I can't get into the game...

extinctjenn

I've spent the last 3 hours this morning trying to troubleshoot this and I'm at a loss. Whenever I launch the game, the black Shockwave screen comes up, loads and then I see a white screen for half a second that says something like "You have been disconnected from VMK" and it redirects me to the main site. This just started this morning and it's happening in both Firefox and Chrome.

I thought maybe it was something funky with Shockwave so I've gone through the insanity of removing both of my browsers, removing shockwave, reinstalling it all, one at a time, in reverse order... you name it, nada!

Help!??

----------

It can't just be coincidence that 15 minutes after posting this I can suddenly get in (after trying every 2 minutes since). Right? Was there an account issue maybe?

----------

Well, quick as it worked it's back to not so... *cry*

extinctjenn

:) Yes, that was done as part of the 3-hours of troubleshooting (including as part of removing and reinstalling each of my browsers). Unfortunately no help.

----------

Well, as an update... I've now removed and completely reinstalled Firefox, Chrome and IE. I've removed and reinstalled Shockwave. It still comes up with the black Shockwave loader and then once the status bar completes, flashes to a white screen that says "You have been disconnected from MyVMK" that quickly then redirects to the main site. I'm thinking being that I've tried 3 browsers and have killed and reinstalled Shockwave, I've done all I can do to be sure it isn't on my end. It's almost as if when it goes to pass my credentials into the game something kicks me out. Not sure why.

Jasmine

Are you downloading the full version of shockwave from here? If you already have it, then I would suggest you downgrade to Shockwave 11.

extinctjenn

Are you downloading the full version of shockwave from here? If you already have it, then I would suggest you downgrade to Shockwave 11.
Yep I am using the full download and unfortunately, downgrading also did not help.

I completely wiped out Shockwave from the machine, including making sure it's entry in Windows\SysWOW64 was gone, and installed the full version of Shockwave 11. I turned off the automatic update service on Shockwave just to be sure as well. I launch MyVMK, the black Shockwave window comes up, the status bar fills a couple times, then bam white screen flashes saying I've been disconnected and it redirects back to the main page.

I will say this, after a clean installation of Shockwave, when I launch MyVMK for the very first time, it pops up as if it's installing something before going to the black screen. The pop-up says it's a component for Shockwave 10.4? After I ok it making changes, it gives me the typical "do you want to install Chrome too?" window and in the background has switched to the black Shockwave status bar screen.

I am so frustrated. :(

iamabigdisfan

Don't know if your using a desktop or laptop, but maybe you can bring it to someone who will be able to find the problem or have someone you know come to you.
Sorry this is happening to you. Hope you get back in game soon!!!!

Fotogirl

I am having the same exact problem. I normally use Firefox. Everything was fine last night. This morning I go to sign in .. I get the shockwave loading screen, it wants to go to the next screen but I end up back at the sign in page. I thought maybe there was an auto update on my computer over night so I did a system restore back to Wednesday when it was working fine and I still get the same thing. Not sure what is going on or what changed since last night but I cannot sign in.

Jasmine

Yep I am using the full download and unfortunately, downgrading also did not help.

I completely wiped out Shockwave from the machine, including making sure it's entry in Windows\SysWOW64 was gone, and installed the full version of Shockwave 11. I turned off the automatic update service on Shockwave just to be sure as well. I launch MyVMK, the black Shockwave window comes up, the status bar fills a couple times, then bam white screen flashes saying I've been disconnected and it redirects back to the main page.

I will say this, after a clean installation of Shockwave, when I launch MyVMK for the very first time, it pops up as if it's installing something before going to the black screen. The pop-up says it's a component for Shockwave 10.4? After I ok it making changes, it gives me the typical "do you want to install Chrome too?" window and in the background has switched to the black Shockwave status bar screen.

I am so frustrated. :(
What happens on Firefox? It usually doesn't give you a popup like that.

extinctjenn

What happens on Firefox? It usually doesn't give you a popup like that.
I'm actually using firefox and like the above poster this just suddenly started yesterday (after some updates installed). Now that said however, I also tried Chrome and Internet Explorer and experience the same thing.

extinctjenn

I am having the same exact problem. I normally use Firefox. Everything was fine last night. This morning I go to sign in .. I get the shockwave loading screen, it wants to go to the next screen but I end up back at the sign in page. I thought maybe there was an auto update on my computer over night so I did a system restore back to Wednesday when it was working fine and I still get the same thing. Not sure what is going on or what changed since last night but I cannot sign in.
Well I just did a system restore to when a critical update installed the evening of 05/14 and tried again... no joy. :(

I'll try IE as per your last post... again... LOL

----------

Nope... IE is still a negative.
This is so unbelievably frustrating.

I've spent the last 3 hours this morning trying to troubleshoot this and I'm at a loss. Whenever I launch the game, the black Shockwave screen comes up, loads and then I see a white screen for half a second that says something like "You have been disconnected from VMK" and it redirects me to the main site. This just started this morning and it's happening in both Firefox and Chrome.

