Songs that mean the most to you!

I want to know about the songs that mean the most to you. Maybe there's a song that has helped you through those tough times in life, or you have that one special song that reminds you everything will be okay. Whatever that song is, post about how much it means to you!

The song that means the most to me is The Lucky One by Simple Plan. I love this band more than life itself. In all honesty, they are my life. THis particular song just speaks to me. You'd really have to listen to it just to understand what I'm feeling and why it means so much to me. Just about any song by these guys sums up my life really well. I love them more than any band I've ever gotten into. Seriously, if you made me choose just one band... these guys would be it.

I just realized I put this on the wrong place. Please move it to the music section. ><

Love On Top by Beyonce, mainly because it's the song me and my best friend used to listen to together before she moved away :/ Hahaha now I literally play the song on repeat all day. I think iTunes says I've listened to it 8,000 times. #helpme

supernovagirl

Alison by Elvis Costello
This is my dad's favorite song so he named me after it (just changed the spelling). My dad and I are really close :)

Graham

オミッド
convenient parking by modest mouse
it reminds me of one of my friends that recommended i listen to lonesome crowded west. idk we rarely ever talk anymore but we were in a group of really good friends a few years back, it's all weird now so i kinda listen to it whenever im feeling sentimental

Virgo

kid cudi - soundtrack to my life
seether -fine again / truth
kanye west - blood on the leaves / blame game
deftones - sextape / digital bath / entombed

just because they do

Shadow Of The Day by Linkin Park bc when we were younger my friend used to come to my house and we'd listen to Linkin Park really loudly and play Runescape together
Stomach Tied In Knots by Sleeping With Sirens bc its what i was listening to the time my friend decided not to commit suicide
Drain The Blood by The Distillers bc it was my first favourite song
Okay Cupid by Kitty Pryde bc it reminds me of the time i thought i was in love

ftr i dont rlly like any of these songs anymore apart from Okay Cupid
though I still listen to The Distillers sometimes i guess

Man the entire album"...is a real boy" by Say Anything means so much to me.

I first discovered them when I was in 7th/8th grade. So I was roughly 14 years old. I didn't really indulge myself into their albums until I was around 15. I would stay up all night long playing IARB on repeat, constantly. Along baseball but better, menorah/mejorah, and in defense of the genre. (this was before their self titled album)
Of course the self titled album came out when I was 16, and I fell in love with that too.

but IARB has just something about it. It's been raved by critics, and has received mostly positive reviews. It's hailed as one of the albums you must listen to before you die.
It's dark, edgy, and sometimes uncomfortably honest. I love it.

"friends and lovers" by incubus because i feel like it describes many of the close relationships (not solely romantic) that i've had in my life. i want to get a tattoo of lyrics from this song.
something like "the writhing south" or "i want to know your plans" by say anything, for a much more personal reason :)

kaitrock

Ride and Dark Paradise by Lana del Rey
Possibly Maybe Bjork
Shake it Out Florence and the Machines
Gravity Sara Bareilles

bobsbestgame

There is a song called "I Will Be Here" by Steven Curtis Chapman. When I first heard the song, I already knew the lyrics somehow, and it was on the way to the hospital where at the moment the song came on the radio the doctors had pronounced her dead. We were about 100 miles away from the hospital and we weren't told she had passed until 30 minutes later, but as soon as the song came on and I was crying through the lyrics, I knew in my heart that she was gone. I still cry every time I hear the song.

"For the Love of a Daughter"
"Lightweight"
"Skyscraper"

I just like Demi Lovato, really..

garfield_boy

Don't close your eyes by Kix. Most of you may never heard of them but ever since i heard the song on VH1's Classic metal mania. It would tell me not to do it. I play this song every time i'm depressed and the lyrics are just beautiful and inspiring.

The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones has always been the song that makes me happiest. Or any song by them, to be honest. I love them.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
A Call to Arms by Laura Jansen and Ed Harcourt; it calms me and makes me think of my fiance and everything we've been through together over the past 6 yrs.

A Thousand Years [Extended Edition] by Christina Perri and Steve Kazee. This will be my wedding song, because it describes my relationship the best and it makes me feel connected to the one I love even though he's such a distance away.

I See Fire by Ed Sheeran, because it has such a Celtic feel and reminds me of my heritage and when I used to dance contemporary. Dance was a big part of me before I was injured, and songs like that take me back to a happier time when I was dancing.

Your Song by Elton John (later covered by Ellie Goulding). It reminds me of my childhood, and watching the Elton John concerts on TV with my dad.