iOS Support: New MyVMK Client

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nice that you want to try and make this game accessible for everyone from any platform, however I think it would be best to focus on making sure the game is 100% up and running with everything working before attempting to expand to other platforms.

Personally, I don't have a smartphone, but if I did, I expect to be able to access the game 90% like how I would on the pc, however, mobile gaming has some major limits. Everything would be different and there would be limits to its design, coding, and interactivity. For all of that, I do not think iOS would be a good idea.

mark

10 mins late to everything
I would say no, that is because that is too much work on your hands for such little reason! I mean if you think you can do it without being stressed out why not?

I don't really want to see any reason to delay other things such as mini-games for example. I think those should be the main focus, not getting the game to work on apple products.
My thoughts. Do the things that matter first, then if you are able to you could do the iOS.

I agree, if it isn't necessary or top priority, you can always do it later.
Not in this case, doing it later would require massive changes in code.
Oh I see. I've always thought if you could make it just so mini games were playable that would be cool. But I know nothing about coding so I don't even know if that's possible.

I personally think that it would be difficult to play on IOS, ( as you said, the lack of a keyboard), but I think you could accomodate this by maybe making a IOS friendly minigame(or app) that you could play from like the home screen maybe. Then it would give you a code (or automatically) give you the credits you earned, just a thought, although it may be too difficult to do.
This actually sounds like a pretty good idea. Like there can be a minigame on there and you can earn credits on-the-go and if youre not connected to the wifi, you can sync your credits later. Further on, there could be more minigames and prizes.

It sounds like a questionable idea but I don't believe its worth putting all this effort in it, after all like everyone says, we really just are stressing about mini games and if we keep putting it on hold more people will be very angry, bc POTC and HM are one of the reasons people love this game bc its not as long and boring as Fireworks & JC (don't take that offensively please bc we do love those games) also we can interact with people while it takes place, but if we absolutely decide yes to this, I think we should at least get other things finished on the game, also the Music Game too. To me this seems like a bad idea in which cases it might crash more often have more lag and make things slower.

I voted no even though I have iOS. It seems a bit pointless if its gonna take too much time and effort if its not going to be great. Plus, I'd rather not be tempted to be playing MyVMK wherever I am on my phone.

Kirito's idea about the mini game thing seems like it would a better option for iOS but I dont know how difficult it would be.

Miss

I believe that if you decide to do it, I have full faith in you. Having two projects to work on might even ease the stress of working on just one- because whenever you get sick of one, you can flip back and forth. You won't be tied down to just one and lose interest in it because it's all you have to work on. I sense a lot of people are saying no because they are only thinking of minigames, and new releases. If you say it won't slow that down, then people should believe that. We all knew the day we joined that it was going to take time for those games. But then again, I see how it is constantly on everyone's minds. MyVMK has been opened for almost 6 months now and it seems people are getting more and more anxious for everything that people are starting to get rude with their comments on the entire process.
However, if you decide not to do it, I hope it isn't too hard to go back and try to do if you wish to do it in the future. Not doing it also might help with the constant comments on how "things aren't moving forward" even if it does feel that way sometimes.
In the end, no matter the votes, you have the right to the decision. It is a game you recreated. You get the final say.
I personally think it would be lovely for you to do something like this. I see I have an unpopular opinion, but I think it would be neat.

Fruits

I would certainly enjoy iOS Devices be supported since I have an iPhone 5 myself. But I will take one for the team and have to say whatever is easier for you in the long run, so I vote no!

It would be cool for it to work on iOS but I feel that it isn't necessary and it would not be the same at all. Maybe later on you could implement it but I don't see a need to right now until this current one is finished. I just want it to work on Mavericks right now; I just updated my computer a dew days ago and didn't realize MyVMK wouldn't work on it. D:

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I voted no seems to be a lot of work and in the the time you are not working on the current system you could doing something else that you enjoy. Also I do not know how well it would play on the mobiles as I find most of the games I can do on both PC and smartphone suck on the smart phone. It would be really hard to see. Probably not bad on a tablet. But I am sure it would be laggy and most people would stop using it.

Amy

Head Administrator

Fiyero

What's the likelihood that Apple will allow access WebGL on iOS, though? Considering they have it built in, is there any plan to open it?

And if it was allowed access, would the client work seamlessly on iOS devices?

momo3

I vote yes! But since I dont understand what it means to slow the client down, what do all of these naysayers know that I dont? What could be better than playing a version of myvmk on my iphone? I vote yes, and am shocked that people dont want it.

Amy

Head Administrator
What's the likelihood that Apple will allow access WebGL on iOS, though? Considering they have it built in, is there any plan to open it?

And if it was allowed access, would the client work seamlessly on iOS devices?
If they did that (which they won't), it'd work perfectly without me changing anything.

Roxas__

Keyblade Weilder
I vote yes! But since I dont understand what it means to slow the client down, what do all of these naysayers know that I dont? What could be better than playing a version of myvmk on my iphone? I vote yes, and am shocked that people dont want it.
It means that the full release of myVMK 1.0 will be delayed because Amy will also be working on a version of the game that will work on iOS. And as much as I want a version for iOS, I think that it will be easier and faster to do when Amy isn't already working on getting myVMK out of beta >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.