It's Come To My Attention

RyanJ

Hello all, many of you know me as Suave in game or as one of the open transgender individuals on here. As of recent events I've been seeing a lot of transphobic comments... not necessarily directed towards me but regardless isn't appropriate nor should it be allowed. Many of them referring to the creator of this remake and quite frankly it's saddening to see how ignorant people on here can be especially when you find out a good amount of your "friends" on here are the complete opposite of what you thought they were. So here's a mini lesson on transgender people and maybe this will be an awakening for some of you and maybe it'll just be a refresher. But if this in any means comes off as a joke to you then that's really tragic that anyone can be so closeminded to the point they can't acknowledge their faults or wrong doings.
First of all, transgender is where you're biologically born one gender but your mind identifies with an entirely different one. Yes there's some folks that identify as both genders but I'm not going to go into all that so you're more than welcomed to google gender nonconforming/gender fluid people. Transgender falls into a mental disorder and is not something anyone chooses to be just like nobody chooses to be gay, not respecting someone's gender identity or sexuality is just spiteful on your end.
P.s. Referring to people as the opposite of their gender identity doesn't make you cool nor make you better than them because you're "normal". Transgender people fight an everlasting battle both psychically and mentally everyday of their lives, let that sink in. And in case you really aren't impressed then google the average amount of transgender people that are murdered yearly because the number is sickening and the world we live in will never get better if people can't acknowledge their ignorance and learn to spread love rather than base things off fear or prejudice thoughts.

Last edited:
Suave, I'd like to add that the identity that an individual's mind is placed on is based on socially constructed ideas of gender. Doesn't make much of a difference to add that to how you defined, but what I wanted to emphasize is that it is also a huge social problem, whether its for networking and relationships. This I believe is what should be more of a reason as to why we support people all around us.

A boy in my class did a speech once on transgender women of color. He said a person who identifies themselves with the gender their sex is associated with has a possibility of 1/368,000 of getting murdered. While a transgender woman of color has a 1/12 chance... That really breaks my soul apart.

RyanJ

Suave, I'd like to add that the identity that an individual's mind is placed on is based on socially constructed ideas of gender. Doesn't make much of a difference to add that to how you defined, but what I wanted to emphasize is that it is also a huge social problem, whether its for networking and relationships. This I believe is what should be more of a reason as to why we support people all around us.

A boy in my class did a speech once on transgender women of color. He said a person who identifies themselves with the gender their sex is associated with has a possibility of 1/368,000 of getting murdered. While a transgender woman of color has a 1/12 chance... That really breaks my soul apart.
You're entirely correct! I just wanted to keep things short and sweet haha. But yeah it's brutal how much hostility there is to trans people of color. I myself fall under tpoc (puerto rican, portuguese and cape verdean) so I definitely understand the struggle and the lack of privilege we have. My heart goes out to the trans women who are murdered every day especially by those they felt they could trust.

Elle

My coworker prefers to be identified as a male, and sadly, our other coworkers cannot accept it. Every time they say one little thing about him that is offensive, I immediately step in because I can't bear to watch someone humiliate others just because they don't agree with that person's preference or choice(s). My friend is leaving the job soon, and that breaks my heart, because he should not have to go through any of that.

These "friends" that you have that are saying such things that are offensive?? They don't deserve your time, at all.
if I were you, if they try to talk to you with their ignorance, i'd just be like

who are you??

RyanJ

My coworker prefers to be identified as a male, and sadly, our other coworkers cannot accept it. Every time they say one little thing about him that is offensive, I immediately step in because I can't bear to watch someone humiliate others just because they don't agree with that person's preference or choice(s). My friend is leaving the job soon, and that breaks my heart, because he should not have to go through any of that.

These "friends" that you have that are saying such things that are offensive?? They don't deserve your time, at all.
if I were you, if they try to talk to you with their ignorance, i'd just be like

who are you??
That's awful to hear but he should apply to starbucks! They're so lgbt friendly. But yeah definitely not no friends of mine anymore.

I would like to add that both Social Work dictionaries and Psychology literature define "s...x" and "gender" completely differently. It is also maintained that someone's "...orientation" (censoring for forums) is not at all determined by their gender identity. Some people do not realize there is a difference, and I firmly believe even knowing that tidbit of information could help spawn more understanding.
I did and lot of research about the LGBTQ community for a Social Work class in college, and did a poll:
- 42/42 of the people in my class had no idea what any of those terms meant, and 40/42 people said they thought learning more about it would aid in their understanding.
- 40/42 (I guess the 2 others were just really set in their judgement) said that after sitting through my 30 minute presentation, they felt more comfortable with the terms and wanted the same thing that I did... ACCEPTANCE for our fellow human beings!

No, I am not a transgender. I'm just human, and so is everyone else! <3

This is why we should identify people by their chromosomes. Would make everything sooooooooo much simpler. Darn you science! lol