Tattoos

So since most of us are older and probably are claimed as 'adults' in society, I was wondering if anyone has tattoos? I love tattoos, so I'm always interested to see other ones and the meanings behind them. (:

Last May my mom took me to get my Simba tattoo.
I'm going to be adding They Live in You put in a semi-circle above Simba. I wanted to represent my parents, grandparents, and relatives somehow.
Then when MY first child is born I'm having The Circle of Life written below Simba, as if to finish the circle of life.

What ones do you have?

Re: Tattoos? (Disney or not)

I don't have any yet but I have every intention of my first one being Disney..
I wanna get a tinkerebell with a pink ribbon and the words "Faith trust and pixie dust" for my bestfriends mom who died 4 years ago from breast cancer and used pixie dust and captain hook to explain cancer to her 5 year old son.

Re: Tattoos? (Disney or not)

clumsydancer said:
I don't have any yet but I have every intention of my first one being Disney..
I wanna get a tinkerebell with a pink ribbon and the words "Faith trust and pixie dust" for my bestfriends mom who died 4 years ago from breast cancer and used pixie dust and captain hook to explain cancer to her 5 year old son.
Oh my gosh, that's so precious!! <3

I have 4 tattoos so far =) 2 of them disney
I have Bambi on my foot and the disney castle on the inside of my ankle =)
When I have money, im going to get Thumper on my other foot =)
So much pain but SO worth it lol

Lost

I want to get some tattoos but I haven't got round to it yet. I don't know what I'd get if I were to get a Disney tat though, never thought about a Disney one much.

kalyee

I've got a fairly large piece on my upper right arm dedicated to Elliott Smith, and am starting on my "Why?" - a band, - related sleeve in a few weeks. Other than that I've got a few small symbolic pieces scattered around, most recently a small watercolor style fox for my kitten.

ClaireMarie

disney pin trader since 2004
I want a small tattoo on my wrist and I want some sort of Disney one. I don't know where or what, though. Plus I want a small nose ring but my dress code doesn't allow it.

I have rosary beads around my right ankle. My second one is on my ribs; small script that says 'Ever Constant'.

I hope to get some script down my spine next! Could never decide on a Disney one to get!

Share your tattoo stories!

I started something similar to this on Ovmk forums so I'll do it again. I know some of you guys are 18 and over, and what do you get when you're 18? Tattoos! I know that's what I did. Since I turned 18, I have gotten 7 tattoos, though I have 8 because of a trip to Vegas where it's legal for 17 year old to get tattoos. Anyway, if you have tattoos, share your stories behind them and what they mean to you. I'll start.
Tat #1: Batman wings. I got this after the Aurora Batman shootings and when Christian Bale visited the victims in the hospital I thought that really showed his character and got it in tribute to him.
Tat #2: Mickey head. My love for Disney.
Tat #3: Cheshire cat: More love for Disney and cats.
Tat #4: "Follower" This is for my favorite show called The Following. If you've seen it then you probably think I'm crazy. I am a follower of the show.
Tat #5: Avengers logo. The Avengers are my favorite superheroes and when the movie came out it just sealed the deal and I got a tattoo of the logo.
Tat #6: Marilyn Monroe silhouette. I love Marilyn Monroe, she's my idol. I've seen all of her movies and she was just a beautiful, strong woman.
Tat #7: FOB crown. I love Fall Out Boy. Been my favorite band since I was a kid. One of my favorite memories as a kid would be me walking to school, listening to my CD walkmen with Fall Out Boy playing.
And Tat #8: "Raise You Like a Phoenix." This is a lyric from the song Phoenix from Fall Out Boy's, Save Rock and Roll album. Its my favorite song ever and I'll never get sick of it. I got it after I saw them in concert a few weeks ago and thought they were amazing and I need a tribute to that.

Your turn!

P.s. Don't hate on peoples tattoos. My meanings might sound stupid to you and why would I get something permanent like that on my skin, it's because I love these things to death and it's my personality on my skin.

