"Ignoring" people.

Hi, so I realized that when you "ignore" someone on the forums you still get private messages from them. It'd be nice if we could block someone out completely from contacting us on here, just sayin. We don't all like each other and I'd rather not see certain messages.

Am I missing something, like, is there a way to opt out of all notifications from certain people? If not, this is a major suggestion from me and I would appreciate it if this could be taken into consideration for drama-free purposes. Thanks.

^Haha, not really, more like "are you sure you want to block this person and never deal with them again?" ;p we need a button that does that here.

Jasmine

Really? o_o
If the PM was new (it was sent after you ignored the user), then I think you might have experienced a bug. If the PM was old (the person replied to an old PM and you saw the reply), then that's just how the Xenforo developers have designed the ignore system (at least that's how it used to be). But you're definitely not supposed to see new PMs (unless they changed the feature, but that wouldn't really make sense).

Really? o_o
If the PM was new (it was sent after you ignored the user), then I think you might have experienced a bug. If the PM was old (the person replied to an old PM and you saw the reply), then that's just how the Xenforo developers have designed the ignore system (at least that's how it used to be). But you're definitely not supposed to see new PMs (unless they changed the feature, but that wouldn't really make sense).
Yeah, I've been getting new messages! But hey, no worries (: Thanks a lot for letting me know!

Jasmine

Last edited:
You can make it so that only people who follow you can message you. That brings up other problems though...

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll probably just use Godric's suggestion if it continues, so no worries! Sorry to bring up the problem, I think as long as no one else is experiencing it it's okay ;3

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll probably just use Godric's suggestion if it continues, so no worries! Sorry to bring up the problem, I think as long as no one else is experiencing it it's okay ;3
Just in case you don't know how to enable that setting, or for anyone else who is wondering, you scroll over your name in the upper right hand corner of the webpage, click on privacy, and click the box enabling the desired setting.

Just in case you don't know how to enable that setting, or for anyone else who is wondering, you scroll over your name in the upper right hand corner of the webpage, click on privacy, and click the box enabling the desired setting.
I didn't know how, thanks for letting me know :3 it actually helps me a lot rn haha.