[POLL] What if we each got a random 'rare' within 24 hours?

What if we each got a random 'rare' within 24 hours?

• Total voters

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
Re: [POLL] What if we each got a random 'rare' within 24 hou

Shrimp said:
Tessa said:
{Sorry, but I don't support this idea. Not only would it fill the game with clones, but giving everyone rares is just.. why?

-Tessa?
Did you read the thread thoroughly? A mixture of rare and unrare. Each item has a chance of being released again or not depending on Amy. So technically it could be rare for the moment.

You guys are so bipolar. First you demand special treatment for Day 1 players, like a release of rare. And now ya'll are worried about clones. CLONES WILL FOREVER BE AN ISSUE. Even if you enforce rules, people will use VPNs.
{Of course there are going to be clones, but this idea would cause even double or triple the amount.

-Tessa?

Celestina

♥ Real Life Rapunzel ♥

Krista said:
Maybe this would work better on a day such as christmas, and then EVERYONE is given an item as a gift, randomly. Instead of having to register.

Krista

Shrimp said:
Tessa said:
{Sorry, but I don't support this idea. Not only would it fill the game with clones, but giving everyone rares is just.. why?

-Tessa?
Did you read the thread thoroughly? A mixture of rare and unrare. Each item has a chance of being released again or not depending on Amy. So technically it could be rare for the moment.

You guys are so bipolar. First you demand special treatment for Day 1 players, like a release of rare. And now ya'll are worried about clones. CLONES WILL FOREVER BE AN ISSUE. Even if you enforce rules, people will use VPNs.
Theres no reason to get upset. You asked for an opinion, and we told you what we liked/didn't liked about the idea.

Shrimp

Tessa said:
Shrimp said:
Tessa said:

-Tessa?

{I don't remember coming off as bipolar, and I definietly don't demand special treatment - and of course there are going to be clones, but this idea would cause even double or triple the amount.

-Tessa?
If it causes triple the amount of clone, decrease the time to the first 2 hours of opening? But then that's not enough time because of server problems as it'll be the first time it'll be holding a huge load of people registering all at once.

I think my method will eliminate the abilities of clones to a certain extent. Do you have a better method? I'd love to hear it. This system is certainly better than releasing blue stitch or princess minnie hat for an hour during the 1st day as people will hoard up a bunch.

Krista

Thats why I think if Amy is going to release anything "special" for the first 24, 48 hours, it should be the same item for everyone, to make things fair.

I can tell you if somebody sees somebody else with stitch for example, and they really want stitch, they may make as many clones as possible JUST to get a stitch hat.

This will also cause server issues, causing people who are legitimately signing on to play, a delay or possibly unable to get in on day 1.

Shrimp

Krista said:
Thats why I think if Amy is going to release anything "special" for the first 24, 48 hours, it should be the same item for everyone, to make things fair.

I can tell you if somebody sees somebody else with stitch for example, and they really want stitch, they may make as many clones as possible JUST to get a stitch hat.

This will also cause server issues, causing people who are legitimately signing on to play, a delay or possibly unable to get in on day 1.
I'm completely okay with her releasing anything special within the 24 or 48 hours. However, if we login on the first day to find cowboy pants for sale, due to experience with VMK and OVMK, people will attempt to fill their inventory with as many as possible because they'll have a feeling it'll be gone and become rare soon. Whatever we do, we can never avoid people cloning.

Foamy

Shrimp said:
Tessa said:

-Tessa?

I highly doubt people would use a VPN for that. Even if they did decide to use a VPN (which, again, they wouldn't as GOOD VPNs cost money), there are still trade logs and someone with multiple accounts could easily be sniffed out by their suspicious activity.

Krista

Shrimp said:
Krista said:

I'm completely okay with her releasing anything special within the 24 or 48 hours. However, if we login on the first day to find cowboy pants for sale, due to experience with VMK and OVMK, people will attempt to fill their inventory with as many as possible because they'll have a feeling it'll be gone and become rare soon. Whatever we do, we can never avoid people cloning.
Okay, but we don't need a thousand extra accounts created on the first day. It is going to cause unnecessary server issues.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev

Im only against this because my luck is very very low and i despise any random or chance for rares. Just have one item given out for the 24 hours.. Simpler, and a 100% chance of getting it.

Shrimp

Foamy said:
I highly doubt people would use a VPN for that. Even if they did decide to use a VPN (which, again, they wouldn't as GOOD VPNs cost money), there are still trade logs and someone with multiple accounts could easily be sniffed out by their suspicious activity.
I've seen people on OVMK who openly say they use VPNs. Even though the good VPNs cost real money, the free ones can get the job done. I personally see this as common technology, I don't know how other people view it as. And do you honestly think there will be staffs watching every trade on MMK? Disney VMK, who paid their staff, didn't have the ability, what makes you think MMK will have that fancy ability? It's not possible to monitor 500 players' screens. Like I said, there will always be people who beat the system. We can't stop all the fun because of them, it's not fair to those who are always fair.

Foamy

Shrimp said:
Foamy said:
I've seen people on OVMK who openly say they use VPNs. Even though the good VPNs cost real money, the free ones can get the job done. I personally see this as common technology, I don't know how other people view it as. And do you honestly think there will be staffs watching every trade on MMK? Disney VMK, who paid their staff, didn't have the ability, what makes you think MMK will have that fancy ability? It's not possible to monitor 500 players' screens. Like I said, there will always be people who beat the system. We can't stop all the fun because of them, it's not fair to those who are always fair.
I don't know about you, but chance is not how I define fun. Even if you were to ignore the clone issue, I could still see this event causing a lot of frustration.

I don't see what's the rush to handing out rares on the first day. This can cause chaos the first day, especially if everyone is rushing into the Esplanade (and would be even worse if people are making multiple accounts). Like how someone mentioned above, I think it's best for the holiday season. It's not a bad idea though!

how about no rares and we just release everything so everyone can have everything and enjoy themselves instead of the constant whining that occured on ovmk