Last Day of VMK

This is the sweetest thread I've seen... and the saddest ):

Spent the last day walking all over the kingdom, visiting every single one of my friends. I put on my favorite outfit and traded random people, giving all the rest of my items away. I was in my friend's room for the last half an hour, all of us sharing memories together and talking about what we were going to name ourselves in VFK (it was supposed to be a way of remaining in contact, but it was such a flop of a game that I lost nearly all of my friends- most of them I never even found).

I honestly didn't get a chance to get onto VMK within the last 2 weeks before closing..

Why?
Because I couldn't even log into the game. I was desperately asking help on some forums to get on. I wasn't banned or anything. I cleared the cache, trying other browser, and all but didn't worked at all. :( After keep trying and trying, I just mostly stayed on some forums and seeing pictures that other VMK players had posted as their last moments of VMK. After VMK closed, I just realized that my computer that I have always been playing on to play VMK, was old and had a technical and hardware issue of the micro-chips inside. Oh well but the last thing I remember that the last time I logged before I had problems logging in, I traded 1 of my Inferno Magics for dream ears, cowboy pants, and a bunch of other items.

Well that's my story.

~Spooky

ClaireMarie

disney pin trader since 2004
my dad wouldn't let me stay up all night to be on the last minutes (being young and all) so i went to say goodbye to all of my friends individually and then proceeded to log off and cry. every day after that i visited vmk's website until the link just stopped working.

Andrew

Just curious what everyone did the final day VMK was open.

I wasn't on for very long because I was busy doing other things (and I was younger at the time so I couldn't stay up past like ten o'clock or whatever). I do remember hanging out with some friends for a bit though and reminiscing about VMK.

Cat

Yeah my mom wouldn't let me stay up until it closed for good either, stupid bed times. I just walked around, grieved, talked to friends, said my goodbyes and logged out an hour or two before it closed.

It's okay because now I have no bed time and myvmk has no closing time :seesaw:

I was mostly up, roaming around, and lastly I was with my friend AdventureLila with a lot of lag to it.

Andrew

Yeah my mom wouldn't let me stay up until it closed for good either, stupid bed times. I just walked around, grieved, talked to friends, said my goodbyes and logged out an hour or two before it closed.

It's okay because now I have no bed time and myvmk has no closing time :seesaw:
Same. I had a bedtime which was why I couldn't stay until it officially closed. It sucked but like you (and most others now I assume) I have no bedtime so I can stay up and play MyVMK or do whatever on the internet.

AlphaTheEdge

I logged in during the day.. Couldn't bear to be on when it officially closed. But I hung out in my favorite room, the castle forecourt. The music was happy, and yet sad at the same time. But I took a screenshot, saved it, and that was it... So many feels

iTony

Ohana means family.
I remember my friend gave me like 20,000 credits so I could finally own a Kiosk. It was all I ever wanted. I quickly bought it and made a random last day quest that people came. Then I was kicked off the computer because my sister had to use it and when I finished, I realized that I made an error in the quest, so I don't think people got prizes, oops. Then I cried for the rest of the day... (I think).

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I didn't go on. It was too depressing, and I had already lost my main account due to inactivity.