[myVMKPal] Desktop Notifications

Would you use a desktop notification feature in myVMKPal?

• Yes

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Hi everyone!

We're hard at work on the newest iteration of myVMKPal for you guys, and want your opinion on something!
I'm imagining a sort of, "desktop notification" system for in-game alerts (events starting, delays, general announcements, trade requests, etc.), as well as chat messages.This would make it so that even if you have myVMKPal unfocused (i.e., hidden between ), you don't miss anything. How chat messages would work, is you would have 2 options when it's on. Whenever myVMKPal is not focused, chat messages would appear at the bottom of your screen, and you would still be able to keep up with chat in the room! The other option is to only show messages that contain your character name in them so you don't miss someone trying to get your attention.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would actually like to have this as a feature.

Hopefully I worded this well enough to understand. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

I shall be honest. It's not something that I would use (and I might even find it annoying to have). Would there be an option to disable it for those who don't want it? I do read the forums or news sites while getting SITs but I have my browser filling only half the screen anyway so I can see what is happening in-game. I don't understand why people don't make their browser window smaller when doing multiple things lol

I shall be honest. It's not something that I would use (and I might even find it annoying to have). Would there be an option to disable it for those who don't want it? I do read the forums or news sites while getting SITs but I have my browser filling only half the screen anyway so I can see what is happening in-game. I don't understand why people don't make their browser window smaller when doing multiple things lol
I have my screen where I can see forums and VMK but sometimes I'll get pulled into something in forums and totally ignore VMK XD Or sometimes if I get bored I'll play cheap internet games and still zone out and ignore VMK! So its more my attention span then it is not being able to see it XD but I agree, there should be a way to disable it hopefully if you don't want it.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
You would be able to disable the option in the settings :)

Luminosity

We are working on Macs. It's coming! Unfortunately, I cannot give a firm date on that at this time.
Oh no, don't worry about it- I was just wondering if this applied to macs as well. I know you guys are working hard on it! I'm very grateful. Thanks so much for all the work you're doing.

Hi everyone!

We're hard at work on the newest iteration of myVMKPal for you guys, and want your opinion on something!
I'm imagining a sort of, "desktop notification" system for in-game alerts (events starting, delays, general announcements, trade requests, etc.), as well as chat messages.This would make it so that even if you have myVMKPal unfocused (i.e., hidden between ), you don't miss anything. How chat messages would work, is you would have 2 options when it's on. Whenever myVMKPal is not focused, chat messages would appear at the bottom of your screen, and you would still be able to keep up with chat in the room! The other option is to only show messages that contain your character name in them so you don't miss someone trying to get your attention.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you would actually like to have this as a feature.

Hopefully I worded this well enough to understand. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
I'm 100% for Notifications! Thanks