Tablet or Traditional?

E-Readers or Traditional?

• eReader (Nooks, Kindles, iBooks, etc.)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Traditional (PAPER)

Votes: 36 90.0%

• Total voters

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I guess it would be called the "Old School" way now if it's not on the net in some form or another, but I prefer traditional since I like having the physical copy of each piece of literature, so that I can add to my collection as well etc.

I tend to read books faster than i can buy them at times, so i'll read them on ibooks and add it to my "need to buy list" bc i do love me my paper copies for my collection. I love having physical books. I get excited when i get a new book to add to my shelf xD :) :rose:

Hypnotic

Traditional. I love having the book in my hands. It relaxes me more than staring at a virtual screen.
However, I still love wattpad very much when I can't afford books!

CandyCars

I love both for different reasons!

I like how I can read a book on my tablet instantly and have it wherever I go ( assuming I brought my phone or tablet )!

I also love having a real book in my hands. :)

Cat

I use both
I LOVE my kindle for any time I'm traveling or if I need to buy the next book fast
But I love the physical feeling of books as well, turning the page, physically closing and opening it, smelling them,,,

Kinglaser

Same as Cat and Candy. I love, if I'm in the car or something and wanna read, I can just pull out my phone. But I also love getting the physical book if I can.
Also, ebooks are sometimes a few dollars cheaper.

I tend to favor physical books because I am a book collector. I love walking into my room and seeing 300 books on my shelf. It makes it feel like home. HOWEVER I do read ebooks all the time. I tend to read an ebook and a physical book at the same time (different books) so that I always have a book with me where ever I go (because lets be honest you cant always carry around a big 800 page book with you). That being said, I never actually buy ebooks. I use them to explore the mass collection of free books on amazon. You would be surprised at how often you come across a great one! But because I love physical books so much, whenever I do happen across a great ebook, it automatically goes on a "list to buy in hard copy" such as @Angie mentioned! When I feel even more obsessive over my collection, sometimes that list turns more into "I read this book so I need it on my shelf". This is where libraries are the death of me, because every time I read a book I don't own, I have this battle with myself of needing to buy it and shelf it!
Long story short.
Physical books are my favourite, and I collect them. Ebooks help me explore more stories at a time at no cost, but I will always revert back to hard copy.
Happy Reading :reading:

I'll take whatever I can get. I usually don't buy books unless I've read it already or is a continuation of a series I am reading. So I usually head over to the library for most of my books. If I can get a physical copy, great! If not, then I'll try for the free ebook copy. I love the feeling of having an actual book in my hands,but like Neocissa said, "Who wants to carry around an 800 page book?". Also, sometimes there is a bonus to getting an ebook. A while back I was planning on reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. They are pretty long books. Instead of having three physical copies of each, I could have gotten them all together in one large ebook.

Chill

I definitely prefer traditional, i like being able to physically bookmark my spot idk why?? but i do have a kindle and i use it a lot because going all the way to barnes and noble to get a book is SUCH a hassle, its cheaper and easier so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neda

I love to buy physical copies of books but because I buy so much at once I usually end up not reading them because I'm overwhelmed.
I bought a couple of books on my phone and I noticed that I read more if it's on my phone because it's just more convenient plus I don't have to actually turn a page/the pages in general are so annoying to deal with if I'm laying down and reading because one side of the book is sticking up in the air while the other side is laying flat, ya feel?

Kirllan

Forever Noob!
In the last 25 years I have made a full Christian Theological library and I have seen no reason to go to Kindle. I have always studied with an open book from when I was a child until now. I do use Bible software to assist in study because a full Hebrew/Greek library of the original texts is a lot to hold in one place so only thing that is digital is my Bible software but otherwise I have an extensive library of theological books from A to Z.

I think it definitely depends since I loved my tablet in high school since I had several textbooks and other books on it. I do prefer real books though overall I think.

I like reading books, i love flipping the pages (and the smell). It depends really when you're reading, a regular book would be good for at night, the bright screen would keep you up, even when it's off. Other than that, both them are fine :)

I like both. I, too, love the smell of books and that lovely feeling of flipping through the pages... :reading: .... hm? Oh yeah! But with that love of books comes lack of space. My general rule is this: If it's a series or one of my favorite authors, it goes on the e-reader. If it's a classic or a single book from an author I really don't follow but know I'll enjoy, buy the actual physical copy of the book.

Now if I could have a library like Belle's, that'd be a whole different story :swoon:

Anomaly

heywassuphello
Traditional books all the way. The smell of books to me is like the smell of a big bin of crayons sitting in a classroom. The smell of crayons bring back your childhood memories and the smell of books bring back all of the adventures your imagination went on. Not only that, but everything has become so digital and technology has swiftly advanced.. From eBooks to digital refrigerators that link to your phone so you can view your food while you're at the store, it's ridiculous. Although these advances in technology make life "easier", they also make us lazier. So I would much rather go out and spend time skimming the first chapter in tons of different books at the bookstore than buying and reading one on my computer. And @Elegance, I'm definitely working on a library like Belle's! :reading: