HOW TO: Use the original VMKPal with MyVMK

Amy

Head Administrator
It's quite simple actually, the way I use it is even easier but since it involves a modified exe, I can't release it without the permission of the creator of VMKPal.

However, if you want to use VMKPal you can, and you don't need any special knowledge to do it.

First, download VMKPal from http://www.vmkpal.com/Download.aspx

Next, open it.

When you're on the start page (seen above) in there press CTRL + L on your keyboard. This will open a dialog. Type http://game.myvmk.com/pal.php into it and press enter. Then, enter your username and password for MyVMK as you would normally.

There you go, MyVMK will then be loading on the original VMKPal! Of course, you can't use it to manage your accounts, but everything else works fine! If you're using Windows 8 the magnifier feature doesn't work, but everything else should.

EDIT: I should probably point out Geggy pointed out the CTRL + L thing to me, so thanks to them for that. Secondly, the VMK is open/closed timer is obviously wrong! :)

Exodus

I think this is great, but this defeats the purpose of MyVMK Pal, and all the work the developers have put into it will basically go to waste.
It absolutely does not. I personally find it uneasy to use a player created third-party program to login onto MyVMK. And using MyVMK through VMKPal has been around since the beginning, Amy just hadn't made it a formal announcement on how-to.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I think this is great, but this defeats the purpose of MyVMK Pal, and all the work the developers have put into it will basically go to waste.
This in no way defeats the purpose of myVMKPal.

MyVMKPal has features that the original pal doesnt have. like auto logins for example. and on top of that, it's still being actively developed. VMKPal has ceased development a while before vmk even closed.

Think of this little fix as nothing but a way to use an old program. Not everything will work as it did back in the day, but the core feature will. The program that is being actively developed will offer a wider range of support and functionality, this is a given. So therefore MyVMKPal's development is not all lost since the main feature we pride ourselves in having no longer works in VMKPal.

Last edited:

brainfreeze

The one and only...
Does this still work? I might be doing something wrong, cause it's not working for me. When I am at the main screen, I have to hold mouse button and drag screen in order to see the Login section. I enter my name/password and then I have to drag screen again in order to use the "Click here to enter the game" link, but that will just open up another window with the main page and will no longer be in the VMKPal window.

I do like MyVMKPal, but I can't open a second player at the same time without getting this "Unhandled exception has occurred" error. When I click continue, it happens again over and over.

Liranda

Does this still work? I might be doing something wrong, cause it's not working for me. When I am at the main screen, I have to hold mouse button and drag screen in order to see the Login section. I enter my name/password and then I have to drag screen again in order to use the "Click here to enter the game" link, but that will just open up another window with the main page and will no longer be in the VMKPal window.
This is also happening to me.

extinctjenn

So, in order to get around an issue I'm having in-game I decided to try this. My issue is this, when I do this, it takes me to the page but I can't see the entire thing, thus can't get to the right panel to type in my username and password. Anyone have a way to do that?

So does this not work for windows 8?

----------

Im having the same problem jenn.. I cant see the log in part to log in... i noticed that IE does this to me too so i usually use chrome.. i think vmk pal must use IE automatically