I thought maybe it was something funky with Shockwave so I've gone through the insanity of removing both of my browsers, removing shockwave, reinstalling it all, one at a time, in reverse order... you name it, nada!

Help!??

----------

It can't just be coincidence that 15 minutes after posting this I can suddenly get in (after trying every 2 minutes since). Right? Was there an account issue maybe?

----------

Well, quick as it worked it's back to not so... *cry*
Is this chrome? Because I've had the same problem too.

extinctjenn

Is this chrome? Because I've had the same problem too.
Chrome, Firefox and IE (as mentioned in a few other posts here :))

PS - Still happening. Really not happy. Missing Dreams month.... seriously not good timing. The way it's acting I just can't help but think it's something oddly account related... being that it's happening in every browser.[DOUBLEPOST=1400514175][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok... big update here... I just tried on two other COMPUTERS and the same thing is happening. I'd say that clearly says it's an account issue. I sent an e-mail last week when this started to try to have someone look into it but no response. Anyone know how I can get someone's attention to check on this for me? :(

Jasmine

No, trust me, it's definitely a Shockwave issue. I was one of the first people to have it when the issue appeared back in September.

The only way I was able to fix it was to downgrade Shockwave (I know you already tried this, but you mentioned removing Shockwave 12 first - I don't recall doing this when I downgraded. I suppose it's worth a try?) Other than that, I really don't have any more suggestions, but definitely keep trying... Shockwave's just iffy like that. :/

extinctjenn

No, trust me, it's definitely a Shockwave issue. I was one of the first people to have it when the issue appeared back in September.

The only way I was able to fix it was to downgrade Shockwave (I know you already tried this, but you mentioned removing Shockwave 12 first - I don't recall doing this when I downgraded. I suppose it's worth a try?) Other than that, I really don't have any more suggestions, but definitely keep trying... Shockwave's just iffy like that. :/
But then why am I seeing it on any computer I log into? One didn't have Shockwave installed and it installed itself when I accessed the game so you'd think it'd have done it correctly right? :(

Jasmine

Those other computers likely have the same issue that your computer is having.

Like I said, Shockwave can be pretty iffy. A lot of people had to restore their computers to a point before they'd ever installed it just to get it working. It's pretty strange. :(

As for installing when you access the game, then it likely didn't install the full version... You should install the full version of Shockwave before even trying to access the game. That's what I've done on my new computers and I haven't had any issues with it. (And if you ever get Shockwave 12 working, I'd suggest you not update when it asks you to. It may work, but eh... it's probably safer not to.)

extinctjenn

As for installing when you access the game, then it likely didn't install the full version... You should install the full version of Shockwave before even trying to access the game. That's what I've done on my new computers and I haven't had any issues with it. (And if you ever get Shockwave 12 working, I'd suggest you not update when it asks you to. It may work, but eh... it's probably safer not to.)
Yeah I wish that was the issue but I've downloaded the full version each time and not the slim. I removed all things Shockwave today, installed the newest (full stand alone) and nothing. Then I installed 11 (full stand alone) and still nothing. What doesn't make sense is, the night before this started I was on the exact same version of Shockwave that I was the following morning when it was no longer working. Nothing happened in between my logging off and logging on. My laptop was off and I'm very finicky about what is allowed to run in the background. I looked at my logs to be sure in fact and nope nada. It just doesn't make sense.

extinctjenn

I completely removed all things Shockwave again today including cleaning the registry of all things Shockwave. Rebooted. Installed the full version. Rebooted. Launched VMK. Here is what happens:

1) It pops up with the white Shockwave screen that says it's installing compatibility components.
2) I get a pop-up asking if I will allow Shockwave 10.4 to make changes to my computer (yes 10.4 - and note the newest version of 12 is installed).
3) I say yes and there is some activity and then the typical pop-up asking if I want to install Chrome too (note I already said no to this when I ran the full 12 installer)
4) There is some activity, the black shockwave load screen pops up, I see a white screen that says "You have been disconnected from MyVMK" and it redirects to the main page

I know this is a free game but is there not anyone out there that can offer some support? Every other Shockwave game I go to in order to test to be sure it's not Shockwave itself is running fine. It's only MyVMK that will not load. :([DOUBLEPOST=1400679906][/DOUBLEPOST]One more update for this morning:

1) Uninstalled Shockwave
2) Rebooted
3) Removed all things SW from Registry
4) Rebooted
5) Deleted my FireFox profile
6) Installed Shockwave 12 full
7) Launched VMK from my new blank Firefox profile
8) White screen installing compatibility components comes up (this time no 10.4 confirmation screen though)
9) Chrome install question comes up - I say no
10) Black shockwave load screen
11) White screen with "You've been disconnected from MyVMK" again

There's nothing more I can seem to do. I can try once more to "downgrade" and see what happens but I guess I'm just no longer going to get to play MyVMK. It's the only game not working, it's not working on any computer, it's not working in any browser, I guess I'm done. :(

Last edited: