MyVMK Forums Newsletter - 24 May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Moderator of the 21st Century
Forums Moderator

**We apologize for the delay in releasing this! Had to settle a few things before it was published**

△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵△ ▴ ▵

Where in Disney World Trivia?

Answer the question below to be entered in a drawing for a MyVMK credit code for 2,500! We will be having only one winner per trivia; keep an eye out for the winner of the credit code!

If you don't know the answer to this trivia, don't worry! There will be another one next week.

What was the first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World?

To Submit an answer, enter here.

Last week's answer was:
The secret hallways under Disney World are called Utilidors.
and the winner is @[B]MontyBaby[/B] ! Congratulations!

▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △▵ ▴ △

Weekly Giveaway

To enter, simply enter you forums username and your in-game username. One winner will be picked and the prize will be different every week.

PLEASE READ:
There is a change to how the Weekly Giveaway is going to work.; we are no longer allowed to generate new items in game, so we are giving away donated items from members of the community and staff members. If you would like to donate, please contact me.

Thanks!
~Captain-Heather

This week's prize is Room Pin - Haunted Mansion Conservatory!
(This weeks prize donated by @Captain-Heather; she will be in contact with the winner next week.)

Multiple entries will result in elimination
(We do check and we see you ... )

Don't let this chance go! Enter here.

Last week's lucky winner is @tigers-jaw!
Congratulations on your Animal Kingdom Safari Lodge Guest Room!

Push's Forum Trivia

The winner of the question will receive the Push's Forum Trivia medal.

This Week's Question

'Two Worlds' is a song from which Disney film?

Submit your answer here.

Last week's answer was:
Learn Me Right by Birdy and Mumford & Sons.
and the winner is @[B]Lissa[/B] ! Congratulations!

Weekly Poll

Each week a poll will be released with a question. This is all for fun!

What month do you hope to see on MyVMK soon?

Click here to vote! Watch out next week for the results.

Everyone's favorite lands in MyVMK are:

1. Fantasyland
2. Adventureland
3. Tomorrowland

Tips and Tricks

Remember, if you ever need any help or have any questions about the Forums, make sure to private message an Admin or Moderator listed here:

@Captain-Heather

(leader of the pack aka Head Admin)

@Quicksilver
@Scrooge
@Tweety
@Zenon

(dream team aka Captain-Heather's minions)

or email forums@myvmk.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you ever need any help or have any questions about things In-Game, make sure to email In-Game Staff at

contact@myvmk.com

MyVMK Forums Staff Profiles

Moderator Name:

Zenon

What is your favorite room in the Kingdom?

My favorite room in the kingdom would have to be the Fantasy Courtyard!

What is your favorite thing to do around the kingdom?

My favorite thing to do around the kingdom is to go around and socialize! I love interacting with all the members and to see the beautiful rooms they make!

What is your favorite mini-game in MyVMK thus far?

My favorite mini-game in MyVMK would have to be POTC! :pirate2:

Who is your favorite Disney character?

My favorite Disney character would have to be......ZENON! :)

What is your favorite item(s) in the game?

My favorite item in the game right now are the Dole whip pins!

What item would you like to see make a return?

Although this item has been released on MyVMK I would like to see the inferno magic released in shop again!

Have a Suggestion?

Is there anything you'd like to see in the newsletter, something you think would be fun or interesting? Let us know by replying to this thread or Private Messaging a forums staff member!

We would love to hear your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's unfortunate about the new update to the Weekly Giveaway, however it does make the giveaway feel more special :) Thank you!
Honestly I think this is a good way to get involved! If you are wanting to make a donation, please send me a PM and let me know the following:

1) Your In-Game Name
2) What item(s) you would like to donate
3) Would you like people to know you donated these items

You must also be okay with these items sitting on an account that only forum staff has access to. Because the giveaway is only weekly, you might not see your item(s) used for quite some time. If for some reason the weekly giveaway stops, we will try our best to return any unused items, but we cannot 100% guarantee that the items make it back to you. You are basically giving your item away with no intention of ever seeing it again. I just want to make this part clear, so there are no surprises down the road for anyone who chooses to donate.

If none of this is okay with you, that's fine! We aren't asking people to donate, really. The forum staff have already donated a bunch of their items, and since I have been approached by several others asking to donate, I thought I would share this info here with you all.

Let me know if there are questions via PM or post here, and either I or another staff can get back to you.

There is a change to how the Weekly Giveaway is going to work.; we are no longer allowed to generate new items in game, so we are giving away donated items from members of the community and staff members. If you would like to donate, please contact me.
Thanks!
Wait... what?!? That is absolutely crazy especially with so many people leaving and there being less items in-game anyway. One extra item per week is too much for this game to cope with then, eh? :huh:

Yet again the Forum Staff step up to try to make this game special - I take my hat off to you :hat:

Wait... what?!? That is absolutely crazy especially with so many people leaving and there being less items in-game anyway. One extra item per week is too much for this game to cope with then, eh? :huh:

Yet again the Forum Staff step up to try to make this game special - I take my hat off to you :hat:
Believe it or not, this was bound to happen eventually. We talked about it and this was our solution. I have way too much "junk" anyway, as most of the forum staff agrees about themselves, too! :)

Thorn

Make it Green
I like this idea for quitting :o

You quit, and then months later your items come up on the giveaway and people are like "awww"

It's like a tombstone for your VMK life except happier and less expensive.

I like this idea for quitting :o

You quit, and then months later your items come up on the giveaway and people are like "awww"

It's like a tombstone for your VMK life except happier and less expensive.
If people were to donate their items if they quit, that could be an excellent solution. If we had enough stuff on this account, I'm sure we could even increase the amount of giveaways from the current weekly to maybe more than one winner per week. I just think that the quit accounts are a grey area...are they really gone for good, or might they come back?

Thorn

Make it Green
If people were to donate their items if they quit, that could be an excellent solution. If we had enough stuff on this account, I'm sure we could even increase the amount of giveaways from the current weekly to maybe more than one winner per week. I just think that the quit accounts are a grey area...are they really gone for good, or might they come back?
I only meant for when people quit for good. Like voluntarily giving up their items lol

pirateguitarchick

eyerolling is my cardio.
why does this game sometimes go by reusing items?
is there too much difficulty in creating new items?

why does this game sometimes go by reusing items?
is there too much difficulty in creating new items?
I suppose it's not that difficult, no. But I also think the answer lies somewhere in the question of a similar nature: Why not solve the US's debt by printing a few trillion dollar bills? Granted our economy is much smaller, but it is equally fragile. Besides, I think getting people involved this way will be nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.