Longer Events

Most of the time when there is a time extension on the events it only lets another 10-15 people in anyway. Im a bit more of an afk player, im logged in but normally doing other things on my computer as well as playing myvmk. This means that im usually 2-3 minutes late in getting into the queues cause Im not fully concentrated on myvmk. I usually end up 100-150 in the queue and I know there is no chance of me getting in so end up leaving it. It seems if u want to be getting into events now days you literally have to be spam refreshing the room list to be one of the first 30-40 out of the 150. If u dont make it, u dont get in. Its no longer a queue system and more of a who can refresh and click enter the fastest. I do welcome the huge amount of people back though. Its nice to have more people on during the day. We just need to have these events adjusted to suit :)

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
Also, sidenote - is it just a problem only I am experiencing or has this been a common issue:
The option to get the MyVMK Pass to still be in the queue but do things outside of it with your character seems to not function correctly?
That sort of issue for me also puts a damper into trying to participate in the HOST/STAFF Events, but not sure if this has been a constant issue for other people as well or just for me. I use to play a lot back when the game first opened in 2014, but have been absent since and just returned maybe a few weeks ago? I apologize if my problem has been a repeat of the past, but I figured I'd share it on this thread too while we were discussing Event situations.

Also, sidenote - is it just a problem only I am experiencing or has this been a common issue:
The option to get the MyVMK Pass to still be in the queue but do things outside of it with your character seems to not function correctly?
That sort of issue for me also puts a damper into trying to participate in the HOST/STAFF Events, but not sure if this has been a constant issue for other people as well or just for me. I use to play a lot back when the game first opened in 2014, but have been absent since and just returned maybe a few weeks ago? I apologize if my problem has been a repeat of the past, but I figured I'd share it on this thread too while we were discussing Event situations.
That's always been an issue. I've learned that if you relog a few minutes before an event, you're less likely to get that MyVMK Pass glitch!

The drawing in your signature is SO cute. Did you do it yourself? Id adore one.

alice-darling

Probably Smells Like Avocados
That's always been an issue. I've learned that if you relog a few minutes before an event, you're less likely to get that MyVMK Pass glitch!
You're a doll, thank you so much for the suggestion, I greatly appreciate it! Also glad to know that it wasn't just me experiencing this issue! Hopefully that gets fixed in the future.

The drawing in your signature is SO cute. Did you do it yourself? Id adore one.
\

Aww, thank you love! I sure did, and I'd love to create one for you!! <3 Send me a message, anytime!

riddleguy

I feel like if i dont get on right when the event starts....then i cant participate . Especially now with the increased users in-game. Before i could come late and at least get in if i was willing to wait. Maybe there could be some sort of secondary event in the public spaces to counter this. There could be a whole set of them and one is run at random.

Here are 2 potential secondary events
-Staff Hunt- A staff member goes to a room and gives us a clue to what room he/she is in. After the time limit is up, staff gives a host prize to a random user in room.
-Dice roll-A staff member challenges random users to roll higher or lower then them.

VMK_Schweetz

Game Administrator
Game Administrator
MyVMK Designer
MyVMK Staff
Let me just start off by saying thank you all for the feedback that you have given us on this issue! It was very helpful when we were discussing the matter at our meeting on Sunday during the evening. A lot of ideas were thrown around and it was very hard for us to decide what the best way to go was. After discussing the issue of HOST events not looping or letting very many guests in while also taking in the feedback on this post, we as a staff have decided that the following will be the best option for the time being:

For the rest of October, we will keep the process that has been being carried out already. If a HOST does have a loop occur during an event within the time period that the event was scheduled, the event will not be extended. If a HOST does not have a loop happen during an event within the time period that the event was scheduled, the event will be extended until either it loops or the time of the event has reached 1 hour and 30 minutes.

For November, we will put into place a new system for HOST events. Morning events, events that are scheduled before 2 P.M., will be held for 1 hour and Afternoon/Evening events, events that are scheduled after 2 P.M., will be held for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

The scheduled extension of events will be run as a trial throughout the month of November. We hope that these adjustments will help to provide all of our guests with an improved/equal chance of getting into the HOST events they are able to attend and possibly win the weekly HOST prizes we have to offer. Should the changes in event times prove to be ineffective, other options will be explored, meaning the event times may be adjusted further. We will be continuing to think of new and improved ways at making HOST events more enjoyable for our guests in the future, and encourage any and all feedback to be shared with us.