MyVMK Christmas Poem or Short Story Contest - Voting

Which poem/short story was your favorite?

• A

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • B

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • C

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • D

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • E

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • F

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • G

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • H

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

There were several excellent writing pieces submitted by our members! Since there were only a few entries, all contest participants are in the poll!
~~~
Now, it is time to vote for your favorite poem or short story. Voting will be closed on December 30, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST. We will announce the top three winners on December 31, 2014.
~~~
We ask that you do not advertise your poem or short story in order to get votes. Your poem or short story should remain anonymous until voting is over. If you are found breaking this rule, your entry will be disqualified.
~~~
Each writing piece is in a spoiler and labeled with a letter (A, B, C, ETC.); they are in no particular order. Please vote for the corresponding letter of your favorite poem or short story in the poll above.
~~~
1st The first place winner will receive an in-game code for 30,000 credits!
2nd The second place winner will receive an in-game code for 20,000 credits!
3rd The third place winner will receive an in-game code for 10,000 credits!

Wishing good luck to everyone who participated!

A.
Wake up from a nap, 11:55 P.M., gotta check VMK
After all, it's 12 days of christmas... feels like my birthday
Loading updated newsletter knowing that today is the day
Wait a minute, 12 days AND it's Friday?
Let me thank and pray.
After waiting 2 hours, we're all like "oh no, there's a delay."
No fear, a message pops up, there's a quest, hurray!
Trying to find Elsa's trail, and it's gonna take all day
We're all wondering how on Earth she ended up on myVMK anyway
End up in the banquet hall, questioning if we're on the right aisleway
Enter Splash Mountain, and it's definitely not the right way.
Hide'N'Seek forest aka every quester's new nightmare hideaway.
By question 16, we're like "is this even a true pathway?"
Give a second for the struggle of the crowded rooms, no one fled astray
Except Elsa of course, did she really have to be a runaway?
By the time that's finished, I'm at a disarray
Answering Frozen trivia, searching on google with wordplay
Jungle cruisin' down the waterway
Man, all I want is Sven and maybe along with a fancy holiday sleigh?
Hmm, maybe that'll be a part of Friday's giveaway...
Visiting the Yeti, and hallelujah! I'm more than halfway!
Ice Skates and Waving, Elsa chose to come back to Arendelle and stay
I get my Sven, and I'm ready to finally say
That I learned more about Frozen during this quest than I did by watching the movie.
Just kidding, I'm not ending this without rhyming.. thank you VMK staff for this great quest to struggle with and play!
B.
A Christmas Mystery
Esmeralda the Fortuneteller
Met herself a real Christmas feller.
She knew in her heart he must be a pick
Maybe he was even St. Nick!
Maleficent the Dragon was quite a jealous one,
When she saw Esmeralda having so much fun.
But Maleficent knew that he was not for her,
In one big breath, she could burn his fur!
Shrunken Ned was next to meet Esmeralda's latest flame,
But Old Ned was not wanting to participate in this game.
He looked her feller in the eyes and knew he was a fake,
Surely, this wasn't Santa for goodness sake!
Captain Blackheart was next in line
He saw icy footprints which was a sign
That this couple would not work
Cold weather and fur was not a perk.
Gator Waiter served them dinner
And even the Gator knew he wasn't a winner.
Only cold food would he eat
Because he couldn't take the heat.
Esmeralda was so sad
Because her friends' didn't like the lad.
He seemed as nice as he could be
What was it Esmeralda didn't see?
Covered in snow, and jolly was he,
How could her friends say let him be?
Then suddenly as the heat arose
She saw him beginning to decompose!
Alarmed she was, what could she do,
As she watched him turn into a puddle of goo!
Who could this be that melted away,
Why it was Yeti, what can we say!
C.
Christmas Eve in the Cave
The white puffs of snow falling from the wintery sky were undoubtedly giving off some major holiday vibes, but the kingdom was far from being in the spirit of the season. The statue of Mickey and Walt stood in a circle of lights, appearing so festive to an out-of-town observer that one could almost assume nothing was wrong. They would be completely mistaken, however, and every resident of the kingdom knew it. This holiday season wasn’t turning out to be like those of years gone by, with unanimous feelings of joy and merriness. The Christmas decorations around Main Street almost seemed to be a mockery, serving as a sort of negative trickery to make everyone think everything was alright, even though reality said otherwise.
What had begun as a kindhearted gesture led the entirety of MyVMK into a state of worldly emergency. Three of its inhabitants were in extreme danger, and everyone had quickly transitioned into full-on panic mode. [Name Removed] had gotten what she thought was a pretty amazing idea for the gift she wanted to give everyone—those diamonds Injun Joe’s cave were much too pretty to waste. The cave had never been considered a dangerous place. A bit creepy at times, maybe—but never posing a legitimate threat. Regardless, she still didn’t quite feel like going it alone, unknowingly putting both [Name Removed] and [Name Removed] in danger as well.
The trek to the cave began innocently enough, with all three eagerly soaking up the warmth and sunshine in Big Thunder Mountain en route to their destination. It was a nice change from the frigid air and snowflakes filling up all of Main Street, and escaping holiday craziness for a little while was a nice bonus. The Emporium had been packed with people trying to get their last minute gifts bought, and it was impossible to go anywhere without being at least a bit overwhelmed, really.
“Guys, I really am sorry. So, so sorry. This wasn’t worth getting a measly couple of really cool Christmas gifts.” [Name Removed]’s voice cut through the silent tension.
“You know,” [Name Removed] began, “It’s kinda funny that we’re stuck in a stinking mining cave, and yet the reason we can’t get out has nothing to do with, like, mining stuff.” She laughed for a split second, then stopped… most likely realizing how serious the whole situation actually was.
It was true—no mining dangers here. Something much more magical was the culprit, something that could only happen in this kingdom. The dragon had escaped from its dwelling realm in Fantasyland, in search of the mysterious purple potion that pooled up in Injun Joe’s cave. The motivation to obtain this odd substance clearly motivated the creature to become incredibly strong when it needed to be; strong enough to break the heavy chains that were put in place to contain the dragon by the one who possessed the keys to the kingdom so many years ago.
“Well, surely somebody will notice our absence,” [Name Removed] said, her voice full of poorly disguised fear, “And I did tell a few people about my plan.” The dragon had just entered the cave when the three friends arrived, made an incredibly crazy sound that only a dragon could be capable of making, and blocked every possible way out of the cave with walls of fire before flying away.
“The worst thing,” [Name Removed] said, “Is that everyone else is probably in danger as well. No dragon just gets some kind of weird, purple liquid and flies away to mind its own business.”
They sat in silence, the air teeming with fear and tension. This was definitely not your typical, ideal Christmas Eve. The walls of fire hummed, echoing throughout the cave.
“Do you hear that?” [Name Removed] jumped up, moving quickly to one of the walls. “I heard footsteps!”
“It’s probably just in your head, [Name Removed]. Wishful thinking, you know.”
“No, guys, I’m not even joking. Get over here!” She motioned for the two girls to join her, hope lighting up her features.
“[Name Removed]!” The shout came from behind the wall, causing a loud echo.
LadyMagic ran to the wall, trying to peek through the orange flames. It was [Name Removed], she was almost sure of it.
“[Name Removed]?”
“Hey, get away from the wall for a second!” The three girls distanced themselves from the fire wall, watching as [Name Removed] turned into a hurricane of water and destroyed the fire. It wasn’t just him, either—a huge group of their friends stood right behind him.
“[Name Removed] and [Name Removed] spotted the dragon flying above Splash Mountain, and it had this purple stuff all over its mouth. [Name Removed] said that you mentioned going to Injun Joe’s cave, so everyone basically freaked out. It was just one major panic storm everywhere, honestly. “ [Name Removed]’s words tumbled out, his relief extremely obvious.
“So, what happened with the dragon? Is everyone else alright?” [Name Removed] asked, her eyebrows scrunched up in concern.
“[Name Removed] and [Name Removed] coaxed it down from the sky with some magic,” [Name Removed] said, “They were ready with the chain and led it back where it belongs.”
“Thank goodness,” [Name Removed] said, breathing a sigh of relief, “And [Name Removed]! Thank you for remembering what I told you!”
“We couldn’t just have Christmas without you guys, are you kidding?” [Name Removed] laughed, giving the three girls a hug.
“Yeah, we obviously had to do something,” [Name Removed] shrugged, his face matching the pink-purple glow of the jewels.
“Ohhh, you guys! Happy Holidays!” [Name Removed] clapped her hands in delight, everyone else laughing at her extreme and random excitement.
“Let’s get back to Main Street,” [Name Removed] said, “I can’t believe we’re actually going to make it to the holiday party—definitely wasn’t expecting that.”
The group of players eagerly left the cave, heading to the huge holiday party that would be starting soon. It had been the most eventful Christmas Eve for the kingdom thus far, and some amount of normalcy was much needed to balance it all out.

D.
I always wondered what she looked like. The "Mrs. Clause". I heard many rumors about her, that she was an old, tiresome lady. Never before had I imagined that she'd be as pretty as she is, until the one day I decided to check out Esplanade. I was bored in my room, thinking of how I could decorate for this holiday season. But I was lost, and decided I needed some inspiration. So I went out onto Main Street, where I've spent little time exploring. Welcomed by many people, discussing what they wanted this Christmas. I looked around at the decorations, and I thought, "Well, I can't really do anything too drastic, maybe I should go look at the Christmas tree." I headed toward Esplanade, where the Christmas tree was located. As I walked through some turnstiles, I noticed a burst of pink color in the corner of my eye. That's the first thing I noticed, and I headed on over to check it out. As I examined the object, I realized it was no more than a decorative present out of it's place. I grabbed it and slid it under the ginormous Christmas tree. While I was sliding it under, I noticed a pair of legs on the other side of the tree, accompanied by pink shoes. I walked over to the other side to say a friend hello, as I noticed a bright, magic-like light flash into my eyes. I could barely see her, it was so bright. As I attempted to look at her, all I could see was a lot of pink. Until she suddenly disappeared. I immediately went to my friend to tell them about what just happened, and he told me that what I just saw was Mrs. Clause! I couldn't believe it, I had seen her. She wasn't an old, tiresome lady, she was a beautiful young woman, who was obsessed with the color pink. I wish I had gotten to talk to her, but there's always next Christmas.
E.
The Player Who Cares
Leroy, Angel, and Stitch,
Oh how one would love to be rich!
Firewall, clock, and gift card
Being rich shouldn't be so hard!

Then one day, a new player came to play
He realized what MyVMK is about
He began with, "Don't play just to pout!"
MyVMK is about friends, you'll realize one day

This player was the most generous
Not by giveaways or free rares
But by how much he cares
He was friends to all and his compassion never ended

