shopping bug

gravebound

not actually a grave
i am so sorry if this has been posted here, i've looked through a lot and could not find anything relating to this.

shops don't work. i can bring up the shop menu as it would be in any other room, but nothing changes. i cannot get the be-in-the-shop-only items at all.
i have been double clicking the cash registers as i remember(i am a "from day one" original vmk player) but nothing happens. i saw in another thread that it's not how the shops are accessed now, but i can't figure out any other way, and the poster didn't mention HOW the shops were accessed now. i've brought up the shop menu from the tool bar inside a shop and nothing changes.

i've tried clearing my cache, and also my girlfriend can't access them either. i've tried asking around in-game and the only response i got was to reload, and it didn't fix it.

The cash registers don't work yet. So although you were able to in the old VMK, and it appears clickable in myVMK, it actually does nothing right now. The only way you can access the shop is through the shop button. "Specials" or the items you get only whilst being in that particular shop aren't available yet. I hope this helped answer your question! (PS. Thanks! Me too :D)

gravebound

not actually a grave
oh, hello jayy! thank you for trying, though, i'll wait.

then i wonder, how are people getting cowboy pants and haunted mansion suits? i would assume it's from the shops only, or maybe i'm just way late to the party(i was only shown this tonight anyway)

oh, hello jayy! thank you for trying, though, i'll wait.

then i wonder, how are people getting cowboy pants and haunted mansion suits? i would assume it's from the shops only, or maybe i'm just way late to the party(i was only shown this tonight anyway)
Those were released around Halloween... I'm afraid you're a bit late. But don't fear. You might be able to trade your way up the ladder or waiting until they're released again!

gravebound

not actually a grave
ah well, here's hoping! cowboy pants were a staple of my old outfit. i'm sure ill be up the trading ladder in no time though.

thank you for your help, you guys! glad to know i'm not slowly losing my mind over this.

ah well, here's hoping! cowboy pants were a staple of my old outfit. i'm sure ill be up the trading ladder in no time though.

thank you for your help, you guys! glad to know i'm not slowly losing my mind over this.
No problem! I'd start building up credits, offering credit sprees (where you agree to buy things with your credits to trade to people for rares), buy "featured items of the month" (you can find these on the home page), because they might retire soon. I'd do all my trading through the forum, as people in trade rooms are sometimes very harsh in their valuations of things. The cowboy pants might be re-released for Western month if that happens soon. Good luck, I know you can do it!

gravebound

not actually a grave
good tips, thank you! i intend to be a lot more involved this time around so hopefully everything will work out. thank you for being so nice, i'll stop chattering in this thread now, whoops.

kalyee

good tips, thank you! i intend to be a lot more involved this time around so hopefully everything will work out. thank you for being so nice, i'll stop chattering in this thread now, whoops.
If you're wondering what items are released and what aren't, currently there aren't a lot of completed guides, but http://forums.myvmk.com/showthread.php?1572-The-Official-Buyable-Item-Thread&highlight=fiyero Fiyero detailed quite a few releases here - although it doesn't have everything, that should give you a good idea of what items you're seeing but are unable to buy are retired. Also, if you post in the trading post people will be happy to let you know the value of items and let you know if they're unreleased.

As well, I have a pair of cowboy pants you're welcome to have to get you started - shoot me a PM when you're in-game sometime and I'll come find you!

gravebound

not actually a grave
oh my god, seriously? thank you so much, i will forever be in your debt. i'll be on tonight/tomorrow morning, i'll see you then! thank you so much!!