Paying attention in HOST games

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOST_Karru

I do not post much at all on the forum, but would like to take a few moments to ask a favour of you, the amazing community of MYVMK

I have noticed a little bit of an issue when it comes to HOST games.

Many players get into the room and stand there. We, as Hosts, want to see you get in, play and hopefully win! You can not do that if you are standing at the door and not moving. Please pay attention to when you have arrived in the HOST room and do not go AFK when you do.

Now we come to the actual playing of the game. Hopefully you will have good fortune and will have won your game. If you do win, PLEASE mind what exit you take! We have noticed a great many players exiting via the consolation gate, when they have won. IF you do go through the consolation gate and actually ride the ride, we can NOT and will not help you. If you go out the wrong exit and send a CFH without going on the ride, we can and will bring you back to the room for you to go out the correct gate. That said please, please watch what you are doing. If you leave out the wrong exit, you are holding up the rest of the game. The time it takes us to locate you, bring you back, and have you exit correctly will take the chance away from someone else who is in queue.

Sending a CFH when you lost a spot in the queue.

Folks, there is nothing we can do if you did not actually make it into the room. However, if you get to the room and experience a black screen, crash, etc., by all means send a CFH and we will bring you into the room. If you have had an issue using the fast pass. (for example not actually bringing you into the room when it counts down,) please do not use the fast pass! It is as simple as that. Should you send a CFH saying your fast pass disappeared, we can not and will not bring you into the room.

If you use some common sense, you will get into the game, hopefully win, and get out with an awesome prize. The designers have so much in store for our future in MYVMK you really don't want to mess up on taking the wrong exit, or sleeping at the door.

Please, come play host games, and hopefully WIN! Keep your fellow players in mind, and have fun!

~Karru

(CFH - call for help)

Last edited:
AHA! There's my cue! I can't even imagine how annoying it is to Host and deal with this! As a player with limited exposure to these things I am extremely annoyed. I commend the Hosts for their patience. I'm afraid I would be the "BOOT" queen.People standing and lolly-gagging prevents those of us that wish to play from getting in the room.In my opinion, it is very rude to intentionally hold up the game when there are so many others in line. While I'm ranting I find it Extremely annoying that players expected to "partner" in events act like they are not from planet Earth. Respect your partner enough to actually make an attempt to win and not just sit there like a knot on a log. As for players that cant seem to exit in a timely manner after losing (you know the ones that ACT like they don't know they lost or which exit to take so they can sneak out the winning gate...) DA BOOT! Have I mentioned the words extremely annoyed? LOL Thanks SO MUCH for all your hard work. You Hosts have a TOUGH job and you do it well! KUDOS! (Don't believe me, try hosting a game room..it's NOT an easy task)

Last edited:
finally someone said it.. i rarely get into these host events due to a dysfunctional loader, but when i do and when i enter the host room i see tons of people just standing there. i dont know how long they been there but theyre still there as i wait in line then go play. it is understandable if there is lag or the game messed up (my laptop isnt that good but manages the lag) but if you were there before me then MOVE so other people can come in!

Last edited:
last night event, i was the last game and a note came up saying *event has end* but they were like 6 chairs left. and players that close to the event really got to play but they didn't know since the event end note pop-up and they all/few went afk. so don't send the note unless all of the chairs/players are going to play.

I totally understand the loading issue. The hosts have even indicated we should be completely loaded before entering. Honestly, if you haven't loaded after 2 or 3 rounds have played you should probably leave because I doubt you are gonna ever load. LOL Most people with serious loading issues communicate with the host and/or typically ask for a reload. I'm specifically referring to those people that are in the AFK or I don't give a ******** mode repeatedly, event after event. You know who you are. If you don't want to participate why would you try to ruin it for everyone else? That is all.

I will freely admit that I'm usually AFK (looking at another tab) while I'm waiting in queue, but for the most part I check back every few minutes. There have been times where I got far to interested in what I was doing in my other tab, and completely forgot about checking where I was in game. When I do make it into the events, i often have to wait a minute or two for the room to fully load, and then I get in line for the game. I really don't understand the people who have gotten into the room and then gotten on the ride line just to go AFK while they could be playing. That just wastes a lot of time and effort for everyone involved.

I will freely admit that I'm usually AFK (looking at another tab) while I'm waiting in queue, but for the most part I check back every few minutes. There have been times where I got far to interested in what I was doing in my other tab, and completely forgot about checking where I was in game. When I do make it into the events, i often have to wait a minute or two for the room to fully load, and then I get in line for the game. I really don't understand the people who have gotten into the room and then gotten on the ride line just to go AFK while they could be playing. That just wastes a lot of time and effort for everyone involved.
oh my god i hate it when they go afk in line. if its an emergency or you know you will be gone for a long time, please leave. dont hold up the line for everyone.

Many players get into the room and stand there. We, as Hosts, want to see you get in, play and hopefully win! You can not do that if you are standing at the door and not moving. Please pay attention to when you have arrived in the HOST room and do not go AFK when you do.
The reason so many people are AFK when they get into the room:
The VMK Pass does not work correctly. People stand in line, see how long the line is, walk away/switch tabs for a half hour because it's so long and then realize they've gotten into the room. If it worked then people would be present in other guest rooms, talking to friends and such instead of waiting 35 minutes in front of a blank screen. Maybe if the game beeped or something as a 5 in queue warning, that would be helpful. Just an idea.

The reason so many people are AFK when they get into the room:
The VMK Pass does not work correctly. People stand in line, see how long the line is, walk away/switch tabs for a half hour because it's so long and then realize they've gotten into the room. If it worked then people would be present in other guest rooms, talking to friends and such instead of waiting 35 minutes in front of a blank screen. Maybe if the game beeped or something as a 5 in queue warning, that would be helpful. Just an idea.
wait, how exactly doesn't it work right?

It will either bring you to a blank screen, or just totally glitch out and make the game unplayable. If you get lucky it works, but it's very rare.
it always works fine for me. sometimes it glitches and there's no ok button to get one, but i usually just relog caus it automatically gives you one

Guitar

It will either bring you to a blank screen, or just totally glitch out and make the game unplayable. If you get lucky it works, but it's very rare.
Before the event starts, sign out and then back in. Try for the fast pass that way otherwise it'll glitch for you without refreshing before the Host room opens up. Works every time for me when I do that. @Blair

brainfreeze

The one and only...
If you think you're going to be browsing other sites while waiting, I would suggest turning up your sound. When you enter the host room, chances are, the in-room music will change and you'll know you have entered. I thought I remembered the "Enter Room" button on the original VMK when the queue reached 0 (as Thorn pointed out). This would be a great option, or at least hold players at #0 letting others pass them by until they are ready and click "Enter Room".

HOST_Giselle

..I've been dreaming of a true loves kiss...
I would just like to say one thing. Please use the MyVMK fast pass at your own caution. Most of the technical difficulties are because a fast pass was used. You're taking a small, but very real, chance that you might "experienced a problem upon entering" or it disappears.

Personally I know how frustrating that must be and it is really disheartening when I cannot do anything about your problem. Trust me we don't sit there locating you to laugh you didn't make it. We try really hard to find you and to find if you had the problem AFTER you entered to bring you back. I know we all want to play while waiting but maybe take that opportunity to do your homework, eat, drink, watch Netflix, or read.
-G

While I won't point fingers, there is one specific host I've seen to come off as quite rude--multiple times. While I'm sure host events are stressful for the ones running them, there is no reason to take it out on players participating in the games. Overall though, I can't really tell if it's his personality or the latter. I personally didn't care for it, but I did call him out on it before I left his room. Other than that specific one I have never had a problem with another host, but I know that there are others out there who will take it different than others. There is room to improve for players, but it would be nice to workout a mutual understanding--no rude sarcasm and making a player look as if they are stupid in front of the other players over a very small and harmless accident. I was very confused to see that happen.

Cat

I don't think you can really blame a person for going AFK while they are waiting in line to get into an event. Sometimes the queues move horrendously slow and not everyone can sit there for an hour+ hung up and waiting to get in. I think it's okay if you AFK while waiting to get in. The issue arises when the person never comes back. As @Thorn said, adding a feature where it auto boots you if you don't move into the room in time would be a good addition to the game. That fixes the issue, without putting the blame on AFKers for the long, slow moving queues.

Status
Not open for further replies.