Retired Items?? SLOW DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diznywiz

Pirate 4 Life
This game has been out for what a few days now and already items have been retired?

Flip Hat, Firewalls.....

The ability to earn credits is ridiculously low with no minigames, so decisions about which thing to get first start to matter. A flip hat at 2000 credits was a few days worth of NPCs, 2 Firewalls at 750 each is a full day of NPCs, currently the only realistic credits for MOST ppl. I do not have the patience to click shells for 8 hours, and from what I've seen there is some reason why in a room with 10 or 12 ppl only 1 or 2 seem to be able to get the majority of the shells. I suspect there is some kind of lag issue etc... whatever, I don't care cause I just don't like the shell game. The economy is far too new to be releasing and retiring things at this rate.

Why the mystery? Put something on sale and tell ppl specials are for 1 day only, I was going to log on this morning and grab a few firewalls....poof gone....WHAT? Seriously?

These are some of the same mistakes that gave bad vibes to OpenVMK, releasing and retiring of items that are expensive in today's economy just encourages the wrong kind of game behavior. When VMK was running sure 750 credits for something was easy enough to make, go play your favorite minigames for a while you could buy what you wanted. Right now earning credits is ridiculous, 1500 a day from NPCs and whatever you can make clicking shells if you have the patience for that sort of thing.

Slow down, stop and think about things, bring in a game designer with experience with gaming economies, or our precious little VMK will be doomed I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.