Mickey Ears in the Catalogue Mk II

How long should black Mickey ears be in the catalogue for?

• A day

Votes: 21 7.0%
  • Three days

Votes: 85 28.3%
  • A week

Votes: 58 19.3%
  • A month

Votes: 27 9.0%
  • Three months

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Six months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A year

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • On special occasions

Votes: 61 20.3%
  • Once per week

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Forever

Votes: 39 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say a week because i know on OVMK it was really hard to log on because there was so many people! i couldnt get on until like the fourth day of trying

Tyler

Pin Collector
I think 3 days would be perfect. It would give people a chance to get them, but it would also make them rare later on after being retired for a while.

I think 3 days + special occasions is perfect. I said three days. A better type/color of mickey ears could be in the shop "forever", but I don't think that should be the case with the black ones.

Shrimp

I'm iffy on this. If we're going to have it available one time only I'd want it available 3-7 days for everyone who finds out late. However, it'd be nice to have it back on sale during rare occasions like the first anniversary. I wouldn't want it out forever as I want it have some value.

neverlander

I think they should be released the first few days (or week) of open beta just to give everyone a little something, then also released later on in the game somehow after beta. Just so they're not super duper rare later on.
I agree with this 100%.

Crazii

It kind of depends on whether the games (or at least one game) will be open when the items come out instead of having to do what we did in the week or so of OVMK. It was difficult being able to buy stuff just by using the NPC's. I think it caused a lot of unneeded chaos.

Boatguy

I read a thread and don't remember who wrote it, but I agree with it. Basically the person indicated in the real Disney parks you can always get a black mickey ears hat and even get it engraved with your name. They are not rare at all. Just like in the parks, maybe we should see them available all the time, maybe even as a hat given out at registration, or a purchase at any time. Originally I felt they should be a beta rare item available for only a few days, but have since changed my mind.
Regarding all these polls, I realize Amy didn't play the original game, and maybe this is why she is asking so many questions in these polls, but rather than putting up bunch of polls wouldn't it be better to just ask a few key players that really knew the ins and outs of the game what was rare, how the rare items were sold or given out, and just duplicate what we had.
I may be wrong, but it seems obvious to me by everyone's votes that we all want the game to be exactly the same as it was. I know that is not totally possible since some rare items were codes on cards, on cereal boxes, in movie ads, etc, but maybe only those items should be on polls to decide their fate.

I voted a bit longer than most. The reason: when this game launches, everybody will start out with very few credits and there will be a lot of items that everybody would like. If everything is released temporarily in the beginning for a short time, it will be impossible to obtain more than one of those items unless people start making mules. The logic reaction would be for people to spend their money wisely, but I don't think it will go down that way. If items are available for a while longer, people will have an opportunity to gain the items fairly.

Myth

i agree with you, but also you need to remember that mvmk's rares are going to be designed to be different from vmk's rares. so just because black were less common on vmk, doesnt mean they deserve to be less common on mvmk; you know?

My favorite ears are the green ones. Also liked cyan and dream

i agree with you, but also you need to remember that mvmk's rares are going to be designed to be different from vmk's rares. so just because black were less common on vmk, doesnt mean they deserve to be less common on mvmk; you know?

My favorite ears are the green ones. Also liked cyan and dream
All the nice things on VMK were rare. There's not much you can change around, unless you want to make HSM clothes rare... lol

Geggy

3 days is reasonable.
If they return during special occasions then people wont value them as much if they know they could return in the future sometime.
Well, I think if they come back again, it would be a good thing either way. I'm not worried about how they are valued as the in-game economy will take care of itself if allowed to.

I think black ears should be available to everyone at some point, maybe for the first few days then rereleased for different occasions. The other color ears should be more limited, just like how it is at the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.