Staff Update 2/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyVMK Staff

MyVMK Staff
MyVMK Staff
Hello everyone! We are coming to you with a heavy heart to inform you that HOST_Crash was let go from the staff team last night after much deliberation and consideration. As we are not able to disclose any information on why exactly he was let go we can say it was only in the best interest of the game and the staff team that he was let go. As a result of this event, GA_Cat and GA_Kaa have stepped down as designers. We would like to thank all three of them for their hard work and dedication to MyVMK, and that their efforts helped create a magical experience for many players. They will be missed, and we wish them nothing but the best.

This has opened up new opportunities to join the MyVMK staff team and we encourage you to apply! We are looking for a new HOST or two to help us out as soon as possible! Staff applications are always open and you can find out more on those by viewing the following thread: http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/myvmk-in-game-staff-applications.63348/

Designer applications will also be opening up as soon as we possibly can get that out. Thank you for your patience and understanding in all of this and we hope to bring forward better and brighter things in the future.

-MyVMK Staff

VMK_Kida

Atlantean Princess
The applications are always open and we keep any applications that are sent in on file for the future in case we fill our positions currently. After we have decided who we would like to join our magical staff crew......the user will be pm'd through the forums with more information on your next step towards becoming staff. This also applies to the designer applications which will soon be posted.

We look forward to seeing your applications and to meeting our newest staff members!
:fly:

I am really sad to hear that THREE staff have left, especially since it seems they were the three best staff that we have had recently :(

@Host_Crash - thank you so much for all your hard work with the quests and your desire to make them available for all (by changing mini-game requirements and swapping prizes around). That was incredibly kind and I shall miss you (and your sense of humour) a lot :hug:

GA_Cat and GA_Kaa - whoever has been designing the pins the last couple of months has done an AMAZING job, I have loved each and everyone, especially the cute baby pegai! Thank you for your hard work too :hug:

waterfallglow

balance is important both in life and art.....
Sad to see them go. While I do not know the reasons they left.. (and I don't think it's my place to know) I want those staff to know that you were appreciated. I commend you for your hard work and dedication in contributing to this game. Remember.. a pebble dropped in the water (no matter how small) still makes a ripple in the water that touches those around you. Staff.. you were those pebbles and your work are those ripples. Thanks again! :hat:

V

VMK_Stitch

So sad to see everyone go :(. I'm really going to miss the quests. Even though some were challenging and frustrating, they were still fun. Good luck to Crash, Cat and Kaa in everything! And thank you for everything you've done.

Can't wait to see what the new staff members bring to the game. Looking forward to it. :)
Gonna miss the quests. Crash, Cat, and Kaa, I wish you guys the best and I can't wait for the new people
We will continue to have regularly scheduled quests! Look for them being added on the Event Calendar in the near future! :)

It's pretty discouraging to see that staff positions tend to be a revolving door, we've cycled through so many different staff members the past few months; kinda hard to improve the game when there's so much instability at the top. And seeing some of the staff that atleast seemed like they were really trying to improve the game such as Crash, let go is even more disheartening. But oh well, I'm sure there are internal issues (and it seems like there are a lot of them from what I've seen) that lead to letting Crash go and Cat and Kaa following suit. There's not much as players that we can do but thank them for all that they've done. Good luck to the next round of staff.

Last edited:

Kathysides

I too, am sad to see staff go, and I thank them for their work. I am also very sad to see that there are very few players left. Some have left because they are disappointed in the quality of the game. Some have left because they are tired of all the "drama" and turnover among the staff and are fed up. Some have left because they are sick of being abused by a few vindictive staff that get their kicks out of using their power to harass and bully people they don't like. And YES it IS happening! Some are never able to play because they are banned for no legitimate reason every time they turn around, by those same abusive staff. And some, like me, are fast losing interest in the game because there is no one left to play with. I just got off the game because on a Saturday night at 9:00 vmk time, there was 1 player in the Pirate's Lobby, 0 players in the Haunted Mansion Lobby, 3 players in Fantasyland Courtyard, and about 10 people in guest rooms. That's it.

I appreciate all the time and effort that those who volunteer for various staff positions put in, but those that are causing problems need to either grow up and learn to play well with others or get out before they succeed in completely destroying the game that some of us love. I have a novel idea; how about instead of continually "letting go" and losing the quality staff that tries to stand up to the ones that are the problem, they do what SHOULD be done and let the ones go that ARE the problem??

Last edited:
I too, am sad to see staff go, and I thank them for their work. I am also very sad to see that there are very few players left. Some have left because they are disappointed in the quality of the game. Some have left because they are tired of all the "drama" and turnover among the staff and are fed up. Some have left because they are sick of being abused by a few vindictive staff that get their kicks out of using their power to harass and bully people they don't like. And YES it IS happening! Some are never able to play because they are banned for no legitimate reason every time they turn around, by those same abusive staff. And some, like me, are fast losing interest in the game because there is no one left to play with. I just got off the game because on a Saturday night at 9:00 vmk time, there was 1 player in the Pirate's Lobby, 0 players in the Haunted Mansion Lobby, 3 players in Fantasyland Courtyard, and about 10 people in guest rooms. That's it.

I appreciate all the time and effort that those who volunteer for various staff positions put in, but those that are causing problems need to either grow and up learn to play well with others or get out before they succeed in completely destroying the game that some of us love. I have a novel idea; how about instead of continually "letting go" and losing the quality staff that tries to stand up to the ones that are the problem, they do what SHOULD be done and let the ones go that ARE the problem??
Completely agree. Unfortunately your post (and probably this one as well) will probably get deleted or they'll edit it because as much as staff say that they appreciate constructive criticism (which they do to an extent), if you call them out on any of the drama aka the real internal issues that are so destructive and toxic to the game, they won't address it and it'll get swept under the rug.

Last edited:

I appreciate all the time and effort that those who volunteer for various staff positions put in, but those that are causing problems need to either grow and up learn to play well with others or get out before they succeed in completely destroying the game that some of us love. I have a novel idea; how about instead of continually "letting go" and losing the quality staff that tries to stand up to the ones that are the problem, they do what SHOULD be done and let the ones go that ARE the problem??[/QUOTE]
THIS
This is so well said and I'm just :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.