'Killing My Best Friend' Prank

How do you feel about this 'prank'?

• That's a great prank and meant no harm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Recently, Sam Pepper, a popular Youtuber (for both positive and negative reasons) posted a video in which he helps one half of a Vine-duo (Colby) prank his best friend of five years (Sam) by pretending to be killed right in front of him. For those that have not seen the video, I'll link it [LINK REMOVED - please search for this if you are really interested in viewing it]

What are your thoughts about this prank? It's caused a huge spark of controversy since being posted, with petitions rising to bring Sam Pepper off Youtube permanently. Some have found the video disrespectful to their own personal history, seeing as a lot of people in this world have lost a loved one. Some found it funny and told those that were 'overreacting' to 'chill out'. The people involved (Sam Pepper, along with Sam & Colby) argue that their purpose was to show their audience that life is short and we should hold on to our loved ones. They meant no harm and think there was nothing wrong with the prank.

What are your thoughts? As always, be respectful and don't get this thread shut down because that would blow.

EDIT: The name of the video is KILLING BEST FRIEND PRANK | Ft. Sam & Colby | Sam Pepper

Last edited:

Neda

That's so traumatizing.. how is that a prank?

I don't understand that guy at all. He's always doing "pranks" and every time he gets criticized for them he comes out with something telling everyone that there's a deeper meaning behind the prank and he's just trying to get that message out there.

Another Youtube "famous" guy who also does pranks had a video not too long ago where he pretended his son blew up in a 4-wheeler or something along the lines of that. I just don't get it, people will do anything for views/attention and it's disgusting.

Kelsey

ya this is definitely not ok and not funny in the slightest bit because taking a human life shouldn't be considered a joke : (

Nokuto

I honestly don't get why Sam Pepper tries anymore. His friend, the one in the video had sent out a statement saying that this wasn't meant to be taken in a funny way (which is stupid because they called it a prank) and he explained that this video was to show how close their bond of friendship was. At this point I'm wondering how sick and twisted these people need to be to actually consider this an okay test of friendship. I sure wouldn't be okay if my friends did this to me and explained that it was all just to see how "close knit" we were. he's sick and needs to be taken off the internet I honestly don't get how he still has fans after the last stunt he pulled.

Neda

I read through the comments of that video and one said, "What's next a school shooting prank" and someone replied that that was already a "prank" done by someone and I watched a bit of that and basically the guy went up to people asking where he could "shoot" people on campus and then pulled out a camera after they freaked out and he said "I meant with my camera" and then he ran up to a guy in the video and said "I'm going to shoot you!" but again pulled out the camera. :/

These "prank" channels seriously take it way too far.

I read through the comments of that video and one said, "What's next a school shooting prank" and someone replied that that was already a "prank" done by someone and I watched a bit of that and basically the guy went up to people asking where he could "shoot" people on campus and then pulled out a camera after they freaked out and he said "I meant with my camera" and then he ran up to a guy in the video and said "I'm going to shoot you!" but again pulled out the camera. :/

These "prank" channels seriously take it way too far.
anything for views amirite :)

aliceblue

Didn't bother looking it up it as the description is enough.

They meant no harm? As if that magically absolves them of all responsibility. It's amazing the justifications people come up with for being cruel and manipulative. I bet these guys used to take lunch money from little kids and hide it "so they would learn the value of a dollar". What's next, "pretending" to threaten someone's life so they'll appreciate living more?

Out of all the things you could do as a prank, this is what they resorted to. That would have been so traumatic to go through. Someone's suffering shouldn't be hung up for the world to be entertained by. Even if the guy seemed fine afterwards, I can't imagine the underlying effects it had on him.
Did they not just see the recent shootings on the news? Heck one happened yesterday. This is a very really circumstance to many people, and shouldn't be taken as a joke. If that's the attitude people have towards gun violence then how is anything suppose to improve?

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The thing about Sam Pepper is...he's trash. He literally makes money off of mentally, sexually, and emotionally harassing strangers, sexually exploiting women, and all around being a flaming pile of whatever is worse than cow manure. Sam Pepper has violated countless YouTube rules and needs to be kicked off the site for good. He's the reason why so many woman/people feel unsafe walking down the street and by continually allowing him to post content and make $$$ off of it, YouTube is supporting him and thus allowing others to think what he's doing is acceptable in our society.

The "Killing my best friend" prank was also incredibly in bad taste considering the mass murders of hundreds of thousands of innocent people this last month. It's also just generally a God awful prank. Like, how is mentally abusing someone and glorifying murder funny? I don't get this new generation of prankers who feel like it's okay to harass people just because the pranker himself thinks its funny. Just scrolling down the list of prank videos on YouTube is sickening and offensive.

@YouTube lace up your big girl boots and get to work on getting content like Sam Pepper's off of YouTibe permanently because this kind of behavior NEEDS TO STOPPED.

Heyvcool1

Recovering from the negative stuff.
Pranks today are no longer pranks, I've seen some videos where someone goes and straight up disrespects someone, and then when they get attacked they say "Chill it is just a prank!" But in all honesty the pranks I am seeing around on youtube I wouldn't even consider pranks. It's all trash

*EDIT* I just couldn't bring myself to even watch the video. This is so disturbing.

Last edited: