MyVMK Launcher for macOS 10.6+

Stacysmom

I've got it going on
I want to download this and try but I'm waiting for someone else to try it first and confirm it works so someone please hop on that..

missace

The deeper you go, the weirder life gets.
It works! Thanks macpat!
Edit: Every time I sign on, it appears to work but then the screen goes black. I exited and tried again but it's doing the same thing. I'll keep messing around with it, but has anybody experienced this?

Last edited:

Daykota

Downloaded and it says it cannot be opened.

I'm updating to El Capitan to see if that fixes the problem, but if not...

Any ideas?

So are we supposed to use this with Wineskin? Or just open it directly after we unzip the file? I tried doing that but it keeps taking me back to the log in screen on Firefox. Maybe I'm just not doing it correctly... I haven't updated to El Capitan yet.

MacPat

Contributor
It works! Thanks macpat!
Edit: Every time I sign on, it appears to work but then the screen goes black. I exited and tried again but it's doing the same thing. I'll keep messing around with it, but has anybody experienced this?
Mac OS X version? Screen goes black? Did you try moving the window around or waiting for it to load?
Downloaded and it says it cannot be opened.
I'm updating to El Capitan to see if that fixes the problem, but if not...

Any ideas?
Does it say damaged? or can't be opened? Try re-downloading or enabling "Allow apps downloaded from: Anywhere" in Security & Privacy preferences.
So are we supposed to use this with Wineskin? Or just open it directly after we unzip the file? I tried doing that but it keeps taking me back to the log in screen on Firefox. Maybe I'm just not doing it correctly... I haven't updated to El Capitan yet.
Download, unzip, put in Applications folder. Open, enter username and password, click the return/enter key on your keyboard.

Last edited:

Myth

yeah I tried downloading this and it completely froze my macbook - had to force quit
not sure why

Update: I downloaded it after downloading the MEGA app and it works :)

Last edited:

MacPat

Contributor
yeah I tried downloading this and it completely froze my macbook - had to force quit
not sure why

Update: I downloaded it after downloading the MEGA app and it works :)
"Download through your browser" Make sure your browser is up-to-date.

MacPat

Contributor
I'm on El Capitan. What I meant by the screen going black was the browser screen and only patches are visible, like this:
View attachment 7698
I know about that issue. There is no fix at the moment as that has something to do with graphic rendering. At least, you can play the game. Click the Map to get rid of that if it comes up, which is only when other windows are above or below the application.

I've been using My VMK Launcher on my Mac for about a week now and have noticed a problem that occurs especially when playing games (fireworks especially) but anytime I do a lot of clicking I sometimes end up with the menu that comes up if you right click on something, and I can no longer use the cursor to interact on mVMK. The game or queue line or whatever I'm doing will keep happening in real time, but I cannot click on anything or get the menu to go away without force quitting mVMK and re-logging into the game. Just curious if there was any way to exit out of the right click menu without quitting the game when this happens? Also, I am playing on a Macbook Pro, so the right click must be a result of maybe me accidentally holding down the mouse pad and triggering it to come up? I'm definitely not hitting control + clicking down. It's not intentional, but happens at least 3-4 times within in hour of playing. Thank you so much, by the way, for creating this and giving us Apple users access! Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 5.21.57 AM.png Here's a screenshot of what the menu I'm referring to looks like.

Vanillabug

Always let your conscience be your guide!
I was so excited to see this! I downloaded it, unzipped it, put it in the applications folder, but unfortunately it doesn't open. Nothing happens at all. :(

PointingCapaldi

This is not a hug
Version 10.11.2 OSX El Capitan
It works on my end, thank you!
This has an improved connection with myvmk, in terms of latency, playing potc isn't a problem for now (unless if the server has some problems). After 3 days of using this program, there's some hiccups/tips which I would like to mention for those downloading.

1. Do not right click - The menu bar will show and you can click outside of it to close it. You'll have to restart the program.
2. Black screen when switching programs - As a person that frequently switch from chrome to myvmk, you'll have to double click the map for the black screen to disappear.
3. Be very patient when starting - You'll see the white screen when starting the program but it should show you the login page after a few minutes, 5 minutes maximum.
4. Free some space on your hard drive before downloading - This is a 1GB+ sized program and I know there are some out there who have storage problems when it comes with apple products.
5. Use the most recent version - Patches are there for a reason, and to avoid problems it's best to use the most updated version that MacPat has released.

Thank you so much! *hugs you*