He is the player who cares
F.
The MyVMK Walking Tour
Welcome to the MyVMK Walking Tour! Is this your first time here? Well, you've come at a wonderful time of year, the whole place has been decked out for the holidays. Magic snow that never melts, Mickey head wreaths, lights, giant wrapped presents...Well, I should let you see it all for yourself. Let's first have a look around here. This is Esplanade, where all new players start their adventures in the kingdom. Right now we've got our holographic Christmas tree, which can be decorated any way we want through computer programming. It may not look real, but at least it doesn't shed needles. If you look at the billboards you'll notice that we're currently running the Jolly Holiday Quest. You can only access it from this room, so remember to come back here if you'd like to play later. The prize is pretty sweet; a holiday hat in blue. If you'd rather go for a 'Frozen' look this winter, it's the perfect accessory.
Let's take the exit to Town Square. It's just beautiful this time of year, isn't it? I just love those giant ornament balls. Over to the right is Emporium, the place where all the latest and greatest holiday items can be found. Just check under the specials section. You'll probably need some of those in bulk if you're planning to enter the Gingerbread Room Building Contest. Last year's prizes were amazing, and I can only imagine they'll be better this time around. Talk to Esmerelda when you get inside, she'll give you a little money to get started.
Next we're heading into the heart of Main Street. Oh, just look at these decorations, aren't they perfect? I just love the holidays, everything is so pretty! Okay, okay focus. At the first corner here you can step over to the Street Party Music Game. Mix your own tracks and then play them for your friends to get a little cash. It's a great place to hang out with big groups and maybe make some new friends. After all, if you're hot on the turntable, everyone's going to want tips to make a mean mix...Sorry, that was kind of lame, wasn't it? Let's move on. Up further to the right is VMK Central. Once home to the world famous Hidden Mickey Quest, this room now reminds us of what was once a real live room in Magic Kingdom where you could pick up cards to get items in game. Those were the days, huh?
Anyway, our next stop is Central Plaza. As the name suggests, this room branches off in three different directions. Swing a left into Adventureland, a right to head towards Tomorrowland, and if you keep going straight, you can find Castle Forecourt, right outside of Fantasyland. There's also a hidden stop just off of this room, the Main Street Magic Shop. The doors may exit here, but to get inside you'll need to do a little 'magic' (sort of a teleportation if you will). They sell cameras and film here, which we probably should have grabbed at the beginning of the tour...Well, it's not too late to get some now. We've still got a couple of holiday-decorated stops left, and these are by far the prettiest. Also, if you're looking to bring home a souvenir, a Snowman Magic pin is a great choice. Activate it and you'll turn into a snowman! Temporarily of course.
As I mentioned before, Castle Forecourt is our next stop. There are two paths into Fantasyland here, as well as the entrance to Frontierland, all surrounding a statue of the man that started it all. Doesn't Walt look great illuminated by Christmas lights? Definitely should snap a picture of that.
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, we've finally come to the last snowy stop in the kingdom, the Castle Gardens. Here you can choose to visit Maleficent the Dragon in the Dungeon, or you can take a tour of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. It sure does look lovely, with the gentle snowfall, twinkling blue lights, trails of gifts...
You know, there was a time I thought I might never see this castle again. It was such a special place for me when I was young, and when they closed it up all those years ago, I didn't know what to do. That's why as soon as I found out it was open again, I came running right back, and now I'm more than happy to give this tour to you fine players. I'm so grateful to be here, and I hope you all are too, whether or not you knew the kingdom before. This place is a Christmas gift in itself.
Oh gosh, look at me. I just can't seem to stop rambling today. Let's move on into the castle...

G.
Paisley's Extraordinary Christmas Eve
This fairly average house held a family of four, a mother, a father, a girl named Paisley, and their dog Buffalo. On this particular evening the family was gathered in the living room warming them selves by the fire. Outside families were bustling about getting their last minute Christmas decorations and gifts in place.

The mother cleared her throat breaking the silence.

“Isn’t this wonderful Paisley? Getting together for a Christmas tradition, with my lovely family.”

Paisley starred down at her drink unaffected by her mother’s words, and mumbled a soft “Yes”, to please her mother.

Her mother sighed.

“Say why don’t we make a wish on the Christmas tree star like we do every year?” Asked the father hoping to excite his wife and daughter.

The mother perked up. “What a wonderful idea! Hmm… I wish that this wonderful Christmas with my family would keep us close.”

“And I wish for a big Christmas ham, finished the father.”

Paisley wished silently for the one thing she wanted most. “I wish I could leave this world for Christmas, to a place of excitement and interesting people.”

Once she brought her thoughts back to reality, and noticed her mother talking to her father about the recent outing she had in town. Seeing the perfect opportunity, Paisley snuck out to the confines of her room to turn on her computer, and getting ready to play.

It wasn’t that she didn’t appreciate her Christmas, her family, and her life, but it all became so dull to her. She was never very good at making lots of friends at school, so instead she’d retreat to the confines of her room and enjoy turning on a game, which many know as Myvmk.

She was on Myvmk for a few hours, talking with friends as usual and occasionally trading. At some point her dog Buffalo had come in to watch the screen. He always enjoyed the noises and colors the game seemed to emit. Soon the night caught up to her though, and Paisley began to dose off at her desk, still logged into the game.

