Return to the Park Badge

So I was scrolling through the Born in Park badge threads, and I started to think up this badge concept (I don't know if someone has ever mentioned it before- if they have, I apologize). I know a lot of us played VMK and everything and that's why we joined this website, but at some point down the road, not everyone on will have played this game- therefore, not everyone will have the opportunity for this badge. Even some people who don't remember playing/didn't play much/joined towards the end won't be able to earn this, so it will become exclusive. I've seen that on a lot of the badge threads- everyone seems to really like exclusive opportunities.

So, here's the concept. A quest would be formed once all the rooms are up and running in-game. The quest would be beyond difficult, pretty much nearly impossible (hey, it is for a badge!). The questions would be completely VMK-related, referring to certain events, places, hang-outs, community memories, so on and so forth. The question would not TELL you where to go or what to do, it'll simply state a hint in which you need to go to that room and perform a specific action to pass the question. It would be around half and half; half moving around and performing special actions, and half specialized and extremely difficult VMK questions. Emphasis on VMK: not Disney-related, VMK related.

If you manage to pass the quest in a certain amount of time, you get the badge. Requirements: Each action/question fulfilled by the allotted time. I'm not sure what the time limit would be, but if you go over, your quest is void and you lose the opportunity to complete it. You may not use in-game messages (as in you cannot message anyone because you could be messaging them for answers). You possible could look up questions I suppose or ask on the forum, but people would have to a)give you the answer and b) you may go over your time maximum.

Badge would obviously be non-tradeable. This quest would be available at all times (unless you fail it).

So, that's the concept. Let me know what you guys think about it? :)

Jasmine

I actually like it. I'm not sure if it'd actually work out, but it'd be interesting to see if I could pass the quest xD.

Not really a fan. I was on the original VMK but I don't remember much because I was young and just dont have a good memory in general. Maybe my opinion is biased but it seems a little unfair to me. A lot of people can't remember a lot of the details because they were young too (or bad memory) and it was long ago. But idk just my opinion. Hopefully I make sense

So basically... completing a series of tasks (which can be anything, but involve some sort of riddle/"hint" at what you're supposed to do) within an amount of time. Those types of quests are quite difficult, I must say. In other games I found quests really really easy, it's just some took FOREVER. However, timed quests make things interesting. I'm for this, but unsure if it applying to something as... I wouldn't say simple, more like sought after, as a badge. Maybe something cosmetic? I don't know, but i'm sure these types of quests will be implemented in the future. I'd like to see all rooms and 1-2 mini-games working before Amy works on quests though.

Not really a fan. I was on the original VMK but I don't remember much because I was young and just dont have a good memory in general. Maybe my opinion is biased but it seems a little unfair to me. A lot of people can't remember a lot of the details because they were young too (or bad memory) and it was long ago. But idk just my opinion. Hopefully I make sense
Going to have to agree with Amethyst. I played the original VMK for around 5 months, but to this day remains the best online game I ever played. I loved it! But I missed out on many of it's earlier days, and I don't think I'd be able to get the badge.

On a side note, I also think it's only a matter of time before the answers to the quest get posted online, suddenly everyone will have the badge.

I know it seems unfair, and in reality it is, but that's why I think it would make a good badge concept. It may be unfair that you couldn't log on in the first few days because you were out of town and didn't get the first day badge; it may be unfair you made your profile online and not in-park for the Born in Park badge in the original; but unfortunately, the same unfairness makes it pretty exclusive. I see your point though.

I see why it may be for something other than a badge and I like it for pretty much anything; I like it more as a concept for a quest than the whole badge craze thing. I guess people will post the answers online... if they don't mind everyone getting the badge they worked hard for.

Thanks everyone for the feedback c: