The baseball thread

philitup

The Internet Champion!
So the playoffs are starting very soon, so I thought that there isn't a better time to start a topic about it.

As for me, I'm a Brewers fan. I have season tickets to all 81 home games. This year was weird, we had a really bad first half, but if the season started after the All Star break then we would have won the NL Central.

Anyways, here you can talk about anything that has to do with baseball.

supernovagirl

I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan. So glad they made it, especially after last year and 2011... Hopefully they win the Pennant. I'm really excited for the game tonight (Rays and Rangers)!! Hoping the Rangers win :-)

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I hope the Red Sox win, because if the Red Sox win then the Cardinals have to go up against the whole "Boston Strong" thing, so that means not a lot of people other then Cardinal fans will be cheering for the Cardinals, which is good. I hate the Cardinals, because all they do is cry about the other team until they win. I also don't like them because everyone and their dog calls them a "class act". I mean, what makes them such a class act? It's not like they play in suits. OK, maybe they win a lot but no one is saying that about the Yankees.

supernovagirl

I hope the Red Sox win, because if the Red Sox win then the Cardinals have to go up against the whole "Boston Strong" thing, so that means not a lot of people other then Cardinal fans will be cheering for the Cardinals, which is good. I hate the Cardinals, because all they do is cry about the other team until they win. I also don't like them because everyone and their dog calls them a "class act". I mean, what makes them such a class act? It's not like they play in suits. OK, maybe they win a lot but no one is saying that about the Yankees.
I like the Cards, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time for their NL "era" to die down a bit. Also... when they play well, my town brings in the $$$ because they spring train here.
I've been a Sox fan for as long as I can remember (my dad is from Boston lol) and I am sooo proud of them this year. They've put all of their issues aside and they're acting like a team for the first time in a while.

CoolBama

Well I am a HUGE Atlanta Braves fan but since we choke all the time, I tend to pull for Boston. I don't know why. I guess because I am a huge Boston Celtics fan so it carries over to baseball haha. I hope they can pull it off and beat the Cards. Although David Freese went to the same college I attend and I really like him, I'm still pulling for Boston! FEAR THE BEARDS!!

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I WAS an Astros fan when I lived in Texas. I moved to CA and became a Dodgers fan. I kept the name for memory sake.

The Dodgers made me mad this year. Really thought they had it, until they didn't. :(

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I like the Cards, don't get me wrong, but I think it's time for their NL "era" to die down a bit. Also... when they play well, my town brings in the $$$ because they spring train here.
I've been a Sox fan for as long as I can remember (my dad is from Boston lol) and I am sooo proud of them this year. They've put all of their issues aside and they're acting like a team for the first time in a while.
The reason why you like the Cardinals is because you don't play them a lot. You'll learn to hate them the HARD way.

jaysssssssssssssssss

mostly because my family's rooted in toronto unfortunately i don't get to watch many games. sigh.

supernovagirl

The reason why you like the Cardinals is because you don't play them a lot. You'll learn to hate them the HARD way.
Probably LOL. I live in Marlin nation... but everyone beats the Marlins so it doesn't really matter. I get to see the Cards a lot during Spring Training (my dad has season tickets) and they're soo good. But yeah, I don't really get to watch them as much as I do with American League teams.

I'm from Massachusetts and am a proud Red Sox fan as a result. I was so excited last night when they won. They really do deserve this and are in my opinion, the most genuine team out there.

My brother was at the game last night. I could have actually went but my brother's friends bought the other tickets from my dad so they all went with my brother. Oh, well. Lol.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
Probably LOL. I live in Marlin nation... but everyone beats the Marlins so it doesn't really matter. I get to see the Cards a lot during Spring Training (my dad has season tickets) and they're soo good. But yeah, I don't really get to watch them as much as I do with American League teams.
LOL! Yeah, the Marlins aren't really standing up to the big teams right now.

That's pretty cool that your dad has season tickets to Spring Training, I didn't even know that you could do that TBH. xD

aceastrofan

The one and only...
I'd rather see the Cardinals win than the Red Sox. Everyone at my HS (in Utah) jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon and it's just disgusting. (As a Dodgers/Astros fan)