Should Booting Be a Bannable Offense?

I've been booted for some really (in my opinion) silly reasons but at the end of the day, if the person who owns the room doesn't want me in there then more power to 'em. I do agree that some people take it too far at times but I definitely don't think the room owner should be banned for kicking someone out of their own room.
:OhTheShame:

Gallifreyan

The Slightly More Chosen One
Everyone should have the right to boot from their own room. I’ve been booted loads of times, just move on to another room or go to your own room with your friends if it’s annoying you so much so you have the power there.

Tbh from an assassin point of view, booting has always been allowed bc it’s a right not a privilege.

Question

Very Questionable
Personally, I find it annoying but what can you do? It's their room and they have the right to boot whoever they want and whenever they want for whatever reason. A room owner or the people that are given permissions to boot shouldn't have to be forced to deal with people they dislike in their own room.

If it's for a reason such as prejudice for racial, sexual, and/or gender reasons, then that's when it becomes a problem.

I haven't been booted in a long time. It's only irritating when you are trading someone and you get booted. Then you have to try and find that person to finish up. Personally, I prefer the term "shoeing" over booting. Boots get a bad rap.

I don't think it should be a bannable offense in some cases. I do, however, think it would be a great idea to monitor it. For example, when you click boot maybe there could be a pop up that has a few options.

Example:​

• This person has been afk and is in the way
  • Playing a boot-able game
  • This person is bothering me [(which then brings down a drop down box where you can explain the reason in better detail) would also be considered as a report against that player]
If you choose to boot someone because you don't like them for a particular reason, yes I think this should be punished. Or if you are spam booting random people, that should also be punishable. (this happens to guests A LOT, when I first started playing last year it happened to me as a guest.)

Banning is too much for booting. There is a reason people have power to boot and that's cause it's their room. If they want to limit certain players or avoid certain ones there is the option to change settings in room to allow only friends or whatever. As mentioned by airham maybe in the case of a game room cause that's open to everyone and if you boot people because you don't want them to win or for an unplausible reason then that's just general bullying. Though I don't think this is much of a debatable topic lol

Bill_Murray

yeah staff i’m pretty sure i got banned for booting fruits but like why give us permission to boot if you’re gonna ban us for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk