MyVMK Forums Newsletter - December 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello everyone, and welcome to the second installment of the forum newsletter!

We have added two new sections to our newsletter this week. A Tips and Tricks section and This Day in Disney History. There is a new trivia question this week so make sure you participate! Reminder: There are three different competitions for December, not including the weekly trivia. Keep reading to find out more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminder:
MyVMK forums competitions:

Design a Christmas Ornament!
Help Santa Claus decorate his Christmas tree by creating your own ornament!
For more information. click here!

MyVMK Christmas Poem or Short Story Contest!
Create your own holiday story this Christmas!
For more information, click here!

MyVMK Forums Dress Your Pet Contest- Christmas Edition
This contest is all about you and your pet and how well you can dress your beloved friend!
For more information, click here!

Where in Disney World?
Answer the question correctly and be entered in a drawing for an in-game code for 2,500 credits!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer the question below to be entered in a drawing for a MyVMK credit code for 2,500! We will be having only one winner per trivia; keep an eye out for the winner of the credit code!
If you don't know the answer to this trivia, don't worry! There will be another one next week.

Every year at Epcot, an event called the Candlelight Processional is held. In which theater does this take place?

To Submit an answer please create a new thread HERE!
Make sure to use the prefix "Where in Disney World Trivia!"

Last weeks answer was Magic Kingdom and the winner is @Eirie! Congratulations @Eirie!

This Day in Disney History

On this day in Disney History:

The Oswald, The Lucky Rabbit short Empty Socks was released in 1927.
This was the first ever Christmas themed short film released by Disney. It featured Oswald as Santa, was a silent short, and aired in black and white.

In 1949, actor and comedian Bill Nighy was born in England. He portrayed Davey Jones, the captain of the Flying Dutchman, in the film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.

In 1981, CBS-TV aired the two hour documentary Walt Disney ... One Man's Dream.

Tips and Tricks

Our newest part of the newsletter is the tips and tricks section. Each week we will be bringing you a new tip or trick to help improve your experience on the forum.

This week brings you:
How to add a prefix to your thread.

To add a prefix to a thread you start by creating a new thread. To do this click "Post New Thread"

When you first hit "Post New Thread" it comes up where you can put your title in. Right next to the title it says "No Prefix" with an arrow pointing down. When you click this arrow a menu pops up with choices to choose from.

At this point you choose which prefix you would like to use for your thread. As a demonstration I have added the prefix for the Ornament Contest. Once you select a prefix for your thread, you can then add the title of the thread, any submission you may have, and also any message.

The last step is to post your thread. This is completed by clicking "Create Thread" as shown below.

Hope this helps you when you are creating the thread for the contests or any other time you need a prefix!

MyVMK Forums Staff Profiles:

Moderator Name:
NightWolf

What is your favorite room in the Kingdom?
My favorite room is Main Street because it is the place I met my first friend.

What is your favorite thing to do around the kingdom?
My favorite thing to do is hang out with my friends and spend time playing games with them. I also enjoy spreading my kindness and making others happy as much as I can.

What is your favorite mini-game in MyVMK thus far?
My favorite mini-game is Haunted Mansion. I love being able to play with friends and it earns me the most credits the quickest.

Is there any advice you would give to players on the forums?
Be respectful to fellow members. Remember that treating someone with kindness, may bring kindness back to you. Also Pay it Forward! It may come back around some day when you need a little happiness the most!

Reminder to follow all our MyVMK Forum rules!
We will be adding more sections to our newsletter on the next installment. Keep an eye out for it!​

Last edited:
I think these news letters are great!!:D! my only suggestion is to remove last weeks from the forum page so it is not a huge scroll down to the rest of the page
:)

I think these news letters are great!!:D! my only suggestion is to remove last weeks from the forum page so it is not a huge scroll down to the rest of the page
:)
In all honesty they don't need to remove it from the forums. They simply need to move it to archive. It takes 2 clicks (assuming this is like other forum sites) :) its just a matter of when they do it. It may be the case that they wait till the next month to archive this months newsletters.

Erin

The newsletter graphic with its Micky mouse icon looks like an i and the icon is the dot. Looks like newslitter....

Status
Not open for further replies.