Jedi Training Academy: Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be quite honest, so are we.
I understand that is a sensitive subject, but can you truly be disappointed in something that was created from the inside?

I think its wonderful that you were transparent about wanting to make it black and white, and that you are working towards making that happen. But maybe in the short term, have someone look into any potential issues things could cause and announcing rules, clear cut rules, at the begining.

I can not stress enough that until such a time as a decisicion is made and enforced, its all up in the air. Having players take small digs at those who use them, out of a sense of superiority for not, is not helping the issue. It worsens it.

VMK_Rapunzel

ALRIGHT. So we discussed last night as a group on the best way to go about players being able to win twice. Since it is a game of chance, and we did loop pretty good last time around to where everyone was able to get in at least once, we will be allowing players to enter and go through each level to win a second time. @VMK_Schweetz volunteered to make a third badge. A Jedi who is neither Light nor Dark is considered a Grey Jedi so we now have a Grey Jedi badge.
You will only be able to have one of the three badges. So make sure to choose wisely. The Grey Jedi badge may be blank today, but will show up at a later time!

lanyardpreview.png

If you have already won twice, you will be getting an in-game message (or a forums message) from us to discuss which of the badges you would like to keep. We know this sucks a bit, but we didn't think we'd have players being able to win twice! We do ask, though, if you've won twice... maybe leave some space in the queue for people who would like more of a chance to win. That's up to you guys to work together to make that happen, though.
-----------------------------------------------------
I know this is a bit... Hmm... You know, I'm not sure there's even a word for it other than sucky (?) to be changing things after it's been hosted three times already. But we hadn't originally planned on badges, so we didn't even think of what to do when someone was able to go through (and win) twice. We've kind of been flying by the seat of our pants with it, so for that we apologize. This has been such an involved event, and we hope everyone enjoys it. It's a lot behind the scenes to make sure things run smoothly and that the prizes and things are more than just the HOST prize for the week and are special to this event.

Anyhow, thank you to those who brought this to our attention either in the thread or in a PM. We hope this solution is one that will work well. If not, we can always go back to the drawing board.​

Last edited:
ALRIGHT. So we discussed last night as a group on the best way to go about players being able to win twice. Since it is a game of chance, and we did loop pretty good last time around to where everyone was able to get in at least once, we will be allowing players to enter and go through each level to win a second time. @VMK_Schweetz volunteered to make a third badge. A Jedi who is neither Light nor Dark is considered a Grey Jedi so we now have a Grey Jedi badge.
You will only be able to have one of the three badges. So make sure to choose wisely.

View attachment 11978

If you have already won twice, you will be getting an in-game message (or a forums message) from us to discuss which of the badges you would like to keep. We know this sucks a bit, but we didn't think we'd have players being able to win twice! We do ask, though, if you've won twice... maybe leave some space in the queue for people who would like more of a chance to win. That's up to you guys to work together to make that happen, though.
I know this is a bit... Hmm... You know, I'm not sure there's even a word for it other than sucky (?) to be changing things after it's been hosted three times already. But we hadn't originally planned on badges, so we didn't even think of what to do when someone was able to go through (and win) twice. We've kind of been flying by the seat of our pants with it, so for that we apologize. This has been such an involved event, and we hope everyone enjoys it. It's a lot behind the scenes to make sure things run smoothly and that the prizes and things are more than just the HOST prize for the week and are special to this event.

Anyhow, thank you to those who brought this to our attention either in the thread or in a PM. We hope this solution is one that will work well. If not, we can always go back to the drawing board.​
You will only be able to have one of the three badges. So make sure to choose wisely.

View attachment 11978

I love it!!! Thank you @VMK_Schweetz it looks great! I am super pumped that you added in an option, as it did seem kinda odd to have both badges, but I am super excited to hopefully hit grey jedi status! I also love that it give a nice third option for beating the game twice! Thank you guys! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1519152842][/DOUBLEPOST]@VMK_Rapunzel , just for clarification purposes, when you win, ideally you have to choose both sides once in order to be considered a grey jedi?

Last edited:

VMK_Rapunzel

@VMK_Rapunzel , just for clarification purposes, when you win, ideally you have to choose both sides once in order to be considered a grey jedi?
Hi there! Sorry, I should've specified! The best way I can explain is with an example. Say that I got through and picked Jedi the first time the event was held. Then, today I make it to level 5 and want to pick Sith. Instead of having both the Jedi and Sith, I can pick the Grey Jedi. So in order to have the Grey Jedi badge, you will have to have already won once before and have either a Sith or Jedi badge. The second time you get to pick a side, you can go to either side and let them know you'd like a Grey Jedi badge. :] You'll be asked by whoever is running the Light/Dark side rooms (if you've already won) which badge you would like!

So yesterday I got to face the Masters for the first time and it was awesome! Before I would just be stuck in the q or mess up in the maze! Thank you for the changes! The music and rooms are so cool and I am excited to see what you bring us in the future! AND to be a Jedi :grin::grin::grin:

Greenie

I LOVE the color GREEN!!!
If you choose the Grey Jedi, does it come with a choice of light sabers as well?
Jedi has blue, green, and purple, while Sith has red and orange. Will Grey Jedi have it's own color(s)?

VMK_Rapunzel

If you choose the Grey Jedi, does it come with a choice of light sabers as well?
Jedi has blue, green, and purple, while Sith has red and orange. Will Grey Jedi have it's own color(s)?
At this time, and being so late in the month, I don't think it would be fair to ask our designers to add an additional magic. (There's... a poop ton of frames that go into them. I feel like I heard 200+ at one point.) They're already working on next month's items!! (The badge was a quick thing that VMK_Schweetz put together that didn't require the frames that a furni/magic/clothing has.) So my best suggestion would be that if you're looking for more than one color, go to both rooms! :] If you went to the light side and got a purple one, head over to the dark side and grab a red one!

Greenie

I LOVE the color GREEN!!!
At this time, and being so late in the month, I don't think it would be fair to ask our designers to add an additional magic. (There's... a poop ton of frames that go into them. I feel like I heard 200+ at one point.) They're already working on next month's items!! (The badge was a quick thing that VMK_Schweetz put together that didn't require the frames that a furni/magic/clothing has.) So my best suggestion would be that if you're looking for more than one color, go to both rooms! :] If you went to the light side and got a purple one, head over to the dark side and grab a red one!
Thank you! I haven't won yet, but I was curious XD so thank you for your response!! =D
Also, from you response I take it that you can only get one Jedi color? Or is it possible to get more than one? =0

VMK_Rapunzel

Thank you! I haven't won yet, but I was curious XD so thank you for your response!! =D
Also, from you response I take it that you can only get one Jedi color? Or is it possible to get more than one? =0
If you win twice, and want to pick light side both times, you're more than welcome to! I don't see any issue with that. (Of course, I don't think it would make you a true Grey Jedi... but.... we'll keep the technicalities to a minimum lol)

VMK_Rapunzel

Just so everyone's in the know... we've wiggled around rooms a little bit. There will now be a Level 5 overflow room. If you are using your Level 4 Completion pin to enter into the last level, you'll be taken straight to the overflow room. Once there, hop on a ride track, and you'll be put in the queue for Level 5. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.