How did you find out about MyVMK/OVMK

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I also made this thread on OVMKF, so I'll make it again, because it was pretty good.

The way I found out about OVMK was just one day back in late-ish 2011 I looked up to see if anyone had re-made VMK. And I was so happy to find OVMK. I checked OVMK everyday for sometime, until at one point Nick went to work on another game and I'm like "This is going to take sometime, I can tell". So I didn't check back until about a week after the forums opened, and I signed up!

Then after OVMK closed I'm just looking at Amy's Twitter and saw the link to MMK. So yeah, I guess it was all by chance.

My brother initially found it, but I've heard about it before then. I saw on youtube (I think) about it. One day I was just curious. But I found out about MyVMK very easily, because I was part of OVMK.

bobsbestgame

I searched the VMK tag on tumblr the day after OVMK opened. I was so stoked. Never could get on though, I would just crash every time I logged in. Went back a week later to see if I could try again, and BAM! No more ovmk I was crushed. Idk why but I decided to see if there was a Facebook page (I still don't know why I did it but I did) and someone had said one of the creators (Amy) had made another one! I joined day two, but still had the same problem. I was finally able to log in for the first time on day 5.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I joined Day 1 when myVMK was still "My Mystical Kingdom." Learned about it during openVMK's collapsing D:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
My sister and I were watching Amy's videos on youtube. That's where we found out about oVMK in the comments section (people were spreading the word.) After oVMK, of course I immediately joined MyVMK. :halcyon:

I didn't know about OVMK until a few months ago. I would look up VMK but I never saw anything about it reopening or a new game being made. Then one day I decided to look at the VMK tag on tumblr and I found MsTink's vmk memories blog and that's how I found out about OVMK. Then OVMK shut down and I found MyVMK from her blog again! :whee:

Setsuykie

When Toontown closed, I talked to one of my friend about it and she told me about Toontown Rewritten. They she said she heard about MyVMK but it wouldn't work on her computer. When I was done with finals, I tried it out myself and it worked. I would have never known about it if she hadn't told me.

mark

10 mins late to everything
I found out about ovmk because I saw on my sisters email around 2011 (i think) and saw VMK and I was like o.O it was connected to Facebook and then it said YOUR COUSIN liked this page and it was vmk and then I would scroll on Facebook for the memories, and in the comments I would see rumors about"OpenVMK" after about 10 mins of searching I figured everything out and then later on it closed, and then I heard about MMK and saw... This... Forums.. And thought it was a lie bc the layout (no offense) IS ********. and just joined and boom days later it opened. (Had to make a new account idk I forgot )

ClarityG

I'd heard about OpenVMK, but didn't try to join because I was skeptical that anyone could ever actually remake VMK. Then in early October, my brother told me about MyVMK and that it was up and functional and even had a mini game working (Fireworks, my favorite) so I immediately joined and have had so much fun in MyVMK. Ironically, my brother pretty much never plays MyVMK and I log in almost every day, even though he's the same age as most of you guys and I'm probably about 5-10 years older than the average here.

Back when VMKMagic was a forum like this one, I had written a fanfiction sort of thing about VMK, where a girl in real life got like sucked into her computer and was experiencing VMK firsthand, as if it were real life. People submitted their usernames and pictures of their characters and what they liked to do when VMK was open, and I'd put their characters in the story as the people the girl interacted with. It must've been at least 3 years ago, but I got onto my old google drive at the beginning of December and it had the story on it, so after reading it I felt nostalgic, and I googled VMK. MyVMK was the first thing that came up and I was outrageously excited lol.

kalyee

When Toontown entered its last month, someone I was playing with mentioned OVMK opening and that being an alright replacement until a new Toontown opens, so I started playing. Found MyVMK when it collapsed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A random Google search that directed me to Nick's twitter account. From there, I joined pretty early on in OVMK, and jumped ship as soon as I saw drama come up. Somebody posted a link to the MMK forums and I joined ASAP.

I was just remembering VMK because I missed it so much so I googled it, and looked at a yahoo answers post and someone mentioned MyVMK, so I checked it out. When I logged on, I had a panic attack.. and the rest is history.

iTony

Ohana means family.
When OVMK was first in the works, I was asked if I wanted to join to the staff team and test things out. I joined under the name of HOST_Emerald. I tested a few things but then I went inactive because all it became was a project and nothing new. Because of my inactivity, I was bumped down to CL_Tony. I kept an eye of the forums of OVMK and when I figured it was going somewhere I joined. I stayed through it and I am still here :P

I would provide evidence, but I cannot find it.
When the forums were down and all was left was Nick's Story. There was a picture of him in Emporium and his friend list was open, at the top of the list there was the name of HOST_Emerald. That was me.

All I am saying is this is true and this is where I started, but all I am now is a player and nothing different.

ClarityG

Back when VMKMagic was a forum like this one, I had written a fanfiction sort of thing about VMK, where a girl in real life got like sucked into her computer and was experiencing VMK firsthand, as if it were real life. People submitted their usernames and pictures of their characters and what they liked to do when VMK was open, and I'd put their characters in the story as the people the girl interacted with.
That is such a cool idea!