Orchid Cactus

Fotogirl

I have a plant that is commonly known as an orchid cactus. Its proper name is Epiphyllum. Its a fairly unattractive plant until the blooms start opening

This the what the overall plant looks like

I decided to play around a little with a macro lens I don't often use but should use more.
There might also have been an iPad and or flashlight involved in the creation of these shots

red on purple

red on red

red on blue

one bloom just starting to open

center back lit with a flashlight

Hope you enjoy them :)

CaptainGianna

I love the last 2 pics the best! Although i'm not an expert in photography, all the photos you took look great! The plant is really pretty too, didn't know a cactus could be that pretty-- but hey you learn something new everyday! :D

I have a plant that is commonly known as an orchid cactus. Its proper name is Epiphyllum. Its a fairly unattractive plant until the blooms start opening

This the what the overall plant looks like

I decided to play around a little with a macro lens I don't often use but should use more.
There might also have been an iPad and or flashlight involved in the creation of these shots

red on purple

red on red

red on blue

one bloom just starting to open

center back lit with a flashlight

Hope you enjoy them :)
i really like the last one.
light is awesome... it allows you to do so much more with photos and if used correctly, can turn a good photo into a stunning, jaw dropping one :)
if you are open to hearing my feedback, i would just say i would love even more light on these photos to really accentuate the vibrancy of the colors.
other than that, you have a nifty lens in your hands, and keep using it!