Store for items sold by players using the SELL button?

Do you like the idea?

• Yes

Votes: 326 96.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 3.6%

• Total voters

Amy

Head Administrator
So earlier I had a thought... people sell a lot of items using the sell button because they want quick credits, things like gingerbread pieces are very common right now, and host consolation prizes are also common. I was thinking we could put all sold items (not past sold items, only as of when the store is put up + some we add to get it started) into a store where people could buy them. The prices wouldn't be steep because the valued items would be very rare to find in there.

What do you think of the idea?

The players would NOT get the credits, they would only get the usual SELL button credits, this is just doing something with the items that usually seemingly vanish into nowhere.

Huai

Magic Maker
I do believe that this is a fantastic idea to incorporate in-game, but I would also like to request or put forth the idea of a mini shop/kiosk that can be placed in a room with "selling" items. :)

To me, that would be pretty neat to have.

Kinglaser

This is a great idea. Love it as much as the cash register idea you had.
But request to somehow keep pixels out of it if thats possible cause ya know those things are bought and sold a lot lolol

PudgeTheFish

i played a game called wizard101 a few years back and they had something called a bazaar and it was just like this!! and all the prices were based off of demand and stuff and anyways such a cool idea and would help with MANY things!! :) Im in!

Lost

It's a good credit sink and would be pretty useful. A lot of people would probably check the shop often as who knows what people may sell for quick credits :)

Honestly wish this was around when used ornaments became sellable because I always need more of those LOL

(Ps could we maybe have a transfer of locked ornaments for used ornaments? They are super useful for building but finding a lot of them especially after they became sellable is probably pretty hard but I have quite a few locked ones - same for crate #1 etc where there is less keys than crates. Useful for room building but the lock on them can ruin the aesthetic.)

OstrichJockey

This is the best idea ever! :D

I accidentally sold my sole Goofy pin for 5 credits today and it would've been nice to fish it out of the bargain bin or give it a new home.

Plus, ya gotta love those thrift store sales, especially for aspiring builders such as myself. ;) I couldn't afford these "cheap" items otherwise since my budget is so tight.

I actually go to the host events FOR the consolation prizes because playing one less game of Jungle Cruise is a big deal to me and I appreciate the 250 credits worth of shrub :D

Its a great idea, but how often do people actually sell things? The values for selling items are pretty crappy, like I saw I would only get 5 credits for one of my chairs. I've never been that tight for credits that I've ever sold anything before, will the selling payout be increased at all?

katiebcat

I'm all for this, it would be nice to have a place to put items I accidentally buy extras of (I have 4 extra sally shirts)

cocobain

Its a great idea, but how often do people actually sell things? The values for selling items are pretty crappy, like I saw I would only get 5 credits for one of my chairs. I've never been that tight for credits that I've ever sold anything before, will the selling payout be increased at all?
I completely agree with this. @Amy I think in order for this to be successful you'd need to increase the sell payout a little bit, just to give players incentive to sell their items.

Honestly it's a wonderful idea, but I think you've already come up with a better system by allowing the trading of credits and items, like @katiebcat said.

Seems like having a shop would just be more work for you to "fix" an issue that you just found a solution for.

aliceblue

Honestly it's a wonderful idea, but I think you've already come up with a better system by allowing the trading of credits and items, like @katiebcat said.

Seems like having a shop would just be more work for you to "fix" an issue that you just found a solution for.
I think the point is allowing the reuse of items that would otherwise go to waste. Not everyone wants to go to the trouble of arranging trades for small items.