I would love to hear from all of you on how it went. Thank you in advance for any and all feedback you provide!

Squiggle

Hey Thanos, I really loved the event today and the theme of the room fit perfectly. The only thing I would want changed is I don't think the event is fast enough. Being 1v1 each person takes 1:30-2m each time so that lets 20ish people into the event per 30m so that can be improved then you would not need to keep extending your events. A few things I think can help this is putting the stone the person won onto the little platform and the same for your stones, that way people get a visual of how many they won and whats left up for grabs, also this will help so you don't have to keep say 2-1, you'll just need to tell them to spin once your done moving the stone.

I actually enjoyed the game, very creative. I have to agree with squiggle with giving us actual stones to keep count on points (idk it's not exactly necessary but I found it cute).
Only thing I did not like about the event is when we all know it is 1 person per play and a very small queue in the room (3 people) so this makes it extreme slow in the actual queue. I also joined on the dot same as Dinglehopper and I was 17 in queue but took over 30 mins (before extension) to get into the event.
We are all aware staff has busy schedules etc but if you know it's going to be a one player game, maybe not make it 30 mins...

BUT a first time for everything right? :) Thank you

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
A few things I think can help this is putting the stone the person won onto the little platform and the same for your stones, that way people get a visual of how many they won and whats left up for grabs, also this will help so you don't have to keep say 2-1, you'll just need to tell them to spin once your done moving the stone.
Hello! I absolutely LOVE this idea! I will be looking into a way to incorporate this for the next time I open!

I actually enjoyed the game, very creative. I have to agree with squiggle with giving us actual stones to keep count on points (idk it's not exactly necessary but I found it cute).
I agree! To be completely honest, I think it will help keep me sane was well! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed playing!

I think the extension to the full hour would be helpful! I joined at 1:00:00 PM EST on the dot and I was 13th in line, and I got into the host room around 1:25. Otherwise, I think all went well!
Thank you for the feedback, I am glad you got in to play! Also, thank you for giving me these specifics, as it helps me to better plan!

Only thing I did not like about the event is when we all know it is 1 person per play and a very small queue in the room (3 people) so this makes it extreme slow in the actual queue.

Just to give a little insight as to the method to my madness, I allowed 3 people in the room at a time to ensure that there would not be a ton of chat blocking the game play area. I anticipated there being more questions than there were, and I didn't want things to get lost in the mix! That being said, I will be upping the limit into the room to allow more players through at one time.

I also joined on the dot same as Dinglehopper and I was 17 in queue but took over 30 mins (before extension) to get into the event.
Thank you for these specifics as well, it is helpful in terms of planning!

We are all aware staff has busy schedules etc but if you know it's going to be a one player game, maybe not make it 30 mins...
Not to make excuses, but again just to give a little insight, I put it on the calendar with the intention of extending to the full hour if the need was there (which it was today). We usually reserve longer events for the afternoons when there are less people online and can spend a little more time on each round. I had watched the amount of players that were on at certain times to see when would be best to host it. That being said, the number of players online more than doubled from half an hour before the event when I sent out the tweet to the time it began. While I am totally happy to see that happen, it was not something I had expected and had not adequately planned for!

BUT a first time for everything right? :) Thank you
Yes there is! I am thankful for all the feedback you three have provided me! I will be adjusting based on what you have all provided me!

If anyone else has any feedback, please let me know! Thank you all! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1530460394,1528338680][/DOUBLEPOST]Hello Universe!

First and foremost, I want to apologize for the backup that happened last night in the quest room. While I was thrilled to have so many people come in as soon as it opened, it also contributed to some people having to wait longer than was anticipated. Thus, I switched the quest rooms to being strictly a ride through, rather than allowing you to hop off, in order to allow more people through. However, this led to most people not being able to experience the quest in the way I originally intended for it. Going forward, I will be doing things differently to ensure that these kinds of back ups dont happen again (I will send a post letting you know what is going on there).

That said, I know the obvious answer to feedback for this is "it got all backed up", and while I appreciate any feedback, if you can get a little more in depth on what happened while you were in there, it would be much more helpful to me! However, if there were any other issues that you saw with this quest, please let me know here! I realize that some of the questions were a little more obscure, but wheres the fun in an easy quest talking only about what the story is? ;)

Thank you for any feedback you may give, and more importantly, thank you for coming out to play the quest!

HOST_Thanos

Mad Titan
MyVMK Staff
I loved the beautiful briny event today. I thought it was extremely creative and easy to understand, and it gave everyone a good chance of getting the host prize. Keep up the great work!!
Thank you so much! I wanted to experiment with making different kinds of games, and mixing other types, to keep it interesting for you all! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback :D