Observation

MissMitzy

RIP Mitzy 7/21/15
So I've noticed this as a recurring trend in the PotC lobby, and it's become upsetting to me. I won't name names, but I've seen quite a few player joking about dead moms. Almost five years ago, one of my close friends lost her dad to cancer after a lengthy battle. She watched him suffer, and after his death, struggled with depression for over 3 years. I don't know if people don't realize what they're saying, but joking about death of a loved one in any sort of manner can be pretty upsetting to someone. Just today, I met someone on MyVMK who's mother had passed away, and I can't speak for her, but I can imagine that she found it upsetting when people were joking about dead parents in the lobby and during games. I guess there's not really a debate topic here, but maybe more of a friendly reminder to people to think before you type?

@Captain-Heather please move this if it's in the wrong spot :)

Agreed 100%. This can be a very sensitive topic & I really don't think people should be making jokes about it.

From my experience people cope with death in many different ways, but if something makes you uncomfortable you should speak out when it happens, in a kind way, to share that it makes you feel uncomfortable.
but i always see people continuing doing things or talking about things, even after people tell them to stop, some people can get very annoying about it sadly :/