• Yes

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It wasn't visible where I live.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters

VMK_Rapunzel

As I'm sure you've heard, the United States just experienced a total solar eclipse!
I'd love to hear if you've seen it, if you took pictures (share them with us, if you'd like!), what you thought of it!
eclipse.jpeg
I am a total space nerd, so this was incredible to see.

Don't forget you can buy special Solar Eclipse Viewing Glasses in the Inner-Space Shop today only!

Let me know what you thought! :]

VMK_Rapunzel​

We had about 81% coverage where I am, and I hastily made a viewer about five minutes before hand (a trend that seems to have happened a couple times in terms of this eclipse as I waited too long to get glasses as well) and ran outside right around the time frame it hit. I didn't get a great pic, as in my haste, I accidentally made my viewing hole slightly larger than i should have, and light was flooding in as a result. I also had to use the zoom on my phone to try and get in enough that you could see what it was supposed to be and not just a blob of light, so please don't judge my photography on this picture. Im good, I swear! FullSizeRender 3.jpg
It also looked much better irl, as you could actually see the subtle shift in the light where the moon was, but this gets the point across! :cry:

VMK_Simba

MyVMK Staff
Staff member
MyVMK Staff
We had only about 62% coverage but it was still amazing! Just shoved the eclipse glasses in front of my phone and managed to get this after tweaking some settings

VMK_Rapunzel

@OswaldtheRabbit
I waited to get glasses way too long as well. I love the picture, though! Thank you for sharing! :}

@Peasy
I've seen a few pictures and the shadows from the trees looked really awesome. We didn't have totality here (about 80% if I'm remembering), so we didn't get shadows like that. It did get eerily dark, though. We used the welding masks too!! :]

@bizarrekitties
LOL I should've put that as an option, too. :D

@VMK_Simba
I should've thought of doing this lol It looks awesome!

bizarrekitties

Usually found in a trade room or PotC game lobby