Out of the 7 sins

dun dun dun.

On a day to day basis, Which is the worst sin and why? (as an added bonus which do you suffer from the most?)?

For those of you who do not know your options:
1) Lust - Lust or lechery (carnal "luxuria") is an intense desire. It is a general term for desire. Therefore lust could involve the intense desire of money, food, fame, power or sex.

2) Gluttony - Derived from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow, gluttony (Latin, gula) is the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste.

3) Greed - Greed (Latin, avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity or covetousness, is, like lust and gluttony, a sin of excess. However, greed (as seen by the church) is applied to a very excessive or rapacious desire and pursuit of material possessions.

4) Sloth - Sloth (Latin, Socordia) can entail both physical laziness and spiritual laziness

5) Wrath - Wrath (Latin, ira), also known as "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. Wrath, in its purest form, presents with self-destructiveness, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries.

6) Envy - Like greed and lust, Envy (Latin, invidia) is characterized by an insatiable desire. Envy is similar to jealousy in that they both feel discontent towards someone's traits, status, abilities, or rewards. The difference is the envious also desire the entity and covet it.

7) Pride - It is identified as believing that one is essentially better than others, failing to acknowledge the accomplishments of others, and excessive admiration of the personal self.
----
In terms of the debate im not going to give you my answer but i will answer the bonus question and say in game i probably suffer from wrath but irl is more sloth :P

Monorail

I'd say the worst is Envy. I mean so many things can be connected to a yearning for something we see in someone's possession. It could be money, fame, power, mates, etc.

I probably suffer most from gluttony.
nom.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I don't judge others because obviously every situation is circumstantial. But in my personal opinion I find greed to be the worst on a day to day basis. Greed can bring out the worst in people. If it's over money, it can turn siblings in to enemies in the blink of an eye. Greed is an insidious disease, and while we're all guilty at one time or another of a drop or two of greed, unfortunately for some it can consume their life.

As far as what I'm guilty of, if I'm being completely honest it's pride and gluttony.
Gluttony in the sense that I over-indulge in shopping and excessive spending of money because I struggle with giving money an actual value. I can throw it away like it's nothing because I don't value it. And growing up with little money should have taught me it's value. But growing up with little money meant having a paycheck of my own left me to the kid-in-a-candy-shop syndrome. I was finally able to have anything I wanted because it was my money and I didn't have responsibilities or bills to pay, and I told myself everyday that I was just "sowing my wild oats" in the sense of my wallet and I'd knuckle down when time came for bills, and rent, and student loans etc. I still struggle with it, and telling myself that was the worst thing I could have ever done. Hindsight is 20/20. (Proud to say I haven't bought anything frivolous in over 2 months now though :yay:)

Which leads me to pride. I am a very prideful person. I can apologize when I know I'm in the wrong with little difficulty, but I struggle with my pride getting in the way of accepting help from others. Financially is usually where that problem lies. No matter how deep of a hole I'm in, I'd rather sell my entire closet than go to my family or even my fiance and let them know I need some help (even if it's just a matter of 5 dollars). I'm a stubborn person and I can say I have my faults but I work at them everyday :cloud:

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
Sloth, because I'm mega lazy when I'm not in school.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
IDK which is the worst... But I think I suffer most from Lust, not all the time, just from time to time. I don't like it, but it isn't getting to me that much, so I should me fine.

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
All sins are sins unto death. How many sins did it take for Adam and Eve to get kicked out of the garden? ONE

This might be a Protestant approach not a Roman Catholic, but I am a Reformed Baptist.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
All of these sins are equal and carry the same burden and weight. Also, a poster above is correct in his example - all it takes is one sin to fall from grace and taint the holy spirit because of it's purities and what it represents to life itself. Human beings have a natural desire to attempt and differentiate between things in order to understand them better on a level that they can correlate their own personal lives to, therefore many somehow believe one is worse than the other; this factor is especially prevalent today because of the ease of access between communication forms for human beings such as airplane flight, internet, telephone, talk radio and even the music industry etc.

I will not condemn anyone by placing atonement for the sins of man but the easiest way to explain the deadly sins is to put something physical in front of their eyes:

Take a piece of construction paper and one piece of coal (or a marker). Every time you sin, make a small mark against the paper. Let's say your spirit (soul) represents this piece of paper. Eventually, you will run out of space to mark while living on this rock.

Do you ever notice a change in yourself or someone else around you? (reasons for this) The more a man sins without seeking true forgiveness inside, the further he/she gets away from the light and everlasting love of the father. Walking this earth, I have experienced the extreme spectrum of both ends in this so I'm not talking down or speaking as someone who is not capable of falling as all are, who must stay here in times of plight. If your unsure of anything, understand one thing: mans law's, his stereotypes, judgments and canonical rites are all undeserving with fallible intent. Take twenty minutes to let that sink in, take an hour, two hours...doesn't matter as long as you understand that these sins are equal in harm to the spirit both yours and to the holy ghost.

Just giving something for people to think about.

All of these sins are equal and carry the same burden and weight. Also, a poster above is correct in his example - all it takes is one sin to fall from grace and taint the holy spirit because of it's purities and what it represents to life itself. Human beings have a natural desire to attempt and differentiate between things in order to understand them better on a level that they can correlate their own personal lives to, therefore many somehow believe one is worse than the other; this factor is especially prevalent today because of the ease of access between communication forms for human beings such as airplane flight, internet, telephone, talk radio and even the music industry etc.

I will not condemn anyone by placing atonement for the sins of man but the easiest way to explain the deadly sins is to put something physical in front of their eyes:

Take a piece of construction paper and one piece of coal (or a marker). Every time you sin, make a small mark against the paper. Let's say your spirit (soul) represents this piece of paper. Eventually, you will run out of space to mark while living on this rock.

Do you ever notice a change in yourself or someone else around you? (reasons for this) The more a man sins without seeking true forgiveness inside, the further he/she gets away from the light and everlasting love of the father. Walking this earth, I have experienced the extreme spectrum of both ends in this so I'm not talking down or speaking as someone who is not capable of falling as all are, who must stay here in times of plight. If your unsure of anything, understand one thing: mans law's, his stereotypes, judgments and canonical rites are all undeserving with fallible intent. Take twenty minutes to let that sink in, take an hour, two hours...doesn't matter as long as you understand that these sins are equal in harm to the spirit both yours and to the holy ghost.

Just giving something for people to think about.
a++

Lost

I'd say circumstances can affect how bad they are.

In general I'd probably say Wrath, Greed and Pride are the worst in most scenarios.