She awoke to a poking sensation on her side, mumbling which got louder and clearer. Opening her eyes and saw a guy who looked vaguely familiar wearing a backwards green hat.

“Hey Paiser, Paiser wake up. You’re laying in the middle of Main street get up”. Huh… Paiser was the name only people on Myvmk called her. The poking continued and she swatted away the guys hand until he pulled her up.

“Good to see you moving Paiser. Thought the transport knocked you in the head.” She recognized the boy now. She had seen his face briefly from photos, but it was her friend from Myvmk, Jappers. Now that she looked around the area looked familiar too, just less pixelated and more real. The realization hit her and she stood even more stunned with her eyebrows furrowed looking at Jappers.

“What the heck. Are you real? This isn’t real.

“Him and the rest of us are very much real. To put it straight, we got transported from our real lives into the game.” A girl stepped behind Jaspers and adjusted her glasses with a matching pair of mickey ears.

“That’s not possible”, said Paisley. She now recognized the girl as Stampedeit.

“Well now it is, and if we don’t hurry we are going to miss the main event.” Jappers smiled and took the two of their hands pulling them down Main street, to what Paisley could only think to be the Castle Gardens.

She turned to look at her self in a shop reflection and noticed a noticed a very real looking stitch hat was resting atop her head and the rest of her usual Myvmk attire was all in place. She was confused, but continued along with the two. Other players on the way were either waking up or running around having more fun then she’d seen people have in ages. Some looked as if they were on Quests, others were munching on candy canes and laughing with groups of people. Some she swore she even recognized.

Jappers soon came to a halt in front of the Castle. The entire area was filled with people, talking around and what looked like waiting.

“Apparently this happens every Christmas. Parties, exploring, Christmas Eve celebrations, all right here in Myvmk. If you’re lucky enough you get transported in, and lucky for us the magic is about to begin.” Jappers threw up his hands after speaking, along with the crowd and cheered as a group of host came swirling through triggering the magic.

Feeling the energy Paisley smiled and continued with through up her hands as well, enjoying the energy. Soon the entire crowd began flashing through a number of different magics. People were teleporting, turning invisible, getting electrified with lightning, and some even turning into snowmen.

As the evening went on Paisley met tons of new people, dance parties were thrown, and she went on Fantasylands rides, and her friend Stampedeit even pulled the sword from the stone. Not to mention everything was festive with Christmas attire, and even snow. Soon the group became tired though. Paisley wandered onto a bench and felt her eyes getting heavy sending her into a deep sleep.

She woke up back in her room to Buffalo licking her ear.

“Was that a dream...? Ah crazy dog. What’s that you got?”

From Buffalo’s color she pulled a small folded card that read:

“Hope you had fun on Myvmk. Feel free to join us next week. Merry Christmas.”

H.
Once Upon A Christmas Time

Once upon a Christmas time…

in a land called MyVMK,

everybody is showing their Holiday spirit,

that is the virtual Christmas way.

The streets are decked with Mickey wreaths,

and the staff are dressed up too,

Host_Nemo is looking festive as well,

with his spicy red hair doo.

In an online world full of fun and fantasy,

a gingerbread building contest is in the works,

oh what splendid place this must be.

The contest is making us all go broke,

but players are willing to lend a helping hand,

they are giving credit sprees,

to those of us in need.

Where Disney fans from around the world meet,

there are holiday surprises just about every day,

with brand new items and treats.

Many are furniture and others are pins,

an occasional quest or two,

the wonders of this game are back,

thanks to Amy for making our dreams come true.

I.
after logging into myvmk,
i explore through the main street of usa.
christmas decorations deck the streets,
and candy canes are a suggested treat.

a quick visit to the fantasyland,
greeted by a mouse waving his 4 fingered hand.
a ride on alice in wonderland
before making way to the frontierland.

big thunder mountain and the goldenhorse shoe shop,
im sure to spend some time at this plot.
splash mountain is a must,
ending with a splash and a big gust.

ending the day with a jungle cruise,
before i log off to have my snooze.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
All of them were so well written and fun to read. I had to go with G, that one really stuck out to me. :aww:

Status
Not open for further replies.