2. Age or idea of age group? 18
3. Music preference? Pop, alternative, electronic
4. Favorite Artist? Lady Gaga
5. Current favorite song? Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros and Midnight City by M83

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? Primadonna
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Yes I've met her
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? Yes
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Yes she does although her vocals aren't for everyone
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes, it's one of my favorites
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? Yes, I did
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? [need help hearing the lyrics? click here.] I thought the social commentary of it was funny
8. Would you rewatch this video?
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? The dog and the turtle lol
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? Not hate, but I don't like when it changes to black and white during the bridge
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? No
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? Very. Most of my friends who aren't too into pop love it.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? The bridge
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? I understood it all
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? Of course
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? The turtle
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? It's appropriate for all ages.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? Well Marina wasn't as well known before Primadonna, so yes.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Yes and it did :)
20. Did you find the song/video too long? No
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? It was a social commentary on a primadonna girl lol
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] I thought I was going to choose G.U.Y but I decided to choose Primadonna instead because it's been 2 years and the video is still powerful to me. She used a lot of iconic imagery in the video and it worked to her advantage. G.U.Y doesn't use as much imagery as I think it should. It's not cohesive as much as it should be.

D.Va

Literal Princess
GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? Female
2. Age or idea of age group? 20
3. Music preference? All genres
4. Favorite Artist? Anberlin
5. Current favorite song? The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? Anything - Hedley
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? I've heard of the band, but I don't recall any of their songs. I may have heard a few songs, but I don't remember!
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Absolutely.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes!
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? Meh, it was okay.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? None in particular. It was all fun.
8. Would you rewatch this video? Maybe not, but I'd listen to the song on repeat.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? The part where they had the little girl finish the verse with "I can do anything," was cute.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? I didn't hate any of it!
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? Just a tiny bit. It wasn't horrible, but there were a couple parts that could be considered inappropriate.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? I might actually go download it now :)
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? I would have made it so the video actually corresponded to the lyrics of the song.
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? The video really didn't go along with the lyrics of the song at all. I guess that's the most confusing part of the whole experience.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? It looks like it would be a ton of fun, but if I had to take my clothes off and get in front of a camera, probably not.
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? I can't recall anything in particular!
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? I would probably recommend this to anyone in high school or older. I don't think I would want my middle school-aged (hypothetical) children watching a video about a crazy ### party.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? This song could be played on the radio and could become popular regardless of who performs it. It's catchy and relevant to our age group and the lyrics are fun.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Absolutely!
20. Did you find the song/video too long? Not at all. It was a good length and kept me entertained.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? It seems like the song itself is empowering to people our age to do what they want to do despite what other people say, because they can do anything. The video looks a little more like "I can do whatever I want because I'm a kid and can party and blah blah blah" which is cool, but the twerking girls kinda threw me off. Haha.
22. What led you to choose that video? Just started from the beginning of your list! :)

D.Va

Literal Princess
GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender?
Female
2. Age or idea of age group? 20
3. Music preference? All genres!
4. Favorite Artist? Anberlin
5. Current favorite song? The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose?
C'mon - Ke$ha
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Yes! I used to love Ke$sha :)
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end?
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? I believe she has far more talent than most people give her credit for. Her music is fun and her videos are funny.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes! It was catchy.
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? I listened to the song while working on this survey, and I flipped back to the video every once in a while, and what I saw was fun.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? None.
8. Would you rewatch this video? Probably not.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? None
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? None
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? A couple parts of the video that I saw were kinda racy. Haha.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? The song was catchy, and I would probably relisten, but I'm not sure that I would download it.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? None.
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? The animal costumes were a little confusing to me. Hahaha
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? It looked like fun, so I might participate.
16. What is one item from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Does it count if I want Ke$ha to be my best friend?
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? Probably anyone younger than a freshman in high school.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? I'm not entirely sure, to be honest. The lyrics were kinda meh, but the beat was catchy. It's hard to tell.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Not really. I got over my Ke$ha phase a while ago. :)
20. Did you find the song/video too long? Nope.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? It sounded to me like she wants to throw away her cares and just have sex with a guy. That's kinda what I gathered.
22. What led you to choose that video? Once again, just going in order. :)

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose?
Fantasy - MS MR
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Nope.
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? Nope, just listened and peeked back and forth. :)
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Yes. Her voice is beautiful. Reminds me a little of Florence Welch's voice.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes, it was catchy and reminded me a lot of a Florence + The Machine song!
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? It was confusing. I can't say I either enjoyed or didn't enjoy it, to be completely honest.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? N/A
8. Would you rewatch this video? It was weird. Probably not.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? I was very indifferent towards the whole thing.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? N/A
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? Nope.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? I would probably download the song! It wasn't exactly catchy but it was a good song.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? No idea. O.O
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? The vomiting glitter part. I don't quite understand.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? It was kinda mellow, so I probably would.
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Not sure.
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? I think this video is probably appropriate for anyone.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? Yes, because it sounds so similar to Florence + The Machine, and they are very popular.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Absolutely!
20. Did you find the song/video too long? Not at all.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? It kinda seemed like it was hate towards the popular girls. I'm not sure.
22. What led you to choose that video? Going in order. :)

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? female
3. Music preference? pop
4. Favorite Artist? maroon 5
5. Current favorite song? chocolate by the 1975

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? youth
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? nope
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? yes
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? definitely
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? yes
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? yes
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "Now I'm just chasing time/ With a thousand dreams I'm holding heavy"
8. Would you rewatch this video? maybe
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? i liked how everyone was having fun and i loved the costumes
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? when they burned the teddy bears :c
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? no
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? yes, yes
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? her chapped lips bothered me tbh
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? why they burned the bears
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? sure
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? the teddy bear that got burned
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? like 5 years? idk
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? well i have never heard of this artist, but i think if she was completely unknown she would still have fans
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? yes
20. Did you find the song/video too long? no
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? i think it was portraying to just live in the moment, hence "youth," to not grow up too quickly. i agree with it.
22. What led you to choose that video? random

1. Which video did you choose? primadonna
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? yes
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? YESSSS
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "all i ever wanted was the world"
8. Would you rewatch this video? yes
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? everything!
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? i loved it all
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? YAAAAS.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? nothing
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? i pretty much understood it all
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? maybe
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? her outfits omg
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? idk its pretty safe
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? yes, it's very catch
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? yeah
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? i love the line "i know i've got a big ego, i really don't know why it's such a big deal though." it kind of captures the song as a whole. girls can be portrayed as "needy" but it's OK to want things and have different attitudes!
22. What led you to choose that video? song

1. Which video did you choose? pretty hurts
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? of course
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? QUEEN B OF COURSE SHE DOES
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? more than expected
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "When you're alone all by yourself/And you're lying in your bed/Reflection stares right into you/Are you happy with yourself?" that is deep yo
8. Would you rewatch this video? yes
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? all of it
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? nothing
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? not at all
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? yes and yes
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? nothing
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? i understood it all
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? eh maybe
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? beyonce lololol
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? everyone sould tbh
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? yes bc it has an amazing message
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? nah
20. Did you find the song/video too long? i thought it would be but it was a great length
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? PRETTY HURTS and it really does. society puts so much pressure on women to dress/act/look a certain way and it really does hurt. it's sad.
22. What led you to choose that video? the name

1. Which video did you choose? american girl
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? no
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? unfortunately
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? no
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? no
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? no
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? everything was pointless lolol
8. Would you rewatch this video? no
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? when it was over
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? everything
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? sorta
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? heck no
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? i wouldn't have even made a video
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? why people like this
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? no
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? the slushee
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? 13 and under
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? no because it's awful
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? no
20. Did you find the song/video too long? yes
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? ugh it was literally pointless

1. Which video did you choose? yeah yeah
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? nope
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? yeah
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? not really
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? yeah
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "yeah yeah"
8. Would you rewatch this video? no
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? i liked the dancers
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? i didn't hate anything
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? it's catchy but i wouldn't relisten
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? hmm... not quite sure
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? what the song is actually about
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? nah i can't dance
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? the body suits
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? it's suitable for all ages
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? i think he is pretty unknown
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? no
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? just to dance?? idk

1. Which video did you choose? anything
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? yes
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? it was weird but yes
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "i can do anything"
8. Would you rewatch this video? yeah
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? i loved how weird it was!
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? i didn't really hate anything, it was just so weird!
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? a bit
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? yes catchy, but i wouldn't download. might listen again, though.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? make it less like we can't stop
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? um, the whole video pretty much had nothing to do with the message of the song
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? yeah it looks fun
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? THE ZEBRA MASK OMG
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? 14
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? maybe, it reminds me so much of we cant stop
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? a little
20. Did you find the song/video too long? nope
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? you can do anything! of course i agree with the message

GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? female
3. Music preference? rock, rap, singer/songwritter... pretty much anything
4. Favorite Artist? led zeppelin without question
5. Current favorite song? worst guys- childish gambino

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? foxes- youth
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? hard to tell
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? not really
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? for the most part, yes
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? [need help hearing the lyrics? click here.] we live in circles, and it's so hard to breathe
8. Would you rewatch this video? probably not
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? i liked the parts with her and other people, just having a good time
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? the obnoxious fur coats
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? it's catchy, but i wouldn't relisten or download it
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? i wouldn't focus on the girl singing as much
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? the parts with the motorcycle
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? probably
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? her mickey ears lol
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? 10?
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? yes... people like catchy songs regardless of who is singing them
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? not really
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? to have fun while you can... i agree with this for the most part
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] the name. i thought maybe it was gonna have something to do with the artist Daughter, who also has a song called youth, which i love.

Stefa

English&Literature Major
GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? Female
2. Age or idea of age group? 21
3. Music preference? Pop&Country
4. Favorite Artist? Maroon5
5. Current favorite song? Birthday by Katy Perry

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? G.U.Y
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Yes
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Yes
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? No...
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? I was intrigued? But not enjoying?
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? None
8. Would you rewatch this video? Nah
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? Her wig was rockin
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? The weird michael jackson popping outta dat coffin. and the suddenly taking it from behind dancing at about 4:18 lol came out of no where
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? No more than most, and for her it was relatively clean haha
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? Annoyingly catchy, would not relisten
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? Not have the floating head in the clouds
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? All of it...wut.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? Heck yes. I would be a synchronized swimmer
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? her wig
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? 18
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? No, it is a novelty because Lady Gaga is known for having abstract songs and videos like this
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? I think i'd be scared off
20. Did you find the song/video too long? nope
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? I def got the vibe of gender swapping/woman sexual power/equality/etc.
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] Lady gaga is always interesting to watch, and my friend was raving about how good this vid was

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? Say Something
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Yes the artist, not this song
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Ummm Sure
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? lawlz. Yes
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? I mean classic high school love struggles..
8. Would you rewatch this video? Yeah
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? The typical locker scene at 1:20 lolll
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? It's set in a high school...haha
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? yes yes
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? please don't set it in a high school when you're literally a high schooler..all credibility is out the door sadly
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? none
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? yes
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Dat sweet lettermans jacket
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? n/a
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? yes because its a young cute guy. teen girls love dat ish.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? I would want to know why he was famous and if he had other songs
20. Did you find the song/video too long? a little too repetitive yes
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? That young love is a struggle. and no one wins. yes sadly this is high school lol
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] Random

Otters

GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? Female
3. Music preference? Pop
4. Favorite Artist? All Time Low/One Direction
5. Current favorite song? God Only Knows - MKTO

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? She Looks So Perfect - 5SOS
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Yes, I love them.
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? Yes.
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Yes.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Very much.
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? Yesss.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? "They say we're too young now to amount to anything"
8. Would you rewatch this video? I watch it sometimes already, yes.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? I like all of it really.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? Nothing really.
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? I guess to some people, but nah.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? Yes!
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? Hmmmmmmmm nothing I can think of atm!
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? Nothing!
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? O Idk about that.
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Luke Hemmings.
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? Hmmm.. 11-13 under? Maybe younger.. I don't think it's bad.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? Yes, attractive guys tend to attract young girls. And it's catchy.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Yes.
20. Did you find the song/video too long? Not at all.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? Hmmmmm, the song more the girl he finds perfect no matter what she does and the video Idk everyone's beautiful in their underwear to someone. I think it's just supposed to be more of a fun video/song.
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] Because I love it tbh.

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? Fantasy - MS MR
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? Nope.
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? Yes.
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? Yes! I love her voice.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? Yes, it's pretty catchy but maybe too repetitive at times.
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? Yeah, it's really visually interesting.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? I don't remember the exact words bc I closed the tab oops, but the chorus!
8. Would you rewatch this video? Yeah probably.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? The visual effects.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? Hmmmm nothing I really hated.
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? Not at all.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? I would relisten, but not download.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? I would make the point a little clearer or more related to the song. Idk maybe I'm just dumb.
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? The video was kinda confusing to me in a lot of parts.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? Sure!
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Oh the coffee.
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? Any age pretty much.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? Yes. it's very catchy and different from typical pop which is getting very popular.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? Yeah actually especially bc I've never heard of them.
20. Did you find the song/video too long? Nope, it was the perfect length tbh.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? People's realities don't live up to their expectations/fantasies. And I do agree with it.
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] The name and picture!

Last edited:

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
GENERAL INFO ABOUT YOU:
1. Gender? Female
2. Age or idea of age group? 20-25
3. Music preference? Nothing specific.
4. Favorite Artist? I like any artist with a song that can move me in some way.
5. Current favorite song? Currently, my favorite song is "A Call to Arms" by Laura Jansen featuring Ed Harcourt.

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? I chose "Meet me Halfway"
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? I've heard of the Black Eyed Peas, and listened to them in the past.
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? I did.
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? I do, I've liked their songs for a while.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? I thought it was good, but personally I wasn't moved that much. I didn't have that urge to download it, like I simply have to have this song, like I normally would if it's a song I truly enjoyed.
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? I thought it was interesting, and for once I understood the general storyline of it. It was beautiful aesthetically, and was well done.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? [need help hearing the lyrics? click here.] "Can you meet my halfway? Right at the borderline is where I'm gonna stay, for you."
8. Would you rewatch this video? Perhaps, but most likely not more than twice.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? Honestly, the parts of Fergie were absolutely stunning, so I'd have to say those parts were the parts I enjoyed.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? I didn't hate any part of the video, just most of it didn't appeal to me.
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? Not at all.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? I might consider relistening to it, but I don't think it was that catchy, maybe the parts Fergie sang were but that's about all.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? I wouldn't change anything, I think the video items connected well with the song, there's nothing wrong with it it just wasn't something I particularly was excited about. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't extremely good either.
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? None, I understood it well.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? Sure, it seems fun.
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Fergie's dress, and Will.I.Am's gold glasses from the beginning of the video.
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? I think it's age appropriate for all ages.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? I'm not entirely sure. From a personal standpoint I don't see an artist being well known or unknown as a contributing factor to a song/videos popularity, but I know others dwell highly on being a fan of an "unknown or undiscovered" artist. I don't think it would be popular though only because for me it wasn't that catchy or entertaining and I don't see people searching for that video unless it was a well-known artist or an artist they at least liked.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? No, not really.
20. Did you find the song/video too long? During the middle of it I began to wonder if it was over yet lol.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? The message I believe, was generally about two lovers finding a common ground. That's usually what "meet me halfway" means. And for me I resonate with that message because I find myself having difficulty finding common ground with my fiance on varying issues. I do agree with the message though.
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] I recognize at least half of the songs posted, except a select few and this one was one of those few so I went for it.​

POP EXPERIMENT SURVEY:
1. Which video did you choose? I chose "Anything"
2. Have you heard of this band/artist before? I've actually never heard of Hedley until now.
3. Did you watch the video completely from beginning to end? I did.
4. Do you believe this artist has a talent? I think he's a very eccentric artist, but he's very talented.
5. Did you find yourself enjoying the song? I thought it was actually a really good, catchy, and positive song.
6. Did you find yourself enjoying the video? I wasn't big on the video, just because I'm not a huge party-er, and the video seemed cluttered and all over the place but I got the general point of it.
7. What lyric did you relate/like the most? [need help hearing the lyrics? click here.] "I can do anything."
8. Would you rewatch this video? No, I love the song, just not a fan of the video.
9. What part or parts did you absolutely love of the video? Nothing, except maybe some of the girls clothes.
10. What part or parts of the video did you hate? All of it except a select few parts.
11. Did you find the video inappropriate? Very, at least for younger viewers.
12. Is the song catchy? Would you relisten or download? I will be downloading the song. It's very catchy and positive.
13. What part of the video would you change or do differently if you were in charge? I would make it less about over-sexualized imagery, nudity, and partying and more about the actual message of being able to do anything in a positive and constructive way.
14. What part(s) of the video/song did you not understand? I understand the song, I'm not entirely clear on how most of the video connects to the song, but I get the general point of "I can do anything" so I'm going to lay in a bathtub full of froot-loops.
15. If a friend of yours asked you to take a part in a video like this, would you? I would as long as I didn't have to be nude. It's not something I enjoy to watch with that song, but it seems like a fun experience.
16. What is one item [clothing, furniture, food, etc] from the video you wouldn't mind having yourself? Nothing really.
17. What age and under should NOT watch this video? I think it's innapropriate for viewers under 16.
18. Could you imagine this video/song being popular if it was an unknown artist? Why or why not? Probably, it's got all the elements of pop culture that people are in to these days, so I can see it being popular if the artist was unknown.
19. Would this video/song make you more curious about the artist? No, not really.
20. Did you find the song/video too long? No I think it was fine.
21. What message do you think the song/video was portraying? Do you agree with the message? That you can do anything and everything if you believe you can, no matter what anyone else says. And I 110% agree with the message.
22. What led you to choose that video? [the name? the picture? random?] I recognize at least half of the songs posted, except a select few and this one was one of those few so I went for it.​

Last edited: