How did you find out about MyVMK/OVMK

Well first, I searched VMK on google (I think this was shortly after it closed. Maybe a year-ish) because I just wanted to. For memories sake and what not. That's when I saw VMKU, and got excited. Then, it failed and I was sad. But at some point in 2011, I looked up VMK online again, and saw Nick was creating OVMK. I'm pretty sure from then on I checked his twitter every day for updates. I stopped for awhile because he stopped to work on something else I believe. But then I decided to check again, and saw that he had made SIGNIFICANT progress. Later on down the line, OVMK was announced and the hype built for me. Then it opened. 6 days later it closed. Then I saw Amy was making another one, either through chanteh or twitter, I don't remember. But yeah, here I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out about VMK originally through a Disney magazine (those little ones with child-friendly versions of 'Us Weekly' gossip with articles like "Guess what the Jonas Brothers love in a girl" or "You'll never believe where Hillary Duff loves to shop!" Yeah those magazines.) And I forgot about it until the love got refueled when I was hanging out with Christina one day in middle school.
And Christina and I JUST found out about MyVMK which is weird because we were scouring the internet for a recreation like there was no tomorrow so we're just a little late to the game literally ):

I was just thinking about how much I missed VMK and I decided to google the petition to re-open VMK. I typed "open VMK" and the OVMK twitter was the first result. I checked back every so often and I made an account day 1. Then all that stuff happened and I joined this wonderful community!

I'm very proud that this is my 300th post :halcyon:

KrazyKid

*Not actually crazy
I probably found out about OVMK like most people, or at least a very popular way of finding out about it, by every now and then searching for VMK. Then one day I stumbled upon OVMK four or five months before its initial Beta Release, I was really happy because I had finally gotten a "Here From Day 1" pin thing, but then it closed and I sort of just gave up on the whole "VMK returning." But then fast forward to December 1st or so, I got an email from some staff or something of OVMK talking about how there was a new VMK out that was called MyVMK, so I logged on and have been playing since! I wish that I still had the "Here From Day 1" pin, but I'm glad to finally be back on it!

Shrimp

out of the blue i was feeling nostalgic about vmk so i decided to go on the vmk tumblr tag and thats how i found out about myvmk in the middle of december i was so happy :tp:
That's exactly how I found out about OVMK, early in the morning, 2nd day of its opening.

MeganTheCreator

If boys had uteruses they'd be called duderuses
people were talking about it on vfk before the vfk went crazy and decided to ban everyone for talking about anything connected with vmk

I had actually been keeping an eye on oVMK for months. I had often looked up to see if there was any news about VMK.
A couple of friends told me about oVMK. I had my doubts, because it had been attempted before.
I went from oVMK to this.

My sister ran into my room one day and said "VMK IS BACK!" when OVMK was open. So I got to play it for like a day before it closed down again. The night myVMK opened, she called me and told me that Amy reopened the gates to the kingdom.

Chill

How did you find MYVMK?

Just curious how you guys found MYVMK in the first place.

(This is a really general topic so I apologize if there is already a thread about it but some forums have a policy about no "resurrecting" inactive threads and I was too lazy to search it because this tapatalk app is confusing so I just took my chances with creating a new thread. Wow ok well that was longer than I expected it would be)

Here's my story: I was on twitter ranting about how much I miss VMK and some girl (bless her) told me "you know it's back, right? It's called MYVMK." Of course I thought this was too good to be true but when I googled MYVMK and found youtube videos illustrating clear proof that it's real, I almost pooped myself. And well, here I am now (: