Ride the Tide!

HOST_Pegasus

Hi everyone!

As I am sure many of you know, I am hosting an event this month called Ride the Tide! It is a lengthier event, and in order to help it move along a little quicker during hosting times, I figured I would post the rules here, and open the thread up to answer any questions you all may have!

But... posting the rules is boring. So I asked some of the other AMAZING staff members to help me do an example game! We ran it exactly as the game will for you!

So sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the video! If you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free to reply to this thread directly or send me a message!

xo

NOTE: I forgot to mention this in the video, but please stay seated on your life preservers until your entire path has been cleared (all 3 seaweed pieces are gone). If you ride before your path is clear, you will be caught with the tide and unable to spin your generator. Each player will have 1 opportunity to return to their life preserver should this occur - after that you will be at the mercy of the tide!

Ice_Cream

If there's food, I'm there.. :)
Hi everyone!

As I am sure many of you know, I am hosting an event this month called Ride the Tide! It is a lengthier event, and in order to help it move along a little quicker during hosting times, I figured I would post the rules here, and open the thread up to answer any questions you all may have!

But... posting the rules is boring. So I asked some of the other AMAZING staff members to help me do an example game! We ran it exactly as the game will for you!

So sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the video! If you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free to reply to this thread directly or send me a message!

xo
I thoroughly enjoy this game :), ty for hosting!

HOST_Pegasus

Thank you everyone! Glad you're enjoying the game, and for those who haven't had the opportunity yet I hope you enjoy it when you do play (:

In response to what you wrote @daniellevk, clones are a subject that staff has been discussing, and once our administration team has made a finalized decision with regards to clones, we will let you all know! I agree that it isn't fair that people are able to play the game multiple times through different accounts when others are unable to get in at all.

For the time being, my advice would be to try your best to get on as soon as the event is scheduled to start, so you have a better chance of getting an earlier spot in the queue! I am hoping as well that with this video a lot of questions are answered before even heading into the game, which will help increase the number of games per scheduled time!

xo

riddleguy

@HOST_Pegasus

Just tried to partipate and didnt even make it into the room. I feel the event should have ran longer since it was a lengthier event. 30 mins was not enough time. I joined 3 mins in at number 20 or 21 and never made it into the room and was number 4 by the time the event ended. Considering how many people play this game....more people should get to play the event then that.

For the future, IMHO i think events should be shorter or the event should run for a longer amount of time so more people get to play. For a lengthy event like ride the tide, it should run an hour in daytime like today or 1 hour and a half at nighttime instead of the usual hour.

Through i do i like the tiki torch i got for my troubles, so it wasnt a total bust.

Last edited:

HOST_Pegasus

In response to the times of the events, after this morning's event and seeing that the queue didn't loop (meaning players who were in the first game did not make it back in - which is usually a relatively good indication that everyone was able to get into the game), I reached out to my fellow staff members to talk about extending my events that are currently scheduled for a half hour to be for a full hour. I am so terribly sorry that you and other players were unable to enter the event this morning - it hurts my heart that you were so close!!
As per our HOST guidelines, events that are scheduled at times during the day that typically do not have a large player population are to be scheduled for a half hour, and events at more populated times are for to be scheduled for an hour. I had followed these guidelines when first scheduling my events, however after today I do agree with you in that changes should be made to allow more players entry into the game! The hour and a half for evening events is not something I had mentioned, but will bring up with my fellow staff members now! When I get more information regarding the event times, I will make the adjustments accordingly and let you all know!
Again, I am so sorry you were unable to make it in, but I am glad you like the Tiki Torch! (:​
[DOUBLEPOST=1499910521,1499899528][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have updated all of the scheduled Ride the Tide events to be an hour long! At this time our player population isn't large enough to support events that run for an hour and a half.
Be sure to promote watching the walk-through video to your friends so everyone knows how to play ahead of time, which will hopefully move the game along a little quicker (: