Private Beta Applications for MyVMK's New Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
At this time we are limiting access to the new client by application so that those accepted to test it can have more immediate communication with the staff team to report bugs and help progress development. We hope to have an open release of the new client as soon as reasonably possible.
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed in that decision. So many people are having issues with the game (Missing buttons, Inventory and Rooms loading incredibly slow, not able to get in at all, issues with shooting cannons in Pirates), and players either don't get a response from staff (Just head on over to the bugs forum and see for yourself), or if they do manage to squeeze out a response, it's likely "Should work better on the new client, will hopefully be out soon :)". So all these players are struggling to run the game, and a possible solution currently exists (Even if it's not a finished product), yet they have to continue to suffer simply because they did not get chosen by staff. I really am having trouble seeing the harm in allowing an open access to the beta client. When most games have a test version or beta version that they limit the exposure of, the main reason is always because their test servers can not handle the capacity. This is not an issue with MyVMK at all, since it uses the same servers as the old client. The point of a beta is to find and fix bugs reported by players. If server capacity is not a limitation, than it's pretty logical that the more players who can report bugs, the better. If you REALLY are concerned about having "instant communication" with testers submitting bug reports, than why not separate players who were chosen by staff as a "priority" tester vs players who opt in voluntarily? You can still have the response time you want to the players you chose, and everybody who is having trouble running the game can choose to try out the new client (being fully aware that it will contain bugs, as well as fully aware that their bug reports will take longer to be responded to). It's a Win-Win for everybody, instead of the select few community members that staff hand-picked.

justicegage

Best-Selling Female Artist of All Time
Honestly I'm pretty disappointed in that decision. So many people are having issues with the game (Missing buttons, Inventory and Rooms loading incredibly slow, not able to get in at all, issues with shooting cannons in Pirates), and players either don't get a response from staff (Just head on over to the bugs forum and see for yourself), or if they do manage to squeeze out a response, it's likely "Should work better on the new client, will hopefully be out soon :)". So all these players are struggling to run the game, and a possible solution currently exists (Even if it's not a finished product), yet they have to continue to suffer simply because they did not get chosen by staff. I really am having trouble seeing the harm in allowing an open access to the beta client. When most games have a test version or beta version that they limit the exposure of, the main reason is always because their test servers can not handle the capacity. This is not an issue with MyVMK at all, since it uses the same servers as the old client. The point of a beta is to find and fix bugs reported by players. If server capacity is not a limitation, than it's pretty logical that the more players who can report bugs, the better. If you REALLY are concerned about having "instant communication" with testers submitting bug reports, than why not separate players who were chosen by staff as a "priority" tester vs players who opt in voluntarily? You can still have the response time you want to the players you chose, and everybody who is having trouble running the game can choose to try out the new client (being fully aware that it will contain bugs, as well as fully aware that their bug reports will take longer to be responded to). It's a Win-Win for everybody, instead of the select few community members that staff hand-picked.
This is a legitimate solution. I agree that having Beta access for everyone while having direct/instant communication with specifically selected members is a way for everyone in the MyVMK community to "win" or have a better playing experience.

Amy

Head Administrator
actually the point is to weed out big bugs and issues beforehand so we don't get bombarded with complaints and so that people don't just think "well this doesn't work either". there's been quite a few game breaking issues that only turned up when i had more diversity of people testing, does that make sense?

that's why the private aspect of the beta isn't planned to last long at all, with the beta testers remaining as testers for the non live copy of the game. I probably shouldn't say this, but we're planning to make it public before Christmas even though it won't be 100% finished. In fact, the original plan was December 1st, but we changed it so we could catch the kind of issues that we've caught. The reason I shouldn't have said the release date is because things get hectic for me very soon. Also, the reason we were asking for players who couldn't get on is so they actually could get on, some of the testers weren't picked because we expected them to test and report bugs well, but because they seemed like they really wanted to get on and couldn't.

Fruits

nice how you got urs accepted so quickly yet ive been trying since they’ve started and still havent got accepted lol. talk about not being liked by staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got selected because I have an iPhone X and I am testing the new display screen without the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amy

Head Administrator
MRW they're giving out new client access to people who didn't even bother applying for it...

I'll just continue waiting here i guess.
im giving it to basically anyone who asks who wasnt recently banned or have some knid of terrible history... lol... see my message on discord.

Wonder

im giving it to basically anyone who asks who wasnt recently banned or have some knid of terrible history... lol... see my message on discord.
Could you give @aiyana access? She messaged you on here about it but I dont think you read your pms. She has trouble logging in using the SW client!

VickyMouse

Hi, Amy!
I don't really know how this works but..
I wanted to know if I could have access. I have the Samsung galaxy s8 plus
My IGN is Vickymouse

Please let me know if you need anymore information from me! :D

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chassssem

Hi amy can u pls give me access to the new client it would be EXTREMELY helpful
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Status
Not open for further replies.