MyVMK Wallstreet

I proposed this idea earlier today, and a lot of people seemed really keen to it, and liked it.
So I know a lot of us are in college and high school and really listen to the economy, or i'd hope so.. (we're the future.) But what about a Wallstreet room, where you can have like the big computers in the middle like in the movies, and around the room is like stocks going up/down and you can sell Wallstreet items like.. Buisness suits, Cool unique wallstreet pins.. I don't know, but I feel like that'd be super cool, and people can just have all out fun, with it.

(GFX Designers try to sketch some things out. :D)

Please preach your ideas.

I would enjoy it! I'm attending Harvard for a degree in Business Management/Economics, so I know exactly where your coming from. Not sure how ideal the concept is for MyVMK, but a great concept none the less!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
It's a good idea. However, it just doesn't seem fitting in MVMK, as it's just a recreation of VMK.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Ill play both sides of the argument.

For: I love the idea; having suits and such as well as a stock market system, it will add an extra way to make money as well a credit sink.

Against: 1. I hate the stock market, i never choose the right things to invest in and never am lucky enough to get good ones. 2. having stock market and business stuff has nothing to do with disney thus disassociating the theme. 3. if you want business suits go to habbo... or vfk if you hate yourself.

S

Spivey

I would enjoy it! I'm attending Harvard for a degree in Business Management/Economics, so I know exactly where your coming from. Not sure how ideal the concept is for MyVMK, but a great concept none the less!
Um excuse me did you literally only add this to brag about the fact you're going to Harvard.

um..

Shrimp

Hi. I'm Miley Cyrus's younger sister Noah. You might recall me from being on some of her episodes on Hannah Montana:

Monorail

I proposed this idea earlier today, and a lot of people seemed really keen to it, and liked it.
So I know a lot of us are in college and high school and really listen to the economy, or i'd hope so.. (we're the future.) But what about a Wallstreet room, where you can have like the big computers in the middle like in the movies, and around the room is like stocks going up/down and you can sell Wallstreet items like.. Buisness suits, Cool unique wallstreet pins.. I don't know, but I feel like that'd be super cool, and people can just have all out fun, with it.

(GFX Designers try to sketch some things out. :D)

Please preach your ideas.
I only disagree because of Runescape's General Exchange. I know some of you know what I'm talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

John

I only disagree because of Runescape's General Exchange. I know some of you know what I'm talking about.

This isn't the same-
Runescape has a currency (gold)
VMK doesn't have a currency. Since credits are untradeable, there is no baseline that items are measured against, it's mostly up to the users themselves, or the semi general consensus of other people.
Amy proposed an API to be released that was a database of available items and how many of them were in a game, and what they were being traded for, but it was overwhelmingly rejected.

Monorail

This isn't the same-
Runescape has a currency (gold)
VMK doesn't have a currency. Since credits are untradeable, there is no baseline that items are measured against, it's mostly up to the users themselves, or the semi general consensus of other people.
Amy proposed an API to be released that was a database of available items and how many of them were in a game, and what they were being traded for, but it was overwhelmingly rejected.
Based on this logic then, how could we set up a "Wall Street" type experience without using credits as currency?

Fiyero

I'm confused on this thread. If the OP could please get back to me on what he meant with this idea (OP only, not random contributors).

Do you want an actual stock market system in which we could invest in certain things and be able to predict when to buy/sell? Or is this just a room to look cool, in which you could buy suits and things related to the stock market. Or both combined, perhaps? I'm thoroughly confused

Monorail

I'm confused on this thread. If the OP could please get back to me on what he meant with this idea (OP only, not random contributors).

Do you want an actual stock market system in which we could invest in certain things and be able to predict when to buy/sell? Or is this just a room to look cool, in which you could buy suits and things related to the stock market. Or both combined, perhaps? I'm thoroughly confused
Agreed^
I may have been under the wrong assumption. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Yeah no you guys took this too the whole next level, I love what you all have brought up, but it's too advanced for VMK, due to I just don't see it happening at this point, or anytime soon. @Monorail yes the G.E. ruins Ecos and I'm against it, and ORIGINALLY I was just planning on a little public room, that looks cool.. @People who are bringing up Habbo, and VFK :D hahaha, don't care too much cause I want to incorporate this into OVMK WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH VMK, VFK, nor HABBO. People who keep saying "Omg this has nothing to do with the theme.." well I mean, duhh.. I don't think we should be sticking too much to Disney, and we should have fun, and get creative with a game that we always said "I wish this was like this.." Well I mean now is our chance, and this is a cool thing that I thought could be added. Lets get creative, and imaginative.. Bring new things to the table, and not one themed based.

i would enjoy it! I'm attending harvard for a degree in business management/economics, so i know exactly where your coming from. Not sure how ideal the concept is for myvmk, but a great concept none the less!
i'm attending harvard for a degree in business management/economics, so i know exactly where your coming from.
i'm attending harvard... I know exactly where your coming from.
pick one