The API - Item History

Should we have item history be publicly viewable in the API?

• Yes.

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • Yes, with an opt-out option.

Votes: 46 21.1%
  • Yes, but you have to opt-in to show up.

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Yes, but with an opt-out option that all staff use.

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • No.

Votes: 128 58.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight. Say there are 50 of a particular item in the game. This option would allow players to see that the particular item they are looking at is say #2 of 50? Wouldn't this make the earlier numbered items more valuable than the later numbers? So someone would be willing to trade more for 2/50 than they would 50/50? And the value could also go up if a staff member had it in their possession at some point? This seems like it is asking for trouble. Do we not remember how badly the trading was out of hand, how many trade scams there were? If I understand this correctly, I want nothing to do with it.

Shrimp

I agree with those who say this'll change trading and make the game focus on obtaining more rares and actually stalking people for it ._.

I understand there's an opt-out option but would that mean we'd all be in the system automatically and we'll have to manually remove ourselves? I know there will be a lot of people who aren't active in the forums who won't have a clue about this unless announced on the main game page.

I feel like this will make things more messy. There's nothing wrong with old-fashion trading.

I agree with those who say this'll change trading and make the game focus on obtaining more rares and actually stalking people for it ._.

I understand there's an opt-out option but would that mean we'd all be in the system automatically and we'll have to manually remove ourselves? I know there will be a lot of people who aren't active in the forums who won't have a clue about this unless announced on the main game page.

I feel like this will make things more messy. There's nothing wrong with old-fashion trading.
Except for that whole Opt-in thing there. That's kind of important.

Shrimp

Except for that whole Opt-in thing there. That's kind of important.
Oh, right. I completely ignored that. So let me get this:

Opt-out - you'll automatically be in the API and would have to remove yourself manually.
Opt-in - you won't automatically be in the API and could join at your own discretion.

I don't understand how the opt-out option is beating the opt-in. Welp. Won't really have to worry about this.

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I voted for the opt-in, but I get how people are weary. Don't want anymore jealousy fueled fights over rares.

Yea. Same. Whatever. I don't think there really should be a no option if you are capable of doing opt-in, but the community voted, and unlike the other thread, this is pretty clearly not being messed with by the polling method.

Status
Not open for further replies.