Stanley Cup Playoffs 2016

Kinglaser

I'd like to say that before the start of game one, I made the call that the Penguins take it in 5. So yeah that's what I'm going with still lol

you can't get tix until after game 4 (if sharks win) so I'm your be rooting for sharks one game? :)
No, actually you can get tickets to reserve a seat and they just refund you your money if the game isn't played... And it turns out I'll be rocking my Pens gear in Florida if it goes to more than 4 games, soooooo it would be sweet if they take it in four... OR I could rub it in Tampa Bay's face ;)

I'd like to say that before the start of game one, I made the call that the Penguins take it in 5. So yeah that's what I'm going with still lol
LOL I hope so!!

I hope they at least win the game I will be at! They hang in there with the Pens but just barely. They make them look slow...
I actually said "Wow, they're really slow compared to the Lightning..." in game 1 :giggle: Yeah, I'll be honest, the Pens have bursts of good plays, but then they let it go for long enough that the sharks can tie it. I've screamed "NO NO NO NO NO" at the TV more times than I've cared to. But I'm thoroughly enjoying this year's Final.

Kinglaser

I wasn't even able to watch it :cry:
We recorded it, and started watching the first period about halfway through the third I think. My phone decided it would be fun and, even though I diabled notifications on my Penguins app, Google sent a push notification through and I saw the 2-1 score. We had just started watching the second period when my mom saw they were stil in overtime and asked if we had extended the recording, so I was like ok well thanks for letting me know the Sharks tied it. So we turned the recording off and turned it on live for the overtime. So many opportunities for the Pens, but they couldnt finish. The Sharks goal was honestly beautiful, it hurt but it was a great shot.

We have this superstition that seems to be working out well. I have to watch the game at my boyfriend's house. Of the post-season, the only games they lost were when I was either not with him, or we watched at my house.

Sorry, not sorry, I'm going over there tomorrow night. #WeWantTheCup #SteelCityIsBetterThanTealCity :allthethings:

Side note, I'm really proud of the sharks for hanging in there for their first ever time in the Stanley Cup Final. At least it won't be a sweep. :clap:

We are on our way to the game right now! Go Sharkies![DOUBLEPOST=1465153214][/DOUBLEPOST]I love being at the tank, even though they usually lose when I'm there. Such a fun atmosphere. Whoever called Pens in 5 nailed it. They are playing so well.

Last edited:

Kinglaser

We are on our way to the game right now! Go Sharkies![DOUBLEPOST=1465153214][/DOUBLEPOST]I love being at the tank, even though they usually lose when I'm there. Such a fun atmosphere. Whoever called Pens in 5 nailed it. They are playing so well.
I thought I got it right too. I guess the Pens (and I know I sound bitter, but the refs) didnt agree.

Last time the Pens won the Stanley Cup was in 2009 in game 7 in Detroit. I have faith they'll win the cup, I bleed black and gold for my steel city.

With that, I must say that was BY FAR the BEST hockey playing I've seen on both sides. The Sharks brought their A-game tonight and it shocked the Penguins. There wasn't a dull moment at all. However, there were several instances (on both sides) that the referees failed to call game-changing penalties. What's done is done, and I know we'll get in in San Jose on Sunday.

And by the way, I'm really kinda glad they didn't win here, because there were SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE STREETS OF PITTSBURGH and I don't think locals would act classy... I had a feeling they would lose tonight because all the hype about winning on home ice was too good to be true. When people assume they're going to win, they usually won't. But still- AMAZING game tonight.

Kinglaser

Yeah Im knocking on wood as I type this, but I dont see the Pens dropping two more games in a row. Theyve proven throughout the playoffs that they can buckle down and get to business, case and point when they went down 3-2 against the Lightning.

I couldn't believe how many people were in the streets...omg
It was odd, I saw an article about how the television stations wanted the series to go further. Suddenly, the Sharks miraculously start playing 10x better? I mean, I was at game 4 and they looked like a B league team.
Same thing happened with the Cavs vs. Warriors.
It's a weird time in the sports world.