i feel like captain America is useless

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
i literally thought i was the only one who felt this way... he is my least favorite just for this reason

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
you could say the same thing about Batman, he just has strength...
but he's amazing.
CA is amazing too. and he's hot. lol

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
My brother is a die-hard Captain America fan - so much so he has his wife, his step-sons, and his daughter ga-ga over it. But honestly the only reason I watched that movie is because I loved that era and Chris Evans is a hunk of Hershey's chocolate.

But let's be honest, Captain America isn't really anything more than an exceptionally strong and skilled soldier. I think even Black Widow can do more than him and she's just a well trained agent. He was just flat in the Avengers, and I'm not even that excited for Winter Soldier. Sorry Captain, I love you, but you're kinda boring too. :giggle:

See Winter Soldier. It bests all of the Iron Man movies as well as the first Captain America with ease. I haven't seen either of the Thor movies yet, but I've heard bad things about the first one at least. So this is quite possibly the best non-Avengers MCU movie.

Captain America is awesome, and the movie does a much better job at expressing that than I can.

To me Captain America is what we can all hope to be, he's not motivated by guilt or revenge, like many other heroes are. He does what he does because it's simply the right thing to do. And there are only a few super heroes who actually do that. Batman does it for revenge, Thor for glory, Spiderman out of guilt.
All in all, I think Captain America kicks butt.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Captain America is my favorite for numerous reasons. I think that out of all the Avengers, he's the wisest and most reliable. He's always willing to put others before himself and doesn't indulge in unnecessary drama, both of both of which are necessary in a team (especially teams that include the cocky Iron Man lol). That's why he's my favorite Avenger. Plus, both of his films have been outstanding and my head is still trying to wrap itself around the sequel xD NO SPOILERS but if you haven't already seen it, definitely go!

See Winter Soldier. It bests all of the Iron Man movies as well as the first Captain America with ease. I haven't seen either of the Thor movies yet, but I've heard bad things about the first one at least. So this is quite possibly the best non-Avengers MCU movie.

Captain America is awesome, and the movie does a much better job at expressing that than I can.
I agree 100%.

Chekov

Chief Navigator
I will not disregard your opinion, as you are allowed to have it.

Personally, Steve Rogers is my favorite character in the entire Marvel universe, cinematic and the comics.

(Note how I did not say "Captain America.")

I'll just list a few reasons as to why Steve is my favorite.
  1. Despite being small and sickly, Steve still tries to be the bigger guy and stick up for his beliefs. Example: In Captain America: The First Avenger, when the rude movie-goer is loudly complaining about how the movie hasn't started, Steve tells the man to basically shut up, because other people are trying to watch the movie. This leads to him being beat up in a back alley, but Steve takes the beating and tells the guy that he could "do this all day."
  2. The reason he signed up for the war was to stop a bully (Hitler), not to kill people, or be a hero.
  3. After the serum, he does not become arrogant or cocky or anything like that. He's still himself, just taller and buffer and healthier.
  4. He's the only other known character apart from Thor himself who is worthy enough to lift Mjölnir.
  5. In the Civil War comics, Steve joins the insurgent side, only because he believes it is a hero's right to unmask themselves and identify themselves. He knows that if someone's identity is known, that they and their family suffer from it. (Remember the Spider-Man movies with Tobey Maguire? And how Aunt May almost died because the villain knew that Peter Parker was Spider-Man?)
  6. Yes, he's a good soldier, and that's a strong characteristic. He's a wonderful leader and can and has planned strategies to fight the bad guys and keep the public safe.
  7. Steve is an art student, something I care about deeply, considering I am an art student myself.
  8. His weapon of choice is a shield, a tool used to protect, not injure. That's pretty admirable, don't you think?

I deleted most of my word vomit, tbh, because I realized that probably no one really wants to listen to me ramble about a fictional character.

I'm not trying to persuade you or anything. Just adding my two cents to the conversation c:

ALSO yes do see Captain America: The Winter Soldier! Even if you're not a fan of Cap, other characters are fantastic too! (Black Widow, the Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, The Winter Soldier.)

Chill

Useless? That's an interesting word choice.

I like Captain America because of the circumstances in which he was created. He was created in around 1940 - World War II. Just let that sink in a little bit. I'm pretty sure he was created as a source of strength and motivation for Americans during such a tough time. That's kinda moving to me.

But strictly talking about his ability in combat, according to Wikipedia, these are his abilities:

Wikipedia said:
Olympics-level athleticism, and peak human physiological conditioning
Master martial artist, agility expert, tactician, and marksman
Wields vibranium-steel alloy shield
Excellent field commander
Like said above, what makes batman for instance, any more capable than him? Haha.

i don't really like durability and enhanced reflexes as a super power but that being said, i enjoy captain america movies