MyVMK In-game Staff Applications

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Amy, Jul 29, 2016.

1. PudgeTheFish

PudgeTheFish Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    PudgeTheFish
    Usually you will only hear back if you are chosen as a new VMK staff member.

2. xCharlottex

xCharlottex Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    xCharlottex
    Yeah i understand this, but just wondering whether they will release a notification to say all staff members have now been hired and unless you have had an email at this point then you didn't get the job.

3. saturnvmk

saturnvmk Guest

that's fine, but i think it would be fair to set a close date for applications so we aren't in limbo. unless you're implying you've heard back, in which case some of us haven't?

xCharlottex likes this.
  4. xCharlottex

xCharlottex Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    xCharlottex
    Exactly, it would be nice to know when they have checked all the applications and hired everyone they need, so I'm not sat checking my emails all the time wondering whether they're interested in me.

saturnvmk likes this.
  5. PudgeTheFish

PudgeTheFish Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    PudgeTheFish
    I would just keep checking your emails until they post about the applications closing.

6. joshzj

joshzj I like giraffes

In-Game Name:
    Josh
    For real name do we put last name or no?

7. CandyCars

CandyCars Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    CandyCars
    Just saw this because of summer vacation... good luck to all who entered. :)

8. Rosey

Rosey しねください!

In-Game Name:
    Rosey
    still waiting.....

saturnvmk likes this.
  9. PointingCapaldi

PointingCapaldi This is not a hug

In-Game Name:
    PointingCapaldi
    I'm sure that they're still evaluating the forms.:music:

10. saturnvmk

saturnvmk Guest

a team can evaluate forms and still provide some feedback on an estimated time of completing the review or when applicants would expect to hear back. that's a reasonable request and is an integral part of this process. it's the professional thing to do.

Peaches and Rosey like this.
  11. OswaldtheRabbit

OswaldtheRabbit Originally the Original

In-Game Name:
    OswaldtheRabbit
    There hasn't been an announcement either way. As long as the applications remain open, it can be assumed that they are still in consideration. There has been no announcement stating that anyone has been hired, and until there is, it is to be assumed that EVERYONE is still in consideration. They have no reason to keep everyone on edge about it, unless they are still figuring things out...

PointingCapaldi likes this.
  12. saturnvmk

saturnvmk Guest

Yes, I totally agree with all of this and am not denying any of your statements - but basically, that's all conjecture as it's an assumption. in consideration to applicants, it's fair to give a time range or at least provide some info on how the applications will be received and reviewed, i.e. if all applicants will hear back or only those who will move on to the next round and when that might be. that's not a lot to ask, and i'm clearly not the only one seeking that information and feedback.

this is a standard that applies to most all kinds of applications, ranging from internship and fellowship applications to those associated with moderating forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    Rosey likes this.
  13. Heavenlylady

Heavenlylady Well-Known Member

With all the changes going on, its safe to say they haven't fully decided on how many they need, who they want and where they are needed. There is probably some behind the scene stuff we aren't aware of and also trying to get all the previously re-added hosts back on the same page as hosts that were already in play. So hang tight no one has heard anything in regards to this. hehe hugs :)

PointingCapaldi likes this.
  14. saturnvmk

saturnvmk Guest

okay, i think everyone is missing my point. i am totally sympathetic to all of that. i completely agree that that is probably what is going on. i am completely understanding of the behind the scenes "stuff." i am sending positive vibes to the whole team as they restructure and work.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that they can't post a newsletter or an update that clarifies the situation, provides an estimated timeline, and is transparent and open to the community about what is going on. in my opinion, it is a completely fair request to ask staff and @Amy to update players and the community in a timely and transparent fashion, whether in regards to behind the scenes "stuff" and/or staff applications (even just acknowledging that they are reading them would be nice).

Peaches, VMK_Rosetta and PaigeUhSaur like this.
  15. VMK_Rosetta

VMK_Rosetta Well-Known Member

In-Game Name:
    VMK_Rosetta
    Hello! Just wanted to give everyone a quick update! We are still reviewing staff applications and we will be in contact to set up interviews shortly. We are considering leaving staff applications open indefinitely so we can fill positions as needed. Thank you for understanding!

16. Murkle

Murkle “Don't let the muggles get you down.”

In-Game Name:
    Murkle/Olaf.
    When is the last day to apply for one of these potions

17. IncredibleJD

IncredibleJD DEMIGOD

In-Game Name:
    IncredibleJD
    Just put in my app for both positions. Would be content with either as long as I could spread some good vibes to the community in any way I possibly can.

Peasy likes this.
  18. Dancer_Olaf

Dancer_Olaf Dream for wishes do come true!

In-Game Name:
    brianaballarina
    good luck to all. Also do they look at responses
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2017 ---
    will they email i to u
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2017 ---
    Hey Han wondering if its givin to u by email

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  19. HOST_Pegasus

HOST_Pegasus MyVMK HOST MyVMK Staff

In-Game Name:
    HOST_Pegasus
    Here are the applications! We are in the process of formatting an email confirming we've received the application, but if you don't hear something back right away don't worry! They always go through (:
    @HeyG
    @MysteryClearPuppy

20. VMK_Rapunzel

VMK_Rapunzel MyVMK Staff MyVMK Staff

In-Game Name:
    VMK_Rapunzel
    @ArcherOfDunbroch Here's the application you were asking about! :]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 8, 2017, Original Post Date: May 21, 2017 ---
    @Gibbyy @Joeboss :} I know you both asked about this application last night, so I wanted to tag you!

Gibbyy likes this.