Jesslyn

I only have one tattoo I got on the inside of my wrist, it's a white in star. My half sister, who is 23 got three stars on her hip resembling her three sisters from both sides of her family. They're all in our favorite colors, and being shes MY only sibling I thought I'd get a star for her. Mainly because I've always had a fascination with stars but also to match hers. I got it in white ink because my mom doesn't know about it, and I'm not allowed to have tattoos until I move out, or else I get kicked out, but ya know rebel, so.

Monique

Tattoo #1: On my left arm; A lotus flower with the words 'the meaning of life doesn't exist until we define it ourselves' under it; The lotus flower is relative to Buddhism, the values of which I greatly follow. The quote is mine; my own words.

Tattoo #2: A jellyfish on my ribcage; Jellyfish are my favorite marine life, they're fascinating to me.

Awesome ideas! I'm glad my mom knows that my plans in life aren't going to be affected by tattoos so she generally supports, or puts up, with me getting them.

Allons-y

dog enthusiast and future imagineer
I live in Vegas. Im turning 17 next month. I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD TO BE 17??? NOT 18? Im so lost I googled it and it says a bunch of different ages. But when I do get one, its gonna be this:

Its the symbol for Hakuna Matata, something I believe in :) And something I'll always look to in times of stress or pressure. The whole idea gives me confidence in myself, plus disney is a huge part of me and I love it with all my heart. :)

I got my first one this year after a long time procrastinating. Wanted a simple first part in case I absolutely could not handle it. Will be adding to it hopefully before the end of the year

(on left shoulder, really hard to photograph which is why her eyes are not even it's the turn of my arm lol )

Maleficent is my favorite of all time. Clearly.

Mr. Bones

humans as ornaments
I live in Vegas. Im turning 17 next month. I DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD TO BE 17??? NOT 18? Im so lost I googled it and it says a bunch of different ages. But when I do get one, its gonna be this:

Its the symbol for Hakuna Matata, something I believe in :) And something I'll always look to in times of stress or pressure. The whole idea gives me confidence in myself, plus disney is a huge part of me and I love it with all my heart. :)
OK BEFORE YOU GET THAT TATTOO:
you should know that there isn't a symbol for hakuna matata (swahili is written in the english alphabet) and that what you posted in that image is actually from a korean movie called 200 Pounds Beauty

(psst get a tattoo that actually has good art and imagery it will be a lot better in the long run look up some really nice artists in vegas get u some good money and get the best first tattoo in history)

Kay

i don't know
Tattoo #1: On my left arm; A lotus flower with the words 'the meaning of life doesn't exist until we define it ourselves' under it; The lotus flower is relative to Buddhism, the values of which I greatly follow. The quote is mine; my own words.

Tattoo #2: A jellyfish on my ribcage; Jellyfish are my favorite marine life, they're fascinating to me.
I LOVE THE JELLYFISH ONE AHHH I WANT.
that quote is also beautiful.

sadly, i do not have tattoos yet. three more years ; ;
i know that i want a tattoo of birds flying to represent freedom
and i want one to represent my battle with depression, i'm not quite sure exactly what.

Allons-y

OK BEFORE YOU GET THAT TATTOO:
you should know that there isn't a symbol for hakuna matata (swahili is written in the english alphabet) and that what you posted in that image is actually from a korean movie called 200 Pounds Beauty

(psst get a tattoo that actually has good art and imagery it will be a lot better in the long run look up some really nice artists in vegas get u some good money and get the best first tattoo in history)
ugh thank you i knew it wasnt for sure the symbol because ive heard stories of people getting stuff like that and it not working it out. I wanst 100 with it PRECISELY because of that suspicion. :) thanks!

I don't want to seem cliche by having this tattoo, but I have a tattoo of an infinity symbol with a heart above it. This was my first tattoo and I got it on November 3rd, 2012. This is the day that my Nana passed away from esophageal cancer that she had been fighting for almost 2 years. I decided on this tattoo because to me it represents eternal love which I believe in. I believe in finding your soulmate and having an eternal love with them. My Nana lost her husband - my Grandpa - in 2001 to leukemia cancer and when she passed, they were reunited once again. This one small tattoo on my right inner wrist means the world to me and reminds me everyday that I'm not alone.

Allons-y

Did some revising, and now i want THIS haha:

yeah i know the infinity symbols a little cliche but it fits really well with the whole flow. Im just really in love with Hakuna Matata. hahaha