[MYVMK Experience]: OS X Mavericks and Yosemite!

danimals

Designated Tax Lobbyist
SOS Oatman I keep having this issue where the application gets stuck on a screen with Adobe Shockwave on it.. ive redownloaded shockwave, flashplayer and the application. That worked for a few days and then now its not working again

KrazyKid

*Not actually crazy
Just a heads up for anyone who is thinking of updating to the beta version of OS X El Capitan: MyVMK Experience doesn't work (at least not for me). It's possible this is currently only a bug with the current beta version of OS X El Capitan and this all won't be the case for the official release in the Fall, but right now it isn't working for me (there's some sort of error with X11).
Just thought I'd let everyone know.

~KrazyKid

So, first of all THANK YOU because this has allowed me to use VMK after more than a year of dormancy – but all of a sudden today I tried to log in and I'm getting a black screen. I've tried restarting the app and my computer to no avail. Anyone else having this problem? :(

EDIT: On my 4th or so try I got in. It did take an unusually long time, but maybe it's just being fussy today :)

Last edited:
@LadyGaga yep my screen gets stuck at loading too.

UPDATE: If you uninstall and reinstall it should work! Also if it's giving you that weird message, it seemed to help me to open the Activity Monitor and force quit all of the red tasks.

Last edited:

Myth

Why is the download time 45 minutes?
... not sure if I trust this file. I'm scared of getting some crazy virus on my new computer from downloading this since it's an untrusted source but we'll see

Jake

Why is the download time 45 minutes?
... not sure if I trust this file. I'm scared of getting some crazy virus on my new computer from downloading this since it's an untrusted source but we'll see
I just got a macbook air last week and downloaded this and it works great, nothing to worry about :)

KrazyKid

*Not actually crazy
Just a heads up for anyone who is thinking of updating to the beta version of OS X El Capitan: MyVMK Experience doesn't work (at least not for me). It's possible this is currently only a bug with the current beta version of OS X El Capitan and this all won't be the case for the official release in the Fall, but right now it isn't working for me (there's some sort of error with X11).
Just thought I'd let everyone know.

~KrazyKid
With OS X El Capitan being released this September 30th, I decided to try to come up with a solution to this problem on MyVMK Experience. When I downloaded the beta version back in July, I noticed MyVMK Experience no longer worked. I figured the easier way was to just downgrade back to OS X Yosemite (which can take a bit of time). Today I decided to give it another shot, however, the issue was still there, as it was an intended feature; not a bug.

After re-downloading the beta version of OS X El Capitan, I have determined what the issue was with MyVMK Experience not working. In OS X El Capitan, Apple made their OS rootless. This makes applications unable to modify any of the items under /System. Anyway, to fix MyVMK Experience, you have to disable the rootless feature. Go to this link to learn how to disable the rootless feature: http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-turn-off-the-rootless-in-OS-X-El-Capitan-10-11

Thanks,
~KrazyKid

**Warning: Rootless was added to protect system files, removing it could potentially make your Mac more vulnerable.