[MYVMK Experience]: OS X Mavericks and Yosemite!

missace

The deeper you go, the weirder life gets.
Yep, it no longer works with the El Capitan update sadly :(
I tried to reinstall it but I kept getting an error: "Warning: disk image not recognized."

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 7.32.14 PM.png

Last edited:

Fantasyliger

As more people are locked out when their computers update automatically, what are we to do? Kind of annoying we have received no response from anyone of authority in-game/or tech side. Hoping that all of these players will be on before Halloween

Has anyone found a way around this issue?? I downloaded it 3 days ago and made an account and it worked perfectly. I then logged out for the night and the next day logged back in and it wouldn't work. It was just continuously loading and it's never ending. If anyone has a solution to this problem that would be amazing... I would love to be able to play again!!

As more people are locked out when their computers update automatically, what are we to do? Kind of annoying we have received no response from anyone of authority in-game/or tech side. Hoping that all of these players will be on before Halloween
Not even the myvmk staffs are helping in resolving the issue. :-/

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Not even the myvmk staffs are helping in resolving the issue. :-/
It's not something that the MyVMK Staff has any control over. It all has to do with stuff from Apple (as Amy stated here).
Unfortunately, I have no idea where oatman ended up. I would be willing to dig into the problem, but I don't own a Mac so I am unable to do so at this point in time. Your best bet right now is to wait for the new client to be released, or to use a program such as VMWare or Parallels to run Windows within OSX.

With OS X El Capitan being released this September 30th, I decided to try to come up with a solution to this problem on MyVMK Experience. When I downloaded the beta version back in July, I noticed MyVMK Experience no longer worked. I figured the easier way was to just downgrade back to OS X Yosemite (which can take a bit of time). Today I decided to give it another shot, however, the issue was still there, as it was an intended feature; not a bug.

After re-downloading the beta version of OS X El Capitan, I have determined what the issue was with MyVMK Experience not working. In OS X El Capitan, Apple made their OS rootless. This makes applications unable to modify any of the items under /System. Anyway, to fix MyVMK Experience, you have to disable the rootless feature. Go to this link to learn how to disable the rootless feature: http://www.quora.com/How-do-I-turn-off-the-rootless-in-OS-X-El-Capitan-10-11

Thanks,
~KrazyKid

**Warning: Rootless was added to protect system files, removing it could potentially make your Mac more vulnerable.
Thank you! I have a hackintosh so it is a little bit different and if anyone else has a hackintosh: To disable SIP (rootless) you would have to edit your Clover config file and change the value of the key "csr-active-config" to "0x67". http://osxarena.com/2015/10/guide-details-apples-system-integrity-protection-sip-for-hackintosh/

Last edited: