[POLL] Confusion and Disappointment with Waterslide Prize Announcement.

Do you think everyone who wins the Waterslide Team Competition deserves an Inferno Magic?

• Yes! Those that are in the Top 10 deserve an Inferno Magic like the Gingerbread Competition.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • No, It only should be awarded only to those who win Grand Prize.

Votes: 40 60.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they do choose 3 grand prize winners for this competition they will only be releasing at total 18 inferno magics compared to the 45 that were released during the Gingerbread Competition it still woefully inadequate. Apparently only those that entered and were around for the Gingerbread Competition deserve to win inferno. I believe awarding one competition close to 3 times the amount more then another is unfair. No one has an argument about this huge value disparity and instead people are deflecting and talking about how much fun they had.
I believe we already addressed the deadly sin of greed, actually.

Simply because someone won 100million in a lottery does not mean the next lotto winner wins the exact same amount.

I find it funny that someone who banks off of having items that are no longer available is mad that he won't be eligible for the same items that were avilable earlier on in the game.

I honestly don't understand why this is such a big deal. Remember, you entered the competition by choice. You didn't have to spend all that time and all those credits making a ride. But you did, because you enjoy room building, and that's great! I think we all need to remember that this is a virtual game. Are your friends really going to care whether you won inferno magic or not? I don't think so. I was always under the impression that inferno is supposed to be an extremely rare magic pin, only given out in extremely special cases. Staff are not obligated to give you inferno for winning or placing in something. I was honestly shocked that they gave out that many for Gingerbread in the first place. It's not fair to compare two completely different and unrelated competitions. It sounds selfish to ask for more just because there's a chance you may not get one.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
I believe we already addressed the deadly sin of greed, actually.

Simply because someone won 100million in a lottery does not mean the next lotto winner wins the exact same amount.

I find it funny that someone who banks off of having items that are no longer available is mad that he won't be eligible for the same items that were avilable earlier on in the game.
While im am of the opinion that inferno should be kept for grand prize winners, i think it's a bit difficult to give a fair opinion if you didn't even enter the competition @Avarice. Well over 200k of my own credits went into my few rooms alone. I agree that participation for those who do not win should be something a little more.

The contest was for fun, and intended to be a friendly competition. Now it has turned into a complain fest all because someone didn't get what they want. It's very Veruca Saltish right about now.

@Avarice oh yes I forgot let's just call it greed and just keep Inferno for those that won And those that placed during the Gingerbread Competition.
I'm honestly confused as to why this is bothering you so much. Are you afraid you won't win and want to make sure you'll still get inferno, or are you GENUINELY concerned about VMK's economy?

I think that no matter what is said, Staff has made up their minds and members complaining/arguing about it will only create a divide within our MyVMK community.

Y WE GOTTA ARGUE

Even if they do choose 3 grand prize winners for this competition they will only be releasing at total 18 inferno magics compared to the 45 that were released during the Gingerbread Competition it still woefully inadequate. Apparently only those that entered and were around for the Gingerbread Competition deserve to win inferno. I believe awarding one competition close to 3 times the amount more then another is unfair. No one has an argument about this huge value disparity and instead people are deflecting and talking about how much fun they had.
Personally, I think the only reason inferno was a prize at all for gingerbread comp was to add it to the trading realm/game in general as there was never the addition during initial beta launch as was in VMK. As such in my mind it was clear that there would be a far smaller release with this competition, should it had been released at all, which, it has true to my assumptions :)

Blackstock

don't you fret, my dear
I don't see Staff unwavering in this, no matter how many people whine complain about it. I mean, have we ever had a case where some people complained enough that Staff said, "Here, to make you guys shut up we're gonna change it to your liking, even though y'all are still going to complain about some miniscule thing anyways, but take this or leave this"? As far as I'm aware, nope. So it's kinda moot to have posted this in the first place, but eh. *shrug*

Could care less about the economic standpoint by releasing more Infernos tbh, I'm sort of assuming that at least one winner will be someone who has all the other super rares anyhow, and therefore maybe less likely to trade it? I mean, if you're so concerned about MyVMK's economy, look at it this way - Amy's gonna re-release all/most items. So those firewalls, those flips, those Stitch hats that cost so much now? They're going to eventually become a little less rare. There's going to be 18 more Stitch hats one day. Will there be that big of an uproar then as there is now with the prizes?

it's called a competition for a reason. winners get the most desired prizes, and infernos weren't declared a prize when registration was open. rather than arguing that the distribution is unfair, perhaps you should be thankful that more infernos are being released into the game, which may make obtaining one via trade more likely. you made an assumption, and assumptions [more often than not] lead to disappointments. better to be disappointed with something within a computer game than something your actual living, breathing life.

Startrader

I had fun too!

In the gingerbread competition we didn't know what the prizes would be and we built anyway. I find it funny that some didn't build in that competition and thinking that they would win inferno in this competition decided that they would compete.. Also I find it interesting how (some) have stated to me that "my" ride was going to win. So much for teamwork..

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
@EmiliaTiger yes I am concerned about the myVMK economy. I don't see why staff would release 45 Inferno's for Gingerbread then decided those that finish in the top 10 during the Waterslide don't deserve to win an Inferno as well. How many of the Inferno Magics awarded during Gingerbread were actually traded to other players? A vast majority treasure the magic they won and refuse to trade it. Releasing more Inferno Magics will reduce what it trades for considerably and make it more accessible to those players that want it. Just because I am complaining about the prizes does not mean I don't appreciate all the hard work ALL the staff voluntarily do for this game. @Grizzly recently retired a lot of items from the catalog to make us all some new rare to trade and will likely add some new items to the catalog soon, @Amy is hard at work with Pirates and @Snow is working on her Community Leader Project and all of these things will be and have been a wonderful addition to the game. Trading is not for everyone and every announcement made effects the values of the items ingame. Having a huge value disparity in competitions will only make Inferno less accessible.

I was talking to my team this morning, this isn't official but my prediction:

There are 3 categories, (Best Colour, theme and overall) maybe like the original waterside competition.

From there, you have 3 winning teams, 1 per category - the grand prize.
From there, you have 9 runner ups, 9 per category - runners up prize.
Then you have the rest - participation prize.

I do not think Inferno should be given to Runners Up, if you look at the prizes, that is the only thing separating the two categories. As Inferno is considered an ultra rare, this game only has about 400 people in it. The more they inject, the less value there is. So that is 5 1* for 21 people, thats 105 Infernos. Then you include the runners up thats about 162 Infernos, that is nearly 300 of the rarest item in game injected to a single event. That is nuts.

@savvy.max, this is going to become very critical of yourself, however your team has an amazing ride and I would not be surprised if you did win a grand prize category. However, I think you do know this and the reason you are bringing this to our attention is you after 5* yourself. #justsayin

Ranch

However, I think you do know this and the reason you are bringing this to our attention is you after 5* yourself. #justsayin
That's what I make of it all. The whole kingdom knows the Oz slide is going to win, and now that you've seen your prize.. you want more.. more like the gingerbread competition.

I'm on the fence for our slide, I have no idea if we'll win anything or not, but please don't use our team as a front so that you can have 5 infernos. We will be happy with whatever happens, and whatever we get!

@EmiliaTiger yes I am concerned about the myVMK economy. I don't see why staff would release 45 Inferno's for Gingerbread then decided those that finish in the top 10 during the Waterslide don't deserve to win an Inferno as well. How many of the Inferno Magics awarded during Gingerbread were actually traded to other players? A vast majority treasure the magic they won and refuse to trade it. Releasing more Inferno Magics will reduce what it trades for considerably and make it more accessible to those players that want it. Just because I am complaining about the prizes does not mean I don't appreciate all the hard work ALL the staff voluntarily do for this game. @Grizzly recently retired a lot of items from the catalog to make us all some new rare to trade and will likely add some new items to the catalog soon, @Amy is hard at work with Pirates and @Snow is working on her Community Leader Project and all of these things will be and have been a wonderful addition to the game. Trading is not for everyone and every announcement made effects the values of the items ingame. Having a huge value disparity in competitions will only make Inferno less accessible.
I wouldn't think staff views it as "top 10 doesn't deserve inferno" and I hope you don't view it that way either. I think they've had time to carefully think through the prizes they will give to the winners. So this decision is probably what they see as the best-fit prize. Some people may secretly agree with you and could also want more inferno to be released in the game, but there are two problems, 1. nobody likes a complainer, 2. staff made their decision already, so it could be better to message them directly and express concerns, which I'm sure you've heard a million times.

While your views are fair, I think it's time to let this thread die.

That's what I make of it all. The whole kingdom knows the Oz slide is going to win, and now that you've seen your prize.. you want more.. more like the gingerbread competition.

I'm on the fence for our slide, I have no idea if we'll win anything or not, but please don't use our team as a front so that you can have 5 infernos. We will be happy with whatever happens, and whatever we get!
Well said Ranch!
Im just happy we all get a prize, whether it be big or small, our hard work